Firefox 1.0 November 9th

just for clarification...the Nov 9 release is the FINAL version which means this is the climax of Firefox for the time being?

584881141[/snapback]

1.0 is hardly the "Final" version :blink: ! This is open source software, it's always in development. Version 1.0, simply means it's reached a state where it's no longer considered "beta" and stable enough for the masses (non-geeks) to use. Now, IMHO Firefox has been like that for a while (on the whole).

There will still be development after version 1, it's constantly in development due to its open source nature.

BTW, I've known about the November 9th launch date for weeks. Why is this only posted today? Even the main Mozilla site has had a banner up there since about Thursday :sleep: !

firefox-preview-product.gif

Version 1.0, simply means it's reached a state where it's no longer considered "beta" and stable enough for the masses (non-geeks) to use. Now, IMHO Firefox has been like that for a while (on the whole).

There will still be development after version 1, it's constantly in development due to its open source nature.

584881224[/snapback]

i think he knows that... he meant final 1.0, no more rc's, etc.

Though I have to admit I miss the type and find function of the older 0.9.

You can enable that in Options/Advanced and select "Begin finding when you begin typing" - the only thing is that it brings up the Find bar, rather than finding text inline. I did like the old way, but the new way is much more logical.

bah 1.0 final version

Nightly builts are already awsome

For those who updates everyday theyr built.. there is nothing much there

But for those who still use version 0.8 from the official release installer, that a huge step..

The External Link on Softpedia points to a nigthly build...just wait to see it released on mozilla's homepage...

584887288[/snapback]

nope its FINAL :D

it's on the ftp now!!

Yeah, but it's a nightly... I would wait until the final is on the site.

Still, even though they release nightlies everyday they sometimes slip in some extra features at the last minute (like 0.8 where they changed the name and branding by surprise). I doubt they would change it much at all, because they don't want to introduce problems, but a new theme/logo wouldn't surprise me (even though it would be unneeded).