Do you own a gun?

Do you own a gun?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a gun?

• Yes, I've used it too
    • Yes, Yes I do
    • No, but I will someday
    • No, I'm totally against them

You forget that it easier for criminals to get guns in the United States then it is for Law abidding citizens to get them or maybe you just did not know. The reason we have this right is not only for hunting and self protection but aslo as a defense against the government itself.

OH and Sadly Mike Moore Does not know what he is talking

585364195[/snapback]

Micheal Moore didnt say that. Its a quote from one of your elected officials. and its easy to get a gun in canada too. infact 7 million homes in cananda own a gun... the only thing is we dont feel the need to go shoot people... and dont say its because people are poor, and all that crap i live in vancouver, we have so much poverty here. Defense against the goverment it self, wtf, your government isnt out to get you, its to busy killing innocent people in other countries.

That is such a narrow-minded quote that I am not surprised it came from that Buffoon.

Guns are not, nor were they ever, meant to make the world safer. They are meant as a tool to help protect, but not guarantee, your rights and privileges and namely your safety.

No they wernt ment to make the world safer, infact they were ment to kill people, so why do you need to own somthing that was made to kill someone... IMO you dont... and its not narrow-minded... it makes so much sence, people buy guns to feel safe, and guess what, guns dont make you safe!

i'm surprised how many people voted the "No and I'm totally against them" option....i knew it would be a significant amount, but i didnt know that it would be the most voted for...

interesting

585365529[/snapback]

There's an assumption in Toronto that if anyone kept a handgun at home or at the office then they must be a criminal. It was used in the Canadian movie "The Adjuster" as forshadowing that a certain character had ulterior motives.

In Toronto many parents wouldn't let their children play at a friends house if they knew that their parents stored guns in the house. I personally know of no one that owns a gun. It's basically unheard of in the well-to-do areas of the city. Perhaps it's another story for Scarborough or the subburbs.

I'm getting the idea from reading Neowin that I would probably need one if I lived in the States.

There is a joke that it told around here about a family using the Windsor-Detroit bridge. The customs officer says "Do you have anything to declare?" The father says no. "Are you carrying a handgun or any other firearm?" The father says no. "Here then, you'd better take this, you'll need it."

Be against guns all you want, but unfortunatly for you, the US has a right to bare arms. It's in the Constitution, and it's not going anywhere.

If I didn't have this gun, the King of England could just walk in here any time he wants, and start shoving you around.

585365735[/snapback]

Sorry, I had to throw it in there.

There's an assumption in Toronto that if anyone kept a handgun at home or at the office then they must be a criminal.  It was used in the Canadian movie "The Adjuster" as forshadowing that a certain character had ulterior motives.

In Toronto many parents wouldn't let their children play at a friends house if they knew that their parents stored guns in the house.  I personally know of no one that owns a gun.  It's basically unheard of in the well-to-do areas of the city. Perhaps it's another story for Scarborough or the subburbs.

I'm getting the idea from reading Neowin that I would probably need one if I lived in the States.

There is a joke that it told around here about a family using the Windsor-Detroit bridge.  The customs officer says "Do you have anything to declare?"  The father says no. "Are you carrying a handgun or any other firearm?" The father says no. "Here then, you'd better take this, you'll need it."

585365744[/snapback]

in the states because guns do not have to be as concieled means they use it more often. Sadly a lot of individuals started using it for other purpose.

In Toronto many parents wouldn't let their children play at a friends house if they knew that their parents stored guns in the house.

My dad owns a hunting rifle, not like it ever is talked about. It is locked in a metal case 24/7 and always left un-loaded and only taken out of the metal case when he goes hunting. He has the key and as far as i know, i don't even know where he hides the key. As long as the firearm is concealed everything should be O.K. When the gun is in arms reach, that is when problems arise.

and by problems i don't mean some maniac going in the streets. i mean more of kids get curious and play with the gun. i have read some tragic newspaper articles where 12 year old kids were playing with their fathers hunting rifle and it went off. its sad when you hear stuff like that.

Edited by Dale

i don't know why i never hear anyone talk about other way of self defence.... real guns are not the only tools.... in CQC u have taser, peperspay, knifes......or the good old baseball bat! (which i almost had to use on some punk trying to steal my honda symbo from my car!)

for those who say see fireing a real gun is fun... i agree with u 99% but why not try airesoft? safer and alot cheaper. with some ilegal mods and metel BBs a airsoft have some real stopping power without killing someone..even at midrange

and if u really need to kill someone just use an EAG airsoft...full auto metel BBs at 100round/s at around 5j/s that more then enough to kill someone if u aim for their face full auto

i don't know why i never hear anyone talk about other way of self defence.... real guns are not the only tools.... in CQC u have taser, peperspay, knifes......or the good old baseball bat! (which i almost had to use on some punk trying to steal my honda symbo from my car!)

for those who say see fireing a real gun is fun... i agree with u 99% but why not try airesoft? safer and alot cheaper. with some ilegal mods and metel BBs a airsoft have some real stopping power without killing someone..even at midrange

and if u really need to kill someone just use an EAG airsoft...full auto metel BBs at 100round/s at around 5j/s that more then enough to kill someone if u aim for their face full auto

585365818[/snapback]

or instead of illegalling modifying an airsoft gun, you could just legally purchase a real gun....

and airsoft guns are quite different from real guns...it starts to scare me when people interchange them as if they're the same thing. my dad (who has a bunch of real guns) hates airsofting and all that. it's because he hates the idea of running around and shooting at other people (even if they are just toy guns). he much rather be shooting at targets. i dont necessarily agree with him on that, but i see his point

After being defenseless, so to speak, for many years, I was inspired to get 2 of these beauties on recommendation from a police buddy of mine.

sig-p228.jpg

sig-p228-cut.jpg

SigSauer P228.

Both never leave my house, both loaded all the time, saftey on of course.

As im from Canada, i have absolutely no need for a gun, yet i own one anyways. Its just a little .22 rifle, but its light and its accurate, and its fun to shoot crows with.

I dont see the point with allowing regular citizens to own guns. In a society like that everybody gets a gun to feel secure, when in fact the whole society gets more unsecure.

Using guns for hunting animals is an exception. No need to own 5 guns living in a big city in other words.

I am not from the US and I am sure people will disagree with me.

I have a 12 Ga. shotgun, 22-250, .22, 30-06, .410 shotgun. None of my guns has ever been aimed at a human being. I've hunted with them since I was probably 12yrs old. My son's and I have spent countless hours in the woods and mountains with them while they were growing up.

I don't think they or I have spent any time thinking of ever using them on a human being.

I don't see the point having a gun other than for hunting purposes...

585367049[/snapback]

Ontopic, no, never have and never will.

Offtopic - Hey - porpoises are our friends :crazy:

post-80425-1106832727.jpg

I have a BB gun (which is the only type of legal handgun in the uk)

585363010[/snapback]

All guns are legal in the U.K. as long as you own a licence for one.

No, guns are designed to kill and what would I need that for? Also, after the Port Arthur massacre, gun control was tightened significantly. As far as I am aware only farmers and sports shooters are able to possess guns. Quite frankly, that's the way I like it.