• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Now that you've seen it: Are you gettin a Mac Mini

You gettin one?  

438 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dreamsINdigital    0

Is it possible to hook up 5.1 surround sound speakers to the Mac Mini? It doesn't look like there are any plugs for it. Also, are there built in speakers in the box?

T-Grey    0

I must say, I've been waiting for a way to get a mac that can run final cut and motion w/o having to spend my savings, and this is it.

I don't really care what it looks like or how it performs, but I know I'll be able to run the software I need on it, and it's affordable. congrats apple for getting my business.

KoL    36

Yes :)

KeR    82

I am undecided, I got a G5 iMac 2months ago but now I am tempted to get the mini just for the heck of it.

giga    45

^ Ill buy a mini for ya and we can trade! :p

Rudy    457

wont buy one, if i would buy one, i'd get something more powerful, i mean 1.2ghz sux...

KeR    82
wont buy one, if i would buy one, i'd get something more powerful, i mean 1.2ghz sux...

585277396[/snapback]

1.2GHz in the Mac world does not suck! You can't compare a Pentium to a G4/G5 when it comes to MHz

InternalStorm    0

Who would want one.... I mean, overpriced, made by one small company, non upgradable, and waht would be the point if it has some crappy 32MB graphics in it? Rather just get a cheap PC.

anthony    0
Who would want one.... I mean, overpriced, made by one small company, non upgradable, and waht would be the point if it has some crappy 32MB  graphics in it? Rather just get a cheap PC.

585277495[/snapback]

Nice Statement except,

a.) It's definitely not overpriced

b.) Apple is not a small company

c.) It's not meant to be a Gaming machine, hell, I haven't seen a sub-500 dollar gaming PC ever. If anything I praise Apple for using AGP graphics, it's much better than some pathetic attempt by Intel with their "extreme" graphics architecture.

Slipdisc210    0

i not really sure. Even after I have looked at it, and read all the press, I still have not made up imind.

As soon as the hoopla dies down. I will see if I can work one into ibudget.

I will still need to get an imonitor and a ikeyboard and a imouse.

I will probably start to feel like i'm part of the apple family.

If it works out long term I will get the igirlfriend a new icomputer too.

In case you dont already know, the new imini comes with:

In the Box

- Mac !mini

- Mac OS X, iLife ?05 and more

- iDVI to iVGA adapter

- iPower cable

- iElectronic documentation.

So, "i" don't know. But me does. Yes

Lexcyn    88

As soon as I happen to stumble upon this much money, yes, I will get one. :yes: I've always wanted a MAC, and this is my chance. :p

urizen    0

Hell yeah, I'll be getting one! :)

That's one of the sexiest computers I've ever seen. And it's really inexpensive considering it's a Mac.

I've been a hardcore PC user for 10+ years (and at the time considered Macs inferior) but since I've bought my first Mac a few months ago I just don't feel like using my PC anymore.

Joseph B    37

Yes. Probably just keep siding off $50 every 3 weeks from my paycheck, untill I have the amount.

dj6ross    1

I won't be but my dad will. He's so ****ed at his Dell that he bought last year. It's a 2400 or whatever the $500 one is.

I always hear him say things like I'm getting a Mac.

I told him about this one and he should get it. It would keep all my little bros. off because they wouldn't be able to install any of their "games" lol.

MEMO.INC    0

Yes I am, I have allways wanted a Mac, I will get one of those when they start selling them with tiger.. I hope It's soon :p but If I have waited all these years I can wait a little longer.

TheNay    1

Nope, not gonna get it. I would want better machine than that if I was buying a Mac.

40GB HD. haha. What is this 1995?

80GB HD, meh.. thats so 1999.

I think the HD's should be bigger atleast.

ambiance    67

Currently I couldn't justify grabbing a g5 as for its lack of games although it is still an amazing machine. I will definitely be grabbing one of these to learn the OS and appreciate the beauty of its GUI that is lightyears ahead of Microsoftsf.

BTallack    0

I already found a buyer for my G4 Quicksilver Tower and will be picking up a 1.42GHz model on Payday. :)

audioscheine    0

i've always wanted a mac, now i can afford one :D :D

im seriously thinking about saving up for one

blackice912    0

wahaha, next day shipping!

post-23120-1105507482_thumb.jpg

jerry    0
Nope, not gonna get it.  I would want better machine than that if I was buying a Mac.

40GB HD. haha. What is this 1995? 

80GB HD, meh.. thats so 1999.

I think the HD's should be bigger atleast.

585277610[/snapback]

Looks at Dell, HP & others ... they have 40GB HDDs in their starting PCs too. So Apple's spec is on par with other manufacturers. You wont buy it even if it was 160GB, quit whining. :whistle:

wahaha, next day shipping!

585277796[/snapback]

Sweet ! I'm getting one after I get rid of my Xbox.

jkinzer    0

All I have to say is: <insert anti-mac trolling comment here>

Hmmm... Macintosh Customization & Support forum... never been here before... :unsure:

The Grasshopper    0

:no: not for me. nothing new to see here. move along. shiny metal buttons...WOW :blink:

Billthy    3

i am very tempted to get one but i dont have a really good monitor and the stuff i added to it almost adds up to an imac so i think ill save some more and sell some stuff to get a imac

mikenguyen    0
I already found a buyer for my G4 Quicksilver Tower and will be picking up a 1.42GHz model on Payday. :)

585277765[/snapback]

Same here. Going to sell my G4 Quicksilver and get a 1.42GHz model with 512mb ram. I can't wait :woot: