Do you own a gun?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a gun?

• Yes, I've used it too
    • Yes, Yes I do
    • No, but I will someday
    • No, I'm totally against them

No steralise them at birth.

Idiots also kill more ppl from drink driving, do you suggest we ban cars too????? After all drink driving kills more ppl than guns.

Drink driving? :laugh:

How do you drive a drink?

Something from Lithuania... Maybe I would like to have a gun, that would make me feel a lot safer. 20 minutes from my house and you are in the heaven of drugs dealers. I was attacked one time, that was just one year ago, they took my Nokia 6230i, I got to choose cell phone or the knife in my body and it was almost there. And that's just for drugs or money which isn't so big...

Someone wrote that he doesn't know anyone who was burgled or mugged, but I don't know who wasn't... If you want to stay alive, kill first or you will be killed just in few seconds.

kill first or you will be killed just in few seconds.

That brings up something interesting. I've heard that gun owners like to kill people...whiskey tango foxtrot!

I don't think anyone wants to kill anyone, not even military personnel.

That brings up something interesting. I've heard that gun ownerlikeb> to kill people...whiskey tango foxtrot!

I agree with you... I just wish that I will leave this country in few years...

I was in the AF, and am planning on going into the army, most likely to shoot for their 18X option. Combat arms for sure. But that doesn't mean I ever want to have to shoot someone.

I just know if I ever have to, and I can't...it'll be the last thing I ever wish for.

why do people have such a hard time setting up a proper poll?

There needs to be an option between

No, but I will someday

&

No, I'm totally against them

I don't own one, and I never will, and I'm not against them...

Spot on. Even at least add 'other' as a choice.

I don't own one, I never will but I'm NOT against them.

Yeah, okay, I get it.... It's a grammatically incorrect phrase used to describe driving while under the influence of alcohol.

But I would've thought with all of the jokes you posted earlier you may have a sense of humor. My bad....

It was just the image of someone shuffling about town in a martini glass that had me laughing.

.177 and

air rifles.

CO2 or pump?

I hope you say pump 'cause we don't want the environmentalists curtailing your right to own a gun.

Side note: ever notice that "mental" is a part of being an environmentalist? Just wondering....

I was in the AF, and am planning on going into the army, most likely to shoot for their 18X option. Combat arms for sure. But that doesn't mean I ever want to have to shoot someone.

I just know if I ever have to, and I can't...it'll be the last thing I ever wish for.

And maybe the last thing you ever do....

Im definatly FOR guns, I own 8 handguns, 3 shotguns and 5 rifles. Along with various swords and knives. I dont understand why so many people are afraid of guns, doesnt make sense to me.

I wouldn't cite Bowling for Columbine without verifying the validity of Moore's claims, because if all of his points are as erroneous as his Utopian portrayal of Toronto and Canada then I wouldn't put much stock into them. :p

Sometimes Fred i wonder if you live in a nice quiet bubble called plesantville.

Ive had this out with you before. The Majority of gunowners dont break any laws. Thje association you make ****es me off abit.

the point?

As most robberies happen during the daylight when the occupants are at work, guns dont solve the problem

Most people that own a gun have them for recreational purposes and harm nobody.

Yeah, I concur with the Pleasantville comment; some people do live in a bubble or perhaps they believe their willful ignorance is an indication of superiority. I think some opinions on this thread (from both sides of the argument) are using over simplified logic to support their views.

For example if gun owners are limited to people who break the law then may I suggest another far out generalization; I have no need for BitTorrent since I do not pirate software.

Anyway, my answer to the poll is no. However, I'm not necessarily against guns, nor do I wish to own one in the future. I have no problems with responsible people owning guns. How do you deny gun ownership for people who will not use it responsibly? I suppose therein lies the problem with much of technology that is capable of being abused. If I was ever put in a situation where having a gun could have saved someone's life, or if a loved one was killed with a gun maybe my opinions would change. I don't know. There are some solid points for both pro and con.

Blah blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzz.

I own several guns, and regrettably I've killed far too many people with them.

Edit: My 1,000th post was horribly depressing for me.....

I guess I shouldn't give people fuel to the fire. The only reason I killed anyone was because Russia has National Service, and well I ended up being put into the 2nd Guards Tamanskaya Motor Rifle Division, which is a constant readiness division and well as soon as I got there, I end up being reassigned to Chechnya, and well I'd rather save the lives of my countrymen, than die the death of a fool.

Edited by Vexed

And maybe the last thing you ever do....

I'd rather be judged by 12 of my peers then carried by 6 of my friends.

One solution has a possible happy ending, one has only one ending.

Hell Ya i am totally for guns.. My bushmaster M4A3 + plus Tannerite = alot of FUN!!!!! Now u cant say blowing up stuff aint fun... now if u dont know what tannerite is go to youtube and type in tannerite geo fun stuff i tell ya and i love where i live when u can walk into a gun store and walk out 15-20 min later with ur new gun :D

Totally into guns!

Pistols:

45mm -1

9mm -3

22 - 1

Rifles:

Bushmaster Bullpup - 223

Russian Sniper Rifle - 308

12 gauge Breech Shotgun

12 gauge Pump Shotgun

22 rifle

Enough bullets to start the American revolution again!

i love where i live when u can walk into a gun store and walk out 15-20 min later with ur new gun

Same here, but it doesn't even take that long here!