Firefox 1.0 November 9th

its out there im still nto top sure its 1.0 both rc2 and 1.0 have the same guild numbers on the installers blink.gif

but yes its out there is u look hard enough

I think that file is BS!

its out there im still nto top sure its 1.0  both rc2 and 1.0 have the same guild numbers on the installers  :blink:

584887833[/snapback]

looks like a virus to me. :whistle:

Index of /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/final/releases

Name                    Last modified       Size  

[DIR] Parent Directory        06-Nov-2004 01:08      -  
[DIR] 0.10.1/                 01-Oct-2004 20:30      -  
[DIR] 0.10/                   15-Sep-2004 20:11      -  
[DIR] 0.10rc/                 18-Sep-2004 03:38      -  
[DIR] 0.8/                    11-Feb-2004 02:10      -  
[DIR] 0.9.1/                  28-Jun-2004 22:05      -  
[DIR] 0.9.2/                  09-Jul-2004 14:41      -  
[DIR] 0.9.3/                  04-Aug-2004 11:03      -  
[DIR] 0.9/                    15-Jun-2004 18:02      -  
[DIR] 0.9rc/                  09-Jun-2004 21:41      -  
[DIR] 1.0/                    08-Nov-2004 17:10      -  
[DIR] 1.0rc1/                 01-Nov-2004 13:48      -  
[DIR] 1.0rc2/                 05-Nov-2004 03:14      -  
[   ] README                  23-Mar-2004 19:08     1k  

Of course, I made that up. Don't y'all wish? Just kidding! :whistle:

its out there im still nto top sure its 1.0  both rc2 and 1.0 have the same guild numbers on the installers  :blink:

584887833[/snapback]

That file HAS to be the final build, because renaming the filename would be an impossible thing to do !

...when it's in the release folder it'll be legit, otherwise the rest is just BS  :whistle:

584888363[/snapback]

I concur! :yes:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir...2.installer.exe

I think this is final, there is no RC1 or RC2 or Preview Release :\

584888412[/snapback]

It's the not the final since it's from the nightly folder. Milestone releases are always in the firefox/releases/version number and since there isn't a 1.0 folder in the releases folder, it is not officialy out.

did anyone here donate to FireFox for that ad??

if you did... please post a jpg of the PDF of the ad that was sent to you in a new thread - I'm more than sure that TONZ of neowinians would like to see it.

I get the New York Times at my door every day, so I'll look for it tomorrow (the 9th) and can it if it's out.

Guys, the final release wil be posted here when Mozilla has released it.

Until such time, Firefox 1.0 has NOT been released. All the builds floating around are simply nightlies carrying the 1.0 branding. Mozilla will probably compile the 1.0 release again from the same gold code as the last 3 nightlies.

did anyone here donate to FireFox for that ad??

if you did... please post a jpg of the PDF of the ad that was sent to you in a new thread - I'm more than sure that TONZ of neowinians would like to see it.

I get the New York Times at my door every day, so I'll look for it tomorrow (the 9th) and can it if it's out.

584888513[/snapback]

1) The date for the ad to run has not yet been set. The New York Times gives a 3 week window for when it can run. This reduces the cost of the ad.

2) They aren't even saying if the design has been finalized yet, no one has seen it.

hey all read this Firefox 1.0 Launch Day: Air Mozilla

Join us in celebrating the launch of Mozilla Firefox 1.0. Tomorrow, Tuesday, November 9, from 2-7pm PST (that's 22:00-03:00 GMT), we will be hosting AIR MOZILLA live from the Mozilla Foundation HQ, a 5 hour web event, including a live webcast and text chat. The show will feature interviews and discussions with key Mozilla staff. Questions from the audience (including the media) from the chat room will be fed into the show. The event will be hosted here at www.spreadfirefox.com. You'll need QuickTime for the audio streaming. We'll also use both IRC and a web-based text chat solution.

So FF 1.0 will be released before 2pmPST time :p