Energy Blue Theme (Official Royale)

...and the fact that's it's called "Luna.msstyles" means Office 2003 uses the special colour schemes for Blue, Silver and Olive.

And as you'll read here, it only works for Blue, Silver and Olive.... :p

the clue is renaming the msstyles file to luna.msstyles

For me, this worked with the leaked version of Royale, but doesn't work with this official tablet PC edition.

I've tried replacing Luna in Safe Mode, that doesn't work either.

For me, this worked with the leaked version of Royale, but doesn't work with this official tablet PC edition.

I've tried replacing Luna in Safe Mode, that doesn't work either.

584731549[/snapback]

Is there any way you can get me this leaked version? downloadlink?

Here is the original Royale Visual Style with Theme file that comes with MCE 2005. (without Luna)

Just extract the zip file in your Themes directory (C:\Windows\Resources\Themes) & copy EnergyBliss.jpg into the Royale directory + rename it to Energy Bliss.jpg.

EnergyBliss.th.jpg

Royale.zip

Here is the original Royale Visual Style with Theme file that comes with MCE 2005. (without Luna)

Just extract the zip file in your Themes directory (C:\Windows\Resources\Themes) & copy EnergyBliss.jpg into the Royale directory + rename it to Energy Bliss.jpg.

Thank you very much, this file works great with Office 2003 :cool:

Thank you very much, this file works great with Office 2003  :cool:

584741252[/snapback]

How did you get it to work? I followed all the instructions in the above post and opened Outlook, and it's still grey!

EnergyBliss.th.jpg

584738782[/snapback]

Thanks.

How did you get it to work? I followed all the instructions in the above post and opened Outlook, and it's still grey!

584741300[/snapback]

Start XP in safe mode and replace the file "luna.msstyles" and "ShellStyle.dll" everywhere you can find it on your system.

That should work fine with Office 2003.

Personally, I think Royale looks really good (compared to Luna) but since Micro$oft-bashing is the geek national sport I submit the following tidbit, quoted from the Energy Blue download page:

System Requirements

*Supported Operating Systems: TabletPC

Windows XP Service Pack 2

There you have it in plaintext. Micro$oft fscked things up again, as usual. Obviously the theme installer (as provided by MS) won't work on XP SP2, but the download page says it will, and the filename also indicates it is intended to work with regular WinXP SP2. I wonder who made the mistake, the guys who compiled the installer or the guys who wrote the information and decided the filename... :)

There. My daily dose of Micro$oft-bashing.

I tried the manual way, then Dazzla's but that seem to mess everything up. :blink:

Maybe someone with a TabletPC can upload the Theme folder to show us how it should be implemented?

lol.....it look exactly the same.....

584713999[/snapback]

exactly... i don't see the hype about it....

it's fugly and there thousand cooler and nicer theme on the internet available

im using the royale them on Xp pro and my tablet pc, just down load the installer and extract the files, then make a folder in c:\windows\resources\thems call it royale, put the shell folder and the them in that folder and put the 2kb royale file in the themes folder then double click the theme in the royale folder.. also workes for other luna style VS's and its the same in tablet pc