[DEFINITIVE] Half-Life 2 Thread

is there not a DVD version because why have 6 Cd's when you could have 1 DVD?????

Almost everyone has a DVD-Rom/DVD-RW would it save them money because they only need 1 Disc or give the option for a DVD Version or the 6 Cd version????

584905126[/snapback]

dvd version

Just hope my PC doesn't screw itself in the next 4 days.. i've had a cached copy of HL2 on there for too long now for it to start acting up ;)

584905109[/snapback]

Lol, We're in the same boat. My HDD has been acting up for weeks now. Seems the closer it gets to the 16th, the more F'ed up it gets.

stupid buisness. the game is FINISHED, we all have it DOWNLOADED, all they need to do is flip a damn switch to make the world happy. they have more power than santa clause right now. JUST LET US PLAY. This is about the gamers?

stupid buisness.  the game is FINISHED, we all have it DOWNLOADED, all they need to do is flip a damn switch to make the world happy.  they have more power than santa clause right now.  JUST LET US PLAY.  This is about the gamers?

584905204[/snapback]

Well they also have a contract with Vivendi not to release it early over steam. Don't wanna **** off your publisher or no $ for you.

A little bit of hype but the guy can't play it unless he cracks it and I'd doubt that's gonna happen until someone compares the unlocked to the locked etc like CS:Source. Wait till tuesday :p

:woot:  ive been waiting years for this...  :cry:

I remember the time of the leak, i wrote an article that got deleted on accident by a crappy host I had at the time.  I recently found it on archive.org.  Check out what it was like if your in the mood for a peak.

http://www.gaming-zone.net/hl2leak.php  :pinch:

584905108[/snapback]

Steam will allow you to back it up...

vivindi and valve are already ****ed at eachother over the steam controversy in internet cafes. i bet valve doesn't give a crap. how does it benefit vivindi to not let us play a few days early? I bet valve won't publish their next title with them anyways. Say hello to Valve, EA.

incorrect, the hacked version of CS:S uses a steam emulator, can do the same thing with HL2, since it uses the same engine/calls

584905183[/snapback]

Sorry did a little searching, I stand corrected

vivindi and valve are already ****ed at eachother over the steam controversy in internet cafes.  i bet valve doesn't give a crap.  how does it benefit vivindi to not let us play a few days early?  I bet valve won't publish their next title with them anyways.  Say hello to Valve, EA.

584905228[/snapback]

I don't know why anyone would want to publish their games since a nice amount of sales are done through steam and then the publisher doesnt benefit at all from this. Yeah, I think they might as well have released it awhile ago but I figure wait the couple days left for it now.

Meh, I've been waiting like 6 years now for Half-Life 2, and only about a month for Halo 2 since I just beat the game a few weeks ago. I'll have to wait for the PC version of Halo 2 and thats gonna take forever.

i guess we should stay focused on halo 2 ;)  valve is going to steal all of its glory.

584905260[/snapback]

Halo 2 has enjoyed its time in the sun for three days. That was just the opening act for the main event.

I wonder if I call my local GameStop and told them that the local EB has broken the street release date after they heard that some stores across the US have broken it, will GameStop panic and release it so that they would not get outsold by the local EB? I would like to stare at the game box for the next few days since I would not be able to play it until it is unlocked.

Edited by jmole

What a sec... I am confused. Why does he have two different box covers? One is of the G-Man and one is of a scene in the game. This seems like the Doom hoax with the photoshoped Doom 3 cds.

*Edit: Actually probably the scene from the game is the back of the box. Still, this could just be a photoshopped image.