Official Superbowl XXXIX Discussion

Who do you think will win the super bowl this year?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the super bowl this year?

• New England
    • Philadelphia

Comments?

(This is the Official Neowin Superbowl thread. Vote in the poll, discuss key matchups, the bs spread during media day. Anything....

Have fun. and GO EAGLES)

Edited by Toxikk

Dynasty Baby!

585346553[/snapback]

Please. Hardly a dynasty when you have a rookie quarterback choke in the first half that otherwise would have tore you up like he did in the first meet.

I'll be rooting for the Eagles, although I think the Pats will win.

New England. If I had to bet I'd put my money on the Pats because they've been there and won it before. The Eagles are also an unpredictable, and sometimes, unreliable team. Make no mistake, though, I want Philadelphia to win. Coming into the playoffs I said I'd be happy as long as the Steelers didn't win the Super Bowl and with that now guaranteed I'm pretty satisfied.

I like both teams a lot (but my favorite is the Giants, so I can never really count on my fav in the playoffs or anything...), but I think the Pats will take it. Still, I wouldn't count the Eagles out of it or anything...

even if owens comes back, the pats, will be too much for the eagles to handle. it will be a good game, but the pats will find a way to win. congrats to the eagles for finally getting in the super bowl.

word up yo

Tom Brady a good ol Michigan fella is gonna rip the Eagles a new @$$

585346550[/snapback]

go blue!!

too bad ty law hasn't been playing...they could use him on D.

i don't think any arses will be torn, it will be a close game. but brady is just THE MAN when it comes to winning big games. it'd be silly to go against him.

Patriots will win, no question about it. I doubt it'll even be a close game. I'd be expecting the Patriots to win by 2 touchdowns. The only hope the Eagles have is that the team all gets food poisoning or something so they can't play. Steelers could have taken the Eagles with little problems, let alone New England.

Patriots will win, no question about it.  I doubt it'll even be a close game.  I'd be expecting the Patriots to win by 2 touchdowns.  The only hope the Eagles have is that the team all gets food poisoning or something so they can't play. Steelers could have taken the Eagles with little problems, let alone New England.

585347504[/snapback]

yeah, the steelers could of taken them both, but they overplayed rothlisberger and wore the poor guy out over the past 17 games that he played... I don't think he was use to the attention and playing such high profile games at the level he did and it just took its toll on him over time... after his 11th win his stats slowly started to go down like he was starting to get tired.

Please. Hardly a dynasty when you have a rookie quarterback choke in the first half that otherwise would have tore you up like he did in the first meet.

585346576[/snapback]

:laugh: Oh man, thanks for the morning laugh. erm....46-26. I'd say NE tore apart Pittsburgh....lol! Roethlisberger didn't tear anyone up all year. Pittsburgh got exposed for what they were. A mediocre team that had a medocre QB that didn't make mistakes, with a darn good Defense.

Remember Baltimore anyone?

Anywhoo....Pats will win.

Obviously the Steelers couldn't have taken both the Eagles and Patriots or they would have beat the Patriots. The Patriots are a much more balanced team then the Steelers, the Patriots have both a passing and running game and an undefeated QB in the playoffs. The Steelers had a rookie quaterback who was put in the right place at the right time. If it wasn't for the rushing game and the Steelers would had relied on Big Ben then they would have lost more games. He barely squeaked by the Jets, but the Patriots showed that he was a rookie. The Eagles never showed up for the matchup during the season and it was an eye opener. Changes were made to the defense and I think the Eagles would have prevailed a second time around.

Since I have been an Eagles' fan since I was born and will be for life, this is the year they win. If the Red Socks won against all odds then the Eagles sure as hell can win.

It's our year, the Eagles will win this game.

It'll be a grid it out defensive game, that is to the Eagles advantage. If Owens plays and the D shows up like they did yesterday it will be Destiny over Dynasty and it won't be close.

And I forgot to say if the bottom of the ladder Dolphins beat the Patriots on a Monday night football game it shows the Patriots can be beaten and there is hope for the Eagles.

Philly's O-line completely dominated the Falcons. I think that was the #1 reason for their win. McNabb had all fricking day to throw the ball. That and for some reason the Falcons completely abandoned what got us their in the first place - the running game. Only 26 carries the entire game is pretty ****ty from the #1 rushing team in the league. I will have to pull for the Eagles now. Got to have some for of redemption by knowing that the team that bumped us out ended up winning the Super bowl.

Philly's O-line completely dominated the Falcons.  I think that was the #1 reason for their win.  McNabb had all fricking day to throw the ball.  That and for some reason the Falcons completely abandoned what got us their in the first place - the running game.  Only 26 carries the entire game is pretty ****ty from the #1 rushing team in the league.  I will have to pull for the Eagles now.  Got to have some for of redemption by knowing that the team that bumped us out ended up winning the Super bowl.

585348801[/snapback]

well said. vick kept trying to make something happen with his arms, with little screen plays, and it just wasnt happening. we never established the run, and philly never looked back. quarterbacks can only dream of having the kind of time mcnabb had in the pocket yesterday, absolutely pathetic. overall we had a great season though, no one even expected us to get that far. the great thing about sports, theres always next year (unless youre talking about hockey.)

After sleeping on it, i've also decided i'm going to pull for the eagles. as much as i dont like their fans, andy reid is a deserving coach, mcnabb a deserving quarterback, i'd be able to say we lost to the champs, and tom brady deserves to suffer after that god awful Sirius commercial with John Madden.

that win for the pats not only put belichick at 9-1 in the playoffs, brady at 8-0 in the playoffs, but here's my favorite:

when belichick faces the same qb twice in one year he is 8-6 in the first game, and 14-0 in the second game. that right there shows how great of a coach he is.

the mnf game was an anomoly. they only lost cuz brady made mistakes. the eagles won't be counting on that to happen in the SB.

brady has the best interception ratio in the history of the playoffs.

After sleeping on it, i've also decided i'm going to pull for the eagles. as much as i dont like their fans,

585348876[/snapback]

And don't think we don't relish the fact that everyone hates us.

Eagles fans are the best fans in the NFL, period.

I probably won't watch the SuperBowl. There aren't any good teams playing. But go Patriots if I do want one to team to win, even though they beat my Steelers.

It pains me to say it but the Pats are going to take it. NE has a complete team. With this years acquisition of Dillon the Pats now have quite a potent offense to fit their very strong D. The only good thing I can see coming from this game is that Brady shouldn't be the MVP. If it were up to me it'd go to Bruschi as he's been amazing in the playoffs.

Definitely the Pats. they way they put it to the Steeler Defense. Which is best in the league. and that they still made over 30 points. I belive Philly doens really have a chance.