[DEFINITIVE] Half-Life 2 Thread

OMG the HL2

post-3035-1099779031.gif

584905427[/snapback]

LoL! Well this is one game I'm definitely going to get... that is until I get a new DVD drive because my current one is fugged. Gonna get the DVD version of HL2, I hope!

people confirm this sucker been unlocked?  if it is i'm rushing home right now!!

584905447[/snapback]

Its not. There would be a lot more stuff such as official announcements in steam and everywhere on the net, plus its not under "just released" in steam.

just like when DOOM3 was sold a few days ahead, did Activision just say **** it and make it available everywhere? no. So some people got lucky, the rest of us will have to wait.

I do not know if this is proof of being a fake or not, but shouldn't we be able to see keyboard keys through the clear part of this cd. It seems like the "backspace" key is at the top of this cd, so direcly under it should be the "|", enter, shift, and ctrl keys. I could definitely be wrong though, but I do have fun disproving photoshoped images while I wait for next week!

post-4044-1100218728.jpg

I do not know if this is proof of being a fake or not, but shouldn't we be able to see keyboard keys through the clear part of this cd.  It seems like the "backspace" key is at the top of this cd, so direcly under it should be the  "|", enter, shift, and ctrl keys.  I could definitely be wrong though, but I do have fun disproving photoshoped images while I wait for next week!

584905569[/snapback]

I just took a cd and I tried to position it just as you see in the picture. And you can only see the edges of the keys just as it is in the picture. So I do not think it fake.

Edit: I just took a Look at the bigger picture of it and I can see the letters for either the shift or crtl buttons

I do not know if this is proof of being a fake or not, but shouldn't we be able to see keyboard keys through the clear part of this cd.  It seems like the "backspace" key is at the top of this cd, so direcly under it should be the  "|", enter, shift, and ctrl keys.  I could definitely be wrong though, but I do have fun disproving photoshoped images while I wait for next week!

584905569[/snapback]

look at the one above that to the left i think its real dude

A lot of people thought this one was real too...Lol, I just like planting the seed of doubt in your heads.

584905621[/snapback]

I just noticed that The newer cds have holograms on them.

Edit: Yeah I do not know about The 6th cd

Edited by Djmutik1013

It is known that HL2 will come in 6 CD's or 1 DVD... there's only 5 there... weird

584905670[/snapback]

Just like doom3 was on 6 CDs or 1 DVD?

He should scan his receipt or take a screenshot of the installation process.  I will believe him once I see other proof besides an easily photoshoped box and cds.

584905706[/snapback]

Screens can be easily photoshopped too. Theres been a ton of fake "half-life2 unlocked in steam" 'screenshots' posted on the net, and an installation screen would be just as easy to fake...