• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Mac OS X Tiger News?

deepneon    0

Anyone have any new "insiders!" info on the release of Tiger? I'm desperately awaiting it because I get it for a mucho-cheap price. Any info (and "insiders!" screenshots) appreciated.

PureLogic    0

*bump* Go to http://www.apple.com/macosx and watch the Tiger preview. The current Tiger builds look like that. Screenshots are banned by Apple.

Vice    1,593

we cant really give out any "new" information about it :( we did have a topic just for Tiger in the Mac Os X section of Neowin but it was locked after Apple went Sue happy. I would suggest just using Google.

deepneon    0

I absolutely NEED Tiger. It looks so hottt. I feel like an uber mac dork, I've already watched the whole preview, watched the whole conference stream with Steve Jobs, and have been drooling watching my friends use their developer copies of Tiger

Vice    1,593

yes Tiger indeed rules. using it right now :D

PureLogic    0
I absolutely NEED Tiger. It looks so hottt. I feel like an uber mac dork, I've already watched the whole preview, watched the whole conference stream with Steve Jobs, and have been drooling watching my friends use their developer copies of Tiger

585441040[/snapback]

Okay that's nice. I for one can't say I'm that excited, but yeah it has some cool features. But why are you starting this thread if you have friends with developer copies of Tiger? If you watched them you know what's going on... :huh:

deepneon    0

What system are you running it on? I've got a G4 iBook with 768 mb RAM and am hoping it'll run very well.

deepneon    0
Okay that's nice. I for one can't say I'm that excited, but yeah it has some cool features. But why are you starting this thread if you have friends with developer copies of Tiger? If you watched them you know what's going on... :huh:

585441053[/snapback]

Well "developer" copies don't REALLY mean DEVELOPER copies. :cool:

PureLogic    0
Well "developer" copies don't REALLY mean DEVELOPER copies.  :cool:

585441068[/snapback]

So what? They still came from the same place... You actually think that Apple is spreading two types of Tiger versions? Some real developer preview versions and copies for warez sites?

deepneon    0

I'm not saying that. I'm just saying the copies they have are really early builds, and they aren't exactly the best source of REAL info as far as how Tiger is progressing.

PureLogic    0
I'm not saying that. I'm just saying the copies they have are really early builds, and they aren't exactly the best source of REAL info as far as how Tiger is progressing.

585441083[/snapback]

Okay well, in that case look at my first post. The current Tiger builds look exactly like the build used for the Tiger previews on the Apple site and they added a Dictionary program.

And what are you talking about? Playing around with the pre release builds is a great way to get info about how an operating system is progressing.

deepneon    0

Woohoo! Diction!

Vice    1,593
What system are you running it on? I've got a G4 iBook with 768 mb RAM and am hoping it'll run very well.

585441055[/snapback]

800Mhz iBook G4 with 384MB ram. And I run Tiger off my iPod, its very snappy (even for running off my iPod) they have done amazing work with it just like Panther when it came out gives older machines a nice speed boost.

I love Tiger Spotlight just amazes me every time I use it. I cannot wait to purchase it.

Southern Patriot    941

585441055[/snapback]

I ran it on a 400Mhz G3 PowerBook with 640MB of RAM for a while last year. It ran as fast as or faster than Panther on the same hardware. I may load it up on my second hard drive on my G4/600 just to see how it runs there. It should run very nicely on your iBook.

Southern Patriot    941
So what? They still came from the same place... You actually think that Apple is spreading two types of Tiger versions? Some real developer preview versions and copies for warez sites?

585441074[/snapback]

Now THAT would be an interesting idea. The only downside would be the development costs involved, but it sure would throw the warez community for a loop!

patseguin    1,324
And what are you talking about? Playing around with the pre release builds is a great way to get info about how an operating system is progressing.

585441096[/snapback]

It's also illegal if you're not a registered ADC member.

PureLogic    0
Now THAT would be an interesting idea. The only downside would be the development costs involved, but it sure would throw the warez community for a loop!

585441602[/snapback]

Haha yeah. :laugh: I think some movie makers do that, they create one or two fake scrips and leak those.

@patseguin

Oh please :rolleyes:

qinwarrior    0

I thought Tiger is 64 bit OS. Will G4 processor work? I thought only G5, right? :wacko:

PureLogic    0
I thought Tiger is 64 bit OS. Will G4 processor work? I thought only G5, right?  :wacko:

585441625[/snapback]

Nope it will run on G3, G4 and G5 CPUs :)

Vice    1,593

Only the G5 running Macs will utilise the 64-bit part of Tiger G4's and G3's will run it the same it did Panther in 32-bit

PureLogic    0
G4 processors are not 64bit only G5's are. so that basically answers your question.

585441640[/snapback]

So you're saying it won't run on a G4? :huh:

Vice    1,593
So you're saying it won't run on a G4? :huh:

585441651[/snapback]

Refresh I edited my post before your reply which was blank

PureLogic    0
Refresh I edited my post before your reply which was blank

585441666[/snapback]

hehe you scared me for a moment ;)

Vice    1,593

yer lol, when I made the first post I thought he was on about "will the G4's run it in 64-bit" but then I saw your reply and I was like hmm so I read his again and edited mine accordingly.

qinwarrior    0
Only the G5 running Macs will utilise the 64-bit part of Tiger G4's and G3's will run it the same it did Panther in 32-bit

585441640[/snapback]

Thanks for information.