Official Superbowl XXXIX Discussion

Who do you think will win the super bowl this year?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the super bowl this year?

• New England
    • Philadelphia

when is the game ( POST GMT TIME )

Edit :- Though i am in sucky india .. i am gonna watch it live .... go New England ... Tom Brady owz joo.

585422548[/snapback]

23:00GMT (11:00PM)

besides, how many eurpoeans here'll watch it live? :p

585422531[/snapback]

Gonna watch it live if the HDTV feed from Astra is not encrypted.

it was a wild party and even i got out of bed early to watch the sox rolling rally go past my place.  :p go eagles!!

585414415[/snapback]

Oh, I didn't miss it, I was in Fenway ;)

And I'll be back for the Pats parade for the third time.

Here are some interesting stats I read in a story on NFL.com.  The two teams are way to evenly matched:
  • The combination of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and head coach Bill Belichick has never lost a playoff game (8-0).
  • Eagles head coach Andy Reid has never lost a game coming off a bye week (9-0).

• The Eagles have the third-best red-zone offense in the NFL.
  • The Patriots have the third-best red-zone defense in the NFL.

• The Patriots defense had 45 sacks during the season.
  • The Eagles defense had 47 sacks during the season.

• The Eagles had 17 interceptions and their quarterback threw only eight, giving them a plus-9 ratio.
  • The Patriots had 20 interceptions and their quarterback threw only threw 14, giving them a plus-6 ratio.

• The Patriots gave up 16.2 points per game on defense.
  • The Eagles gave up 16.2 points per game on defense.

• The Eagles gave up 13 rushing touchdowns and 16 passing touchdowns.
  • The Patriots gave up nine rushing touchdowns and 18 passing touchdowns.

• Patriots kicker Adam Vinatieri was 12 of 13 on field goals between 40-49 yards.
  • Eagles kicker David Akers was 15 of 18 on field goals between 40-49 yards.

• Eagles running back Brian Westbrook has generated over 100 yards of offense in eight straight wins.
  • Patriots running back Corey Dillon has averaged 122 yards rushing vs. NFC opponents this year (4-0).

• The Eagles are 20-0 when Westbrook gets at least nine carries.
  • The Patriots are 16-1 when Dillon plays in the game.

• The Patriots were 2-1 vs. Baltimore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh this year with a combined score of 89-52.
  • The Eagles were 2-1 vs. Baltimore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh this year with a combined score of 52-68.

Source: Link.

585408153[/snapback]

yeah you forgot 1 thing though. the nfc sucks major ass, which is mostly who philly plays since they are in the nfc.

i think NE will kill philly tonight.

so that means?

is there a time-span of about 20 minutes? :p I kind of need to know, it's carnaval here, and I'm out partying in the city and of course I want to stay as long as possible... :D

Kickoff should be about 20 minutes after the hour...they have player intros, National Anthem, and the coin-toss. Could be even longer than 20 minutes but that's what I'm shooting for.

yeah you forgot 1 thing though. the nfc sucks major ass, which is mostly who philly plays since they are in the nfc.

i think NE will kill philly tonight.

585423301[/snapback]

umm they dont play JUST nfc teams. they do play afc teams as well.

Kickoff should be about 20 minutes after the hour...they have player intros, National Anthem, and the coin-toss. Could be even longer than 20 minutes but that's what I'm shooting for.

585423332[/snapback]

They're scheduled for 6:16 PM... precise aren't they?

Comcast finally got a deal negotiated with our local FOX Station to give us the HD feed... so we're gonna be watching in 720p glory this year :D

They're scheduled for 6:16 PM... precise aren't they?

Comcast finally got a deal negotiated with our local FOX Station to give us the HD feed... so we're gonna be watching in 720p glory this year :D

585423345[/snapback]

When did they negotiate the deal? Around here they are still showing the stupid Comcast VP saying "We worked hard to negotiate with Fox..."

Does this mean every market has it or just specific ones?

why do you think i said mostly?

585423349[/snapback]

i just get tired of people with blanket statements about the nfc being a suck conference. the eagles played some tough d's even if the offenses werent that good. i have heard this all week and i want the pats to lose even if the eagles werent in it because of all the smug fans that are up here saying the same thing as you are, it will be a blowout. i told someone yesterday, new england fans are horrible favorites. ever since the sox they have been insufferable.

i'm gonna say that the New England Eagles will kick Philadelphia Patriots' as$ tonight...

did i confuse you?

where can i view the commercials online? i'm in canada... they don't show the US commercials here...

Just started watching football this year (thank you college) and I'm voting for Patriots. First team I ever liked. But I like the Eagles also. So whoever wins, congrats. Let's hope it's New England.

i'm gonna say that the New England Eagles will kick Philadelphia Patriots' as$ tonight...

did i confuse you?

where can i view the commercials online? i'm in canada... they don't show the US commercials here...

585423393[/snapback]

On the NFL Network, right after the game they'll be showing all the US Commericals. Also if your on Rogers HD Digital Cable you'll be seeing the unedited version of the game with the American Ads.

are there any sites that are hosting the game? i know there are a few links in winamp that are showing it, but they are full.

585425159[/snapback]

Don't you get it on normal TV? Im in the UK and its on ITV live apparently.

Don't you get it on normal TV? Im in the UK and its on ITV live apparently.

585425179[/snapback]

I believe they want a Internet Feed so they can see the unedited version with the American Ads cause up here in Canada Global has replaced the US Commericals with there own ads.

I believe they want a Internet Feed so they can see the unedited version with the American Ads.

585425194[/snapback]

Ma Bad :blush:

Edit:\\ I've just got onto one on winamp, Its not full but its buffering like a bitch :pinch: Maybe cos there streaming to so many users @ 500kb?