• School
    • Instant Messangers
    • Chat Rooms
    • Neowin
    • Typing Software
    • I Type With 2 Fingers...
    • I Don't Now How To Type Properly
    • Other: _________

Oh man this takes me back to the grand ol days of a little game machine called the Dreamcast

When times where simple but good.. and when the Boston red sox's well, still sucked...

The Dreamcast brought a delightful game called Quake 3 Arena to my reach, as i could not afford a video card or a computer good enough to play the Pc version. I was amazed at the pretty colors of red, redish and reder as they flew across my screen i got satisfaction that i had completely blown someone into pieces. But when i wanted to tell someone about how cool it was that i had railed them in the ass, i simply couldn't. So i went out to buy the keyboard and mouse for the Dreamcast and i got typing and it was cool how i could do all that. But thats when i truely saw that my typing speed had improved, Because you had to type fast if you didn't want getting fraged!!

(sure before then i had gotten a pretty good amount of practice from my computer and at the school. But i developed speed and the use of eight of my fingers as i find the pinky not to be all that needed in my typing life.)

I was taught by a one armed lady to type. She had a special keyboard for her to use. She was really bitter towards people with two arms. That makes most of us, which made her a real pain.

dunno my dad says i used to sit on his lap when i was about 10 months old banging on the keyboard :p as far as i can remember he was teaching me how to use dos when i was around 5 or 6 so i guess i've been learning since then... i just tested myself and i got 58 words per minute. i guess thats ok :s

Dad showed me where the home keys were and from there I just made up everything else....this was back in elementary school. From there I tried to type most of my papers and got pretty familiar with the keyboard. Gained my speed through IM.

I said instant messengers, they were really what made me type fast but I'd been typing before them.

I dont know if you could call it "learned" either, I know I don't type properly but I do use most of my fingers.. should probably learn how to use the rest of them properly too :pinch:

I had a half year typing class in middle school and it really helped to improve my typing. Playing games also help; trying to type fast so you dont crash your plane (battlefield 1942)

• 3 months later...
Parents! At least, my dad; and then bam, I go at 130 wpm now :p

585676647[/snapback]

Man, the last post in this thread was on christmas 2004 :blink:

at home on msn and also just typing random paragraphs about myself to get faster at typing as i only started to have a decent pc and go on msn and what not about a year and half ago, before that i had a p2 450mhz and didnt have msn just used to play really rubbish games LOL :wacko:

money does alot for you :yes: :devil: