• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Official Superbowl XXXIX Discussion

Who do you think will win the super bowl this year?  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sdb815    0

I like the Patriots in this one, although it would be nice to see Philly win.

Toxikk    0
can one of you guys send me a clip?

i thought the dirt was from the other foot too at first, but i coulda sworn it came after that foot hit the ground.  and even still, it looked like the toe at least touched a blade of grass...

585352447[/snapback]

yeah. one painted green, too.

lemme see what i can do. the tivotogo stuff is on lockdown. need to find a good way to convert the file to something you can see. plus... the damn thing is like 5.5 gigs - recording at normal quality. :s

WigglesTheFish    6

i voted for who i would like to win... but my gut tells me that new england will probably win this...

christracy    0

i think his left foot being out of bounds was more of the question than his right foot touching down. dirt did kick up and that would be the right call if that was what they were looking at. but if they were looking for a better shot of his left foot there was not enough evidence.

imtoomuch    0
Easy.  I said most.  Not all, and I stand by that.  Also, I stated 'present company excluded'  You Eagle fans here are civil.

585352408[/snapback]

Well I'd say some Eagles fans, but not most Eagles fans. That's where I disagreed with your statement. The drunks in the stadium that cheer injuries of the opposing team only account for a small percentage of Eagles fans.

Steffan    91
Meh...talking to Tox about that right this moment.  That dirt was from the other foot.  Watch it all again, his leg that is in question never moved as if it was altered by anything...the leg, the toe, nothing.  You pop up dirt, the foot at least needs to flex a bit.  But like Tox, I Tivo'ed it, and over and over and over...the path of the foot and leg don't seem to be altered.

But they counted it cause they couldn't tell for 100% that it was not a TD.

585352419[/snapback]

Maybe its an old injury and he might have hurt it from something else.

Laughing-Man    0
Well I'd say some Eagles fans, but not most Eagles fans.  That's where I disagreed with your statement.  The drunks in the stadium that cheer injuries of the opposing team only account for a small percentage of Eagles fans.

585353859[/snapback]

I am part of that small percentage, woohoo!

The other thing even if TO is not 100% healthy he can be used as a decoy. Even if he is not the intended reciever the Patriots will stick two people on him freeing up someone. And if they decide to single cover him I think he would still be able to punish them. Someone will have to watch what Westbrook and as always they will have to spy on McNabb to make sure he does not run out of the pocket. I wonder who they will matchup against Westbrook because the Vikings and Falcons had alot of trouble covering him. Whoever they stuck against him, it was a mismatch for the entire playoffs. It must be really hard for the other teams to defend against the Ealges offense.

Also there is one thing the Patriots do not have, THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP with teh belt!!!Image-A0C41E2C6DFC11D9.jpg

Edited by jmole

Malisk    142

I'm not an american and into these things, but it just occured to me that next superbowl, after this coming one, will be: SuperBowl XL

Cue jokes about clothing sizes and being XL-ent. :p

lotus22    0

Sorry The Patriots just got it going on. They stopped Peyton Manning and The Colts. They stopped Ben Rothlisberger (even though he wasn't that great in the playoffs). They're gonna stop Mcnabb even with T.O. back.

Laughing-Man    0

Looks like the Eagles have signed back Jeff Thomason to take the place of L.J. Smith who is going to start for Chad Lewis. That is pretty sweet, you get a Super Bowl ring and the paycheck just for playing in one game.

And it is a good sign, every ESPN "expert" on TV is picking for the Patriots to win. They also had picked the Vikings and Falcons to win too when the Eagles were playing them. I love being the underdog. Someone in Boston said this was being mentioned on their sports radio talk show WEEI:

- Brian Westbrook cannot run on the Patriots

- They have three LB that can cover Westbrook one-on-one

- Trotter is a part time fill in and doesn't deserve to go to the Probowl while the Patriots have three LB that are clearly better than Trotter on his best day.

- Andy Reid is so overmatched that there is no way that he, nor JJ, nor Chidress can come up with anything for the game.

- The players are just hoping AR come just come up with a gameplan so that they aren't embarrassed.

- Wilson and Harrison will bait McNabb all day. He will be completely confused.

- Dawkins is overrated and will be baited by Brady all game to come in on coverage so he will get burnt by the deep ball

Ahh poor misguided Boston people.

Edited by jmole

BroChaos    1

lol, thats a hell of deal, even if they don't win.

EmuZombie    139

Has anyone else noticed the SuperBowl wil be Extra Large next year?

SuperBowl XL

:p

:D

christracy    0
Looks like the Eagles have signed back Jeff Thomason to take the place of L.J. Smith who is going to start for Chad Lewis.  That is pretty sweet, you get a Super Bowl ring and the paycheck just for playing in one game.

And it is a good sign, every ESPN "expert" on TV is picking for the Patriots to win.  They also had picked the Vikings and Falcons to win too when the Eagles were playing them.  I love being the underdog.  Someone in Boston said this was being mentioned on their sports radio talk show WEEI:

- Brian Westbrook cannot run on the Patriots

- They have three LB that can cover Westbrook one-on-one

- Trotter is a part time fill in and doesn't deserve to go to the Probowl while the Patriots have three LB that are clearly better than Trotter on his best day.

- Andy Reid is so overmatched that there is no way that he, nor JJ, nor Chidress can come up with anything for the game.

- The players are just hoping AR come just come up with a gameplan so that they aren't embarrassed.

- Wilson and Harrison will bait McNabb all day. He will be completely confused.

- Dawkins is overrated and will be baited by Brady all game to come in on coverage so he will get burnt by the deep ball

Ahh poor misguided Boston people.

585356075[/snapback]

just be glad you dont have to listen to it jmole. i have to hear this **** for the next two weeks. i was the first caller yesterday morning on their morning show talking about the eagles and how they were gonna win just because all night the night before they were saying how horrible they were gonna make the eagles look. like i said.. just be glad you dont live in the lion's den.

Laughing-Man    0
just be glad you dont have to listen to it jmole.  i have to hear this **** for the next two weeks.  i was the first caller yesterday morning on their morning show talking about the eagles and how they were gonna win just because all night the night before they were saying how horrible they were gonna make the eagles look.  like i said.. just be glad you dont live in the lion's den.

585356454[/snapback]

I listen to Philadelphia sports radio on the way to and from work. This is one of the few times the majority of people who call in have not been dissing the opposing team like they normally do every week. With the Falcons last week, the Philadelphia callers were unrelentless about Vick, but this week they are actually saying the Patriots are a worthy team. The only real negative thing I have heard was about the Patriots secondary. I haven't heard any calls about totally dominating the Patriots because every person in the right mind know that is not going to happen. I think the majority of people think it is going to be like a 7-10 point difference in score, but since it is Philadelphia everyone thinks the Eagles are going to come out on top because they want it more. Even the motto on the Eagles' boards is that you have to beat the best to become the best, but the majority is not calling this a dominating game for either team like the Boston fans seem to be doing. I hope that is not their mindset coming into the game because I don't think it is going to happen that way. Edited by jmole

christracy    0
I listen to Philadelphia sports radio on the way to and from work.  This is one of the few times the majority of people who call in have not been dissing the opposing team like they normally do every week.  With the Falcons last week, the Philadelphia callers were unrelentless about Vick, but this week they are actually saying the Patriots are a worthy team.  The only real negative thing I have heard was about the Patriots secondary.  I haven't heard any calls about totally dominating the Patriots because every person in the right mind know that is not going to happen.  I think the majority of people think it is going to be like a 7-10 point difference in score, but since it is Philadelphia everyone thinks the Eagles are going to come out on top because they want it more.  Even the motto on the Eagles' boards is that you have to beat the best to become the best, but the majority is not calling this a dominating game for either team like the Boston fans seem to be doing.  I hope that is not their mindset coming into the game because I don't think it is going to happen that way.

585356573[/snapback]

yeah they are saying its gonna be a 14 point win for the patriots. these people are such fanboys and losing sight of matchups and facts.

Laughing-Man    0
yeah they are saying its gonna be a 14 point win for the patriots. these people are such fanboys and losing sight of matchups and facts.

585356961[/snapback]

Its not just them too, it is also the commentators on ESPN on TV. They have been doing it the entire playoff. They all picked the Eagles to lose both games and lose big time and they are doing it again. You would think after two times they would stop. I remember last week when Sean Salisbury, I think it was him, said that Vick was going to run all over the Eagles' defense. I think that is what ****ed Brian Dawkins off and he started shouting at the end of the game to show some respect for the defense.

Look at their headlines:

Boston Herald

WEEI

I thought Philadephia fans were cocky, but I don't think we go as far to say games are going to be blowouts.

Edited by jmole

BroChaos    1

i'm a pats fan, but i know it shouldn't be a blowout...

honestly i haven't heard too many people calling blowout...

what do you expect from espn though? they think vick is god.

vincent    154

I wanted my Raiders to go :cry: too bad were not a "team"

Then i was hoping the Steelers would make it = :cry:

Now the damn Eagles better tear the "pats" aka

###### and ###### team

a new one

Rell    1

-=SD=-    0

Go Eagles.. I think.. no.. here's hoping to 12 OT's and no winner decided :p

....    0

hehe...I hear ya SD

....    0

Turns out TO's doctor will not medically clear TO to play in the SB. Sucks for the Eagles.

imtoomuch    0
Turns out TO's doctor will not medically clear TO to play in the SB.  Sucks for the Eagles.

585359965[/snapback]

This is a good thing for TO's sake. I wouldn't want to see his career ended by coming back too soon. I'm not sure it's a bad thing for the Eagles, though. They're just "clicking" right now and while having TO would never be a bad thing, it might be a distraction for the team and McNabb might only look for TO. McNabb's done a good job spreading the ball around without TO.

Laughing-Man    0
Turns out TO's doctor will not medically clear TO to play in the SB.  Sucks for the Eagles.

585359965[/snapback]

I was watching one of Philadelphia's nightly news last night and they said it does not matter what T.O.'s surgeon said. The team's doctors are the ones who will make the decision if he plays or not. T.O. wants to play, Andy Reid wants him to play, and the front office wants him to play. They said he will be in full practice the next three days and see how his foot feels after going though it.

Has anyone watched ESPN lately? Can they hype up the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl any more then they are aleady doing? Man I got sick of it after watching for 5 minutes last night. They made it seem like the Eagles were content with winning the NFC and are lucky to be in the Super Bowl. It may be just me, but since the beginning of the playoffs I have really started to hate them.

Edited by jmole

BroChaos    1

thats what the pats had to endure when they won their first superbowl....if you remember, ever expert said pats had no chance of winning their SB in 2001 or whatever it was.