[Review] Logitech z-5500

Does anybaody heard both Z-5500 and Z-5300?

Is there any relevant difference between them?

I dont need as much power as the Z-5500 has, I just need quality.

I do have an Audigy 2 ZS card.

So Z-5500 worth the more money?

Thanks your reply in advance.

Does anybaody heard both Z-5500 and Z-5300?

Is there any relevant difference between them?

I dont need as much power as the Z-5500 has, I just need quality.

I do have an Audigy 2 ZS card.

So Z-5500 worth the more money?

Thanks your reply in advance.

585189218[/snapback]

I haven't actually heard the difference between the two but according to loads of reviews the z-5500's have improved upon the z-680's. Both the z-5500's and the z-680's have the same amount of power.

Apparantley the bass on the z-5500's is supposed to be a lot tighter and more accurate and the satellites are supposed to be of higher quality.

I own a set of z-5500's and they are amazing in sound fidelity, obviously they can be improved upon if more money is spent, but for the price that they are they are one of the best set's available.

Also the Z-5500's are the same price or even cheaper than the Z-680's so IMO i would go for the Z-5500's.

:cool:

Just bought myself a set of these from overclockers uk, they are awesome, didn't realise just how rubbish my old 5.1 speakers sounded (or how good these sound) until i plugged these in :woot:

I did have a hissing to start with, but then figured out that it was the control centre not plugged in properly, reconnecting it sorted it out and now i have no hiss whatsoever :)

Just a Q, What will i need to buy in order to be able to hook them up to the digital connection on my Soundblaster audigy 2 zs (i have them in analogue now)?

i finally made my decision to go for the z5500s but i need to know if all the speakers are wall mountable or is it just the center speakers..and if they provide the screws to wall mount and if the wire is long enough..does anyone know? thanks!!

Yes, all the speakers are mountable but i didn't have any screws with mine (i am mounting the rear speakers on my wall tomorrow :))

As for wire length, the rear speaker wires are 25 feet. which is plenty long enough for me personally, but the front and centre wires are shorter ;)

Just a Q, What will i need to buy in order to be able to hook them up to the digital connection on my Soundblaster audigy 2 zs (i have them in analogue now)?

585199987[/snapback]

you're going to need a Y-RCA adapter that fits a mini plug or an optical cable.

Just got these but I have hissing problems. I can hear the hiss from 4 feet away with the volume on medium. I have Audigy 2 ZS...

I'm not sure whether to exchange or just buy some Klipsch....

that kinda helped a little, but I can still hear it. Can anyone else hear hissing?? Now it's not so clear, but I can hear it clearly a foot away from a speaker....

I figured out the hiss problem on these speakers! It is creatives drivers. If you can use Coax or optical. Anolog with creative drivers causes hiss. DO NOT HAVE ANOLOG IN WITH CREATIVE DRIVERS. Even if you are using coax but still have anolog in u will get hiss. Other choice is use kX drivers

I figured out the hiss problem on these speakers!  It is creatives drivers.  If you can use Coax or optical.  Anolog with creative drivers causes hiss.  DO NOT HAVE ANOLOG IN WITH CREATIVE DRIVERS.  Even if you are using coax but still have anolog in u will get hiss.  Other choice is use kX drivers

585209296[/snapback]

I'm not sure I get this. So if I get coax, will the hiss go away or no?? I have an Audigy 2 ZS - using analog. Also, how much do coax wires cost, and which one should i buy?/

Thanks

I'm not sure I get this. So if I get coax, will the hiss go away or no?? I have an Audigy 2 ZS - using analog. Also, how much do coax wires cost, and which one should i buy?/

Thanks

585209608[/snapback]

I want to know this aswell :)

BTW, I am using the KX project drivers, better quality sound and no hiss at all using analog :)

I thought KX drivers didnt support EAX and buncha other things tho...

585209656[/snapback]

you are right, thats why i'm not using them

but if you do use them, there is no hiss

creative drivers sucks but i still gotta use them no choice

is the LCD lighting on the control pod supposed to be even? Mine is brighter on the sides and dark in the middle...

Also, where can i get the KX driver? I wanna see if it really is the creative driver

i need new speakers... i want these or the 680's... what is the cheapest anyone has found the 5500 (USA) with shipping coasts?

so there is a hiss with the 5500's too?