I had to think about it for a bit but that is in fact a different statistic than subscribers. I haven't heard anything about subscribers increasing, only decreasing from 12 million back in 2010.

Of course actually looking at the infographic will tell you that but it's worth reminding.

honestly i do miss playing Wow but i wouldn't play it enough to justify the cost, that is why i stopped playing about 2 years ago.

honestly i do miss playing Wow but i wouldn't play it enough to justify the cost, that is why i stopped playing about 2 years ago.

I feel the same, I quit like two years ago, but kept a subscription for almost a year after and rarely played.  Cancelled it back in October, and have been tempted to go on, but then I go on and read the forums and read the changes they are making and feel better about my decision not to go back.

I will likely buy the next xpac, but will have to see.  I have plenty more games I could play instead of WoW.

I feel the same, I quit like two years ago, but kept a subscription for almost a year after and rarely played.  Cancelled it back in October, and have been tempted to go on, but then I go on and read the forums and read the changes they are making and feel better about my decision not to go back.

I will likely buy the next xpac, but will have to see.  I have plenty more games I could play instead of WoW.

This, except I went back a month ago and found it to be the most socially devoid mmo ever. What happened? No one talks in groups and everyone is an elitist!

I'm enjoying playing it more than ever, mainly because i'm actually at a stage i can play it properly.. i do miss the community spirit though, everything is a rush LFR and dungeon finder it's over on seconds, people try talking and get no response... on the other foot it is boring doing the same content over and over but needs doing if you want Valor. I'm in a good guild but they don't raid often and finding a raid outside of guild is a nightmare everyone wants top ilvl with achievements, for one reason only: to zip through it as quick as possible for the loot or whatever, if you're don't have the ilvl, don't even expect a response.

I'm enjoying playing it more than ever, mainly because i'm actually at a stage i can play it properly.. i do miss the community spirit though, everything is a rush LFR and dungeon finder it's over on seconds, people try talking and get no response... on the other foot it is boring doing the same content over and over but needs doing if you want Valor. I'm in a good guild but they don't raid often and finding a raid outside of guild is a nightmare everyone wants top ilvl with achievements, for one reason only: to zip through it as quick as possible for the loot or whatever, if you're don't have the ilvl, don't even expect a response.

This is one of the things that killed it for me.  I miss when instances took a solid 30 mins, and everyone had to do their part.  If someone was afk it sucked but you needed a full group.  I was playing a monk I wanted to do tanking with (had always healed with a disc priest) and was doing pulls that the healer could barely keep up with (had to pop self heals/pots to stay alive), yet I got kicked because I was going too slow.

No one is actually playing the game anymore.. you can pretty much tank and spank everything now.. no need for working together and knowledge of the fights.

Is there a Neowin guild? I have a lvl 31 pally that I haven't played since 2012 but I have been thinking of getting back into the game - I've always wanted to hit cap but would like to have a multiplayer experience doing it. I do want to try out the new expansion as well when it comes out. So, in short, if any of you are in a guild and don't mind taking in a newbie, I'd appreciate it :) 

I'm currently on Blackrock but could change realms if needed.

Is there a Neowin guild? I have a lvl 31 pally that I haven't played since 2012 but I have been thinking of getting back into the game - I've always wanted to hit cap but would like to have a multiplayer experience doing it. I do want to try out the new expansion as well when it comes out. So, in short, if any of you are in a guild and don't mind taking in a newbie, I'd appreciate it :)

I'm currently on Blackrock but could change realms if needed.

I would love to see a Neowin raiding guild and would happily pay to move server to be with other members.. i don't think many Neowin members are playing it these days though. 

^ Not many people are for some of those reasons. It's been declining for the better half of a decade and even still many will deny it's actually a problem. Many people are just done with WoW and in some cases, Blizzard since SC is having it's own issues.

If there was enough people to make an actual guild, even if it was enough for 5's or 10s.. I'd consider playing again.  But I want to play with people who aren't full on retard.

If there was enough people to make an actual guild, even if it was enough for 5's or 10s.. I'd consider playing again.  But I want to play with people who aren't full on retard.

Thats me out :(

That makes me lol.  Getting to 90 can be done so quickly it's not even funny.  Having played back when it was actually a grind, the number of people at 90 now who did dungeons or had a high level help them with everything is laughable.   Very very few people have the skills at cap than people did back in the day.  Back when I started, being with a bad player was quite rare.  Now adays, being in a group full of scrubs who think they are playing a class other than their own is way too common, and ruins the experience. 

Hell, even just general play is a million times easier.  I remember back in heroics when tanks were killed in 2 hits, and the most you could take on was 1 mob, and the dps had to CC the others (Sheep, Sap, Freeze, etc).   The tank needed to pull very carefully, and thought had to be placed.  Now it's a run in and let the healer spam their heal, mana means **** now as everyone is capped at a ridiculous amount. On my Disc Priest I did 85-90 without a single mana break.

The game is a joke now if you want to actually play with good players.  Pushing everyone up to 90 is just going to make things worse.   I've leveled many toons up, and it's not difficult at all, I can do 10+ levels in a single sitting just focusing on quests, and dungeons.  

I liked WoW more when CC had to be considered more.  Now CC spells seem to be for PvP only.  PvE is all about AoE, and has been for since WotLK.

I liked WoW more when CC had to be considered more.  Now CC spells seem to be for PvP only.  PvE is all about AoE, and has been for since WotLK.

I liked WoW when it was 40 man raids and 6000 hp was considered to be a lot.

Everyone with their rose colored glasses.  

The game has evolved.  It is a better, more polished game than it ever has been.  

Vanilla/BC was when each class had one viable spec and itemization was horrible.  It was fun then, it would be awful now.

I miss the old wow. I don't miss MoP at all. I think the game was playable up to Raid Finder. But to me RF totally killed the purpose of the game. I stopped seriously playing after Fireland and wont play the game anymore. I bought Mop and levelled 4 toons to 90 to try it but closed my account really quickly after reaching level 90 with those toons.

People gear themself in RF. Everyone is running around with good gear but 90% of them are terribad.

Calling RF gear good gear is completely wrong.

No it's totally right.

In DS the raid finder gear was actually better than Fireland heroic gear for lot of specs. It was so frustrating. We were fully geared Fireland Heroic (minus rag heroic gear of course). In 2 or 3 weeks terribad players were as geared as us just doing DS raid finder.

I actually had to do DS RF with my hunter because i had upgrade from my Fireland heroic gear in DS raid finder. But luckly we disbanded before i had to do this boring RF to upgrade my heroic gear.