Official Superbowl XXXIX Discussion

Who do you think will win the super bowl this year?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the super bowl this year?

• New England
    • Philadelphia

It's scary how the Pats won and are winning all these games without their top 3 defenders. I just can't see how much better they can get. Dyansty will start two Sunday's from now.

Yeah, well the Eagles have won without Correll Buckhalter, Terrell Owens, Shawn Andrews, Jon Ritchie, and a handful of others... plus Chad Lewis will be out of this game. Injuries are part of the game.

I think the Eagles are hungrier more than ever. And as someone else said, Eagles fans are the best in the NFL. That's why people hate them.

Eagles will pull it off... the Pats are a solid team but I think the Eagles have just enough to pull this one off. Defensively, they're a lot like Miami but even better and Miami's D gave the Pats fits. The key is pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. The defense will carry them and the offense will create mismatches with Westbrook.

The Eagles are undefeated when Westbrook has over 100 total yards.

Pats ... not even a question. This year they won't win on a field goal either, they'll win by at least a touchdown.

They play as a team, they make the right plays, they've been working the clock like nobody's business

And don't think we don't relish the fact that everyone hates us.

Eagles fans are the best fans in the NFL, period.

585349165[/snapback]

ok ill give you guys credit, you support your team, and you support them well. but, after reading countless horror stories of verbal and physical abuse from fans of eagles opposition who went to games in philly, i lose a lot of respect for eagles fans. It's one thing to tease an opposing fans, give them a hard time and all, but its still a game. No fan of any team should ever have to fear for their personal safety when going to a game, at any venue.

The Eagles are undefeated when Westbrook has over 100 total yards.

585350681[/snapback]

Andy Reid is also 9-0 coming off bye weeks. :shifty:

Dynasties are meant to be toppled!

both teams have had momentum all year... but that pats loss to the dolphins hurt. if the dolphins can beat them, ANYONE can beat them.

the eagles are riding one of the best entries into the playoffs they have had in a long time. maybe since 83... when they lost to los angeles in the sb.

the scary thing about the pats is that they completely change their gameplan depending on what team they are playing. however, phila is a different team without TO. we know that. with TO back... its a whole different ballgame. their defensive backfield is strong (even their backups), but against TO, big-time wrestling belt wearing Freddy Mitchell, and a pumped up Chad Lewis... they will get passed allover. their bigtime playmakers arent there... they are on the sidelines. at least, thats where they have been the past few weeks.

they smothered burress and ward... but remember, DMC is no rookie QB. he has the ability to run if he needs to. NE has not played against a good rushing QB since... hell, they havent this season... he is playing unlike he has before. i dont see him throwing 3 easy pickles like ben did. he has a much stronger O line... TO coming back will only boost their momentum and spirits.

double TO they will find mitchell. surely, TO will be able to go over anyone if they 1:1 him. and the way westbrook has been stepping up... man. its gonna be tough to set a defensive gameplan to stop that. for any team...

the pats are a "complete" team, but they lack serious depth, especially on D. if you go and say that their depleted DB corps can handle the depth of the offense phila has, i would have to go against it.

TO, pinkston, mitchell, lewis, chad lewis, lj smith, westbrook, mahe, etc... surely one of them will be open for a few big plays. and at this point in the season, phila has a stronger d. they stopped vick, daunte, moss, etc. i think they can stop brady and dillion.

i really think Phila will bring home the Vince.

regardless, it is shaping up to be one of the best superbowls in recent years. truely the best teams from each conference... lets have some FUN!!11

btw neufuse - didnt mean to hijack your thread... i was gonna make the official thread out of the first superbowl related post i saw. yours was the one. :D

And as someone else said, Eagles fans are the best in the NFL.  That's why people hate them.

585350681[/snapback]

No, People hate them because a good majority of Eagle fans are jackasses. Present company plesantly excluded, however. I've never seen anyone else's fans cheer when a player on the other team gets injured.

No, People hate them because a good majority of Eagle fans are jackasses.  Present company plesantly excluded, however.  I've never seen anyone else's fans cheer when a player on the other team gets injured.

585351739[/snapback]

thats not eagles fans... thats philly period... the "city of brotherly love" :p

Pitt has 2 pro bowlers on their o-line, Tox.  ;)

585351759[/snapback]

didnt seem like it. oh, just saw the article about chad lewis too. damn, that sucks. i still like lj smith though. esp the tatts.

I probably won't watch the SuperBowl.  There aren't any good teams playing.  But go Patriots if I do want one to team to win, even though they beat my Steelers.

585349231[/snapback]

There aren't any good teams playing. ......... are you serious????? They are the 2 best teams in the nfl

the pats didnt beat your steelers, they tore them a new a$$hole.

lets go PATS!!!

oh, just saw the article about chad lewis too. damn, that sucks. i still like lj smith though. esp the tatts.

585351787[/snapback]

Foot injury. Must not have injured it on the one foot on that touchdown catch where he never actually touched the ground. :whistle:

Foot injury.  Must not have injured it on the one foot on that touchdown catch where he never actually touched the ground.  :whistle:

585352204[/snapback]

hey buster... i have tivo... and he DID get that toe in. it kicked up a bit of grass when it touched. i watched it maybe 20 times while i was being my own ref. it was in. it was a good call. it was one HELL of a catch too. you think Tony Gonzalez coulda made that catch?

that is what you call presence.

Are you saying that most people who live in Philly are jackasses?

585352238[/snapback]

no. i am saying that they have very very very passionate sports fans. they do not like to see their teams lose.

avada is from that area... i cant hate on it. i got nothing but philly love. especially once they bring home that title.

if i meant they were jackasses, i woulda straight up said they were. :D

no. i am saying that they have very very very passionate sports fans. they do not like to see their teams lose.

avada is from that area... i cant hate on it. i got nothing but philly love. especially once they bring home that title.

if i meant they were jackasses, i woulda straight up said they were. :D

585352280[/snapback]

Sorry, I misinterpreted your post. I thought you were referring to BOOGSoftball's foolish statement that claims "a good majority of Eagle fans are jackasses."

Anyway, I agree with what you said. I live about an hour away from Philly and I love the city. Philly fans, like myself, are very passionate about their teams and expect wins.

Foot injury.  Must not have injured it on the one foot on that touchdown catch where he never actually touched the ground.  :whistle:

585352204[/snapback]

hey yeah, that toe definitely hit to me. i saw the dirt fly up too...

Sorry, I misinterpreted your post.? I thought you were referring to BOOGSoftball's foolish statement that claims "a good majority of Eagle fans are jackasses."?

Anyway, I agree with what you said.? I live about an hour away from Philly and I love the city.? Philly fans, like myself, are very passionate about their teams and expect wins.

585352378[/snapback]

Easy. I said most. Not all, and I stand by that. Also, I stated 'present company excluded' You Eagle fans here are civil.

hey yeah, that toe definitely hit to me.  i saw the dirt fly up too...

585352396[/snapback]

Meh...talking to Tox about that right this moment. That dirt was from the other foot. Watch it all again, his leg that is in question never moved as if it was altered by anything...the leg, the toe, nothing. You pop up dirt, the foot at least needs to flex a bit. But like Tox, I Tivo'ed it, and over and over and over...the path of the foot and leg don't seem to be altered.

But they counted it cause they couldn't tell for 100% that it was not a TD.

new england won the last superbowl.. they MURDERED in there last game. but i really hope they lose it. but im gonna have to go with them

Meh...talking to Tox about that right this moment.  That dirt was from the other foot.  Watch it all again, his leg that is in question never moved as if it was altered by anything...the leg, the toe, nothing.  You pop up dirt, the foot at least needs to flex a bit.  But like Tox, I Tivo'ed it, and over and over and over...the path of the foot and leg don't seem to be altered.

But they counted it cause they couldn't tell for 100% that it was not a TD.

585352419[/snapback]

can one of you guys send me a clip?

i thought the dirt was from the other foot too at first, but i coulda sworn it came after that foot hit the ground. and even still, it looked like the toe at least touched a blade of grass...