Do you own a gun?

Do you own a gun?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a gun?

• Yes, I've used it too
    • Yes, Yes I do
    • No, but I will someday
    • No, I'm totally against them

All guns are legal in the U.K. as long as you own a licence for one.

585367071[/snapback]

Handguns are NOT legal in the UK, not even for sporting purposes. Only the Police, security services and military can legally carry/use a handgun and even then only under strictly controlled circumstances. And technically none of these "own" the handgun, the state does.

I don't own one, but I've shot one PLENTY of times. My parents are like uber protective. They have 4 "handguns" hidden in various parts of my house, were noone can find unless there looking, incase you know what happens.

We are BIG hunters since we do live in the great state of Tennessee. My Step-Dad has about 30 riffels, cba to type all the names out.

Beware before you come to my house, unless you want to be shot.

Yes I do have guns at home. The Second amendment is a beautiful thing.

A 12-gauge Shotgun

A 22 caliber taget rifle

and a .45 caliber pistol

Killing animals and protecting myself against the government are such fun things

585362679[/snapback]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Don't shot me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've got a 12 gauge. My cousin has a ****load of guns though, ranging from AK-47's to shotguns to pistols... he's got a lot! I haven't shot it yet because I've got to get my cousin to clean it since he knows how. (I'm not into guns too much, but I got it for protection, more or less.)

Yeah I do, a 10 and a 12 Gauge shotgun, I don't really use them for killing though.... anybody here ever shot skeet or sporting clays (Y) it is alot of fun.. you can read more here: http://www.mynsca.com/

This is a question for everyone who said "No, I'm totally against them"

Have you ever played a FPS game? If you don't believe in guns do you still play games that involve them? :huh:

I don't own a gun, I never will own a gun.

Since I don't break laws then I don't need one.

I don't know anybody in jail, anybody who's been to jail or anybody that's been arrested.

I have never had my house, my car, my parents house or my parents car ever broken in to.

The only house that I have ever heard of being burglarized was somebody who bragged at the office and their co-worker's teenage son attempted to break in.  He was arrested at the scene.

I have confidence that the cops would arrive within a few minutes of dialing 911 and I don't fear for my own personal protection nor my family's.

585362694[/snapback]

Wow, you really are from Canada :p I think I could agree with every single one of those. (Y)

IMO, if you live in a country that you feel the need

of having a gun to protect (self defence) yourself,

then the problem is there...

585403733[/snapback]

I agree. Any society where you need to have a gun to feel safe isn't much of a society at all.

The fact that most Americas have guns in their homes was a major detering factor for Soviet invasion, according to retired generals. They believed had they invadaded, there would have been way to maintain order.

Also, gun control is actually a very poor way to decrease crime, according to national studies here in the US.

I have my guns for two reasons. 1 I like guns, I like to shot targets, Clay, and Cans. 2 to protect myself and my family. My father had guns and still does in his home. I grew up with guns in my house and I felt safe. I have friends that guns saved there lives, and they didn't even fire it, the sight of a gun can spot a crime from happening. People don't need guns to feel safe, but the cops won't be there when someone is breaking into your home and you have to make a choice, call the cops and wait for them to come so the criminal can hurt your family or are you going to take matter in your hands and stop the crime from going on. All gun Legal gun owners are going to kill someone they use them to protect themselves or for a hobby. About all crimes commented are with guns that are Illegal.

Yep, a few:

Remington 870 Wingmaster SP 12ga.

Marlin .22 Semi rifle

Beretta M9

Sig Sauer P226

Ruger Single-Six .22

Mossberg .410

Walther P99 & PPK/S (.380)

Soon - HK USP .45

I enjoy dove hunting, target shooting, the pistol range and varmint hunting. Currently in training. Applying to law enforcement soon(US Marshal/FBI/Secret Service). Hopefully I can get into one of them...