• School
    • Instant Messangers
    • Chat Rooms
    • Neowin
    • Typing Software
    • I Type With 2 Fingers...
    • I Don't Now How To Type Properly
    • Other: _________

dunno, prolly bout a time when I used to play some helicopter game on commodor 64, but started typing seriously around 95 :p then I guess my typing skills improved thanks to mIRC :) gotta love that little program :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I use to be the fastest 2 finger typer this side of the mississippi, then one day I was in the computer lab... and i put all my fingers on the keyboard where they are spose to be and I haven't looked back.

I use to be the fastest 2 finger typer this side of the mississippi, then one day I was in the computer lab... and i put all my fingers on the keyboard where they are spose to be and I haven't looked back.

585889529[/snapback]

I hope you're talking about the west side of the Mississippi, or else I would have taken you to school with my two-finger 0wnage :laugh: This one time, I was typing so fast, the letter printed on the key melted off the keyboard and onto my finger. Boy, that was a pain to get off, too.

my teacher had us put sheets of cloth over the keyboard when we typed so we would memorize where the keys are. It work REALLY well.

585889542[/snapback]

thats a great way to learn. i ytuagj mysekf jow to ty[e { i taught myself how to type :p }. im ok when it come to typing without looking but i will try the cloth and tell others also, i gave my lil cousin a typing program to learn she only in 3rd grade but soon kids will be learning that young :p

I was 4, and my grandpa had just brought in his Apple IIGS (or something to that extent, it's still up and running right here at home!) from his office, and I'd just play around an mspaint-like application, which incidentally had a text tool. I never learned how to type "properly", that is, with fingers where they are supposed to be. I've tried to do it like that, but I've failed miserably. I use 8-9 fingers most of the time and I hit about 100wpm when I want to, so it's all good. :)

If, in your poll, the 'Others' option is the highest, then you know you've messed up your poll.

Where is the 'learned it naturally' option? Started using a computer in Windows 3.1, and it came naturally from there.

Other: Playing DOS games at home :D

MY brother got our first pc when I was like 10 I think. All day I'd be doing CD <directory> enter cd... cd... that's all I knew. going in and out of directories. Then I had this text-to-speech dos software where I'd type anything and you'd hear the person say gibberish. I had fun typing crap like "AEGHAIEHEIGGEG" and hear him choke :wacko:

I tried to learn how to type with proper fingering in school, but it's just too difficult for me. I use my own "hybrid" style of typing which involves high usage of my index fingers, and I can type fairly fast, maybe 80 or 90 WPM. My friend is also the same in that she uses her own style of typing, and can type upwards of I think it was 130 or 140 WPM? Crazy stuff... broke her school record I think...

ICQ back in the day and a keyboarding course at school.

I can type without looking and all but if you ask me which key is which on a standard keyboard I'll be completely clueless. :p