Netscape Browser Prototype

If it is Based on Firefox, why not just use Firefox? I am getting kind of tired of seeing Based on this and Based on that. If you want to impress me, don't base it on anything!

maybe 1.0 want available when they started netscape, anyone ever think of that?

If its gets a more refined clean look i'd use it, i hate how FF screws with my systems

Maybe the final version will use Firefox 1.0. *shrug*

I hope someone ports the skin to Firefox, then I can just use Firefox :p

I actually think the skin is pretty good.

To everyone that biatches about the flaws in a prototype browser:

Do you also walk up to babies and say, "Look at you. You'll never amount to anything! You're so small! You can't talk, can't grasp objects, and you don't even have teeth! You suck as a human being!"??

To everyone that biatches about the flaws in a prototype browser:

Do you also walk up to babies and say, "Look at you.  You'll never amount to anything!  You're so small!  You can't talk, can't grasp objects, and you don't even have teeth!  You suck as a human being!"??

585016261[/snapback]

Haha, rofl =)

hey but this means that it uses both engines,hell this is a good move though,i can go to sites that i could never go with firefox

this is good,this is good :woot:

yeah as to 10.88mb i think its because it has all the plug-ins to "IE" ise it with activex; and so forth. i think flash + shockwave come with it as well as a load of extentions.

From the FAQ: "The prototype is based on v.94; however the general release will be v1.0."

The prototype isn't too bad.. the 'display as IE' feature is pretty neat. Too bad they went the skinned route instead of making a theme.

Netscape's new browser skin is called Aluminum... :p

And it's 10mb+ cuz it includes the flash and shockwave plugings that are used in most of the browser UI.

So far the UI personalization looks a lot like Mac OS to me, but that fine tuned as the one on Mac OS... :p

Let's see how this ends for Netscape. :rolleyes: :shifty: