[DEFINITIVE] Half-Life 2 Thread

"...and we're going to ship it on September 30, 2003."  Well Gabe, you're over a year late.

584906265[/snapback]

Yeah, I think it was a BIT ambitious (stupid?) to say "Yeah, we'll have the game out in a few months even though its nowhere near done yet." Especially saying that it will actually SHIP that day. Thats entirely up to the publisher really.

What a sec... I am confused.  Why does he have two different box covers?  One is of the G-Man and one is of a scene in the game.  This seems like the Doom hoax with the photoshoped Doom 3 cds.

*Edit: Actually probably the scene from the game is the back of the box.  Still, this could just be a photoshopped image.

584905409[/snapback]

There is going to be different box art offered.

Someone said that on steampowered too. How do you figure a display stand can't be photoshopped? I believe they're real obviously since there's 4-5 days till sales begin, but I don't know why they couldn't be photoshopped.

Would you all agree that this is the most anticipated PC game release ever?

584906410[/snapback]

In competition for a first place spot with Halo 2 and Doom 3. I think Half-Life 2 is probably the most anticipated release still. Almost 7 years since the first Half-Life.

available in best buy

584906630[/snapback]

-Goes through computer monitor, teleports to that best buy, takes his place and steals HL2 copy. Returns home, plays- :D

-Goes through computer monitor, teleports to that best buy, takes his place and steals HL2 copy. Returns home, plays-  :D

584906668[/snapback]

then you cry cus you cant play it cus valve hasnt thrown the switch to unlock it. :sleep:

time to remove the doom 3 sig and avatar i guess :yes:

then you cry cus you cant play it cus valve hasnt thrown the switch to unlock it.  :sleep:

time to remove the doom 3 sig and avatar i guess  :yes:

584906734[/snapback]

Yeah, I realized that too after I posted it :(.