Firefox 1.0 November 9th

better countdown: http://mrgavins.f2o.org/countdown.php

:D

584889053[/snapback]

to bad I can't stay up that long! It already 10:49 in EST and boy I still have math homework to do. I've been draging out the whole night waiting for ff to come but that wont happen till morning and my parents won't let me use my computer in the morning so i'll get it around 3 pm :angry:

I can't wait any longer :cry:

to bad I can't stay up that long! It already 10:49 in EST and boy I still have math homework to do. I've been draging out the whole night waiting for ff to come but that wont happen till morning and my parents won't let me use my computer in the morning so i'll get it around 3 pm  :angry:

I can't wait any longer  :cry:

584889118[/snapback]

dude.. really, its a browser... what are you waiting for.. to see if neowin looks different in firefawks 1.0? lol

owned.

dude.. really, its a browser... what are you waiting for.. to see if neowin looks different in firefawks 1.0? lol

owned.

584889137[/snapback]

oohh, the small joy's in life... :rofl:

It's a browser? Firefox is ONE OF THE BEST things to happen to the Web development and security areas of the world. Web developers got tired of the lack of support for W3C specs in IE (which constituted a new IE version that never came) and normal end-users got tired of ActiveX controls causing their computers to be infected with viruses, trojans and spyware (yes, I know it can be disabled, but it is too much work to mess with...)

Firefox has security settings tweaked to the best possible combination for the average end-user and the lack of ActiveX support further helps avoid spyware, viruses and trojans from automatically being installed on a computer. This is why I converted, and I'm only 17 (almost)! Honestly, security is more important than an abundance of options (which are too technical for the average end-user) and an abundance of buttons on a toolbar. Firefox has a built-in Google searchbar to differentiate between URLs and search queries whereas IE uses the address bar to search MSN(too many adverts, the popups - which are also taken care of by Firefox - are a turnoff) if and only if no URLs pertaining to the query are found quickly.

My final words in this post:

Love Firefox like you love your family and Firefox will keep you secure as a gift to you. Love IE like you love your family and IE will install spyware as a gift to you.

Sorry that it's Nov. 10, 2004 for you gentlemen (and ladies and children)! Where I am, it is Nov. 08, 2004 10:55PM CST (22:55 (-6:00)). Using GMT.... Nov. 09, 2004 4:55 GMT ?? Since there are 4 hours left, I'll get mine in the morning (I'm going to sleep soon). Nov. 9, 2004 1AM PST (1:00 (-8:00)) and Nov. 9, 2004 9AM GMT (9:00 (+0:00))?? I think that's right. Well, good night!

Its out!

w0000t!

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.0

:rolleyes:

584889416[/snapback]

Fell for it. Damn you... :pinch:

4AM release? Goddamn. First it's HL2 with a 3AM release. Now this? Ah well. I'm going to bed at 1 and hopefully by the time I wake up, I will be able to upgrade if indeed it does come out by then. :yes:

November 08, 2004

5 Hours Out...

Targeting an early morning release... we've settled in here at the Foundation for a long night ... hopefully in the alcohol-induced fury at the end we don't accidentally push ie6setup.exe to the website.

LOL!!!!!!! :laugh:

CHILL OUT PEOPLE!!!

Does it really matter if you have to use RC2 for a couple more hours??!

This is insane.

584889690[/snapback]

Yeah LOL :D