Mac OS X Tiger News?

The last 3 Panther updates have been released in less than three months, which means if they stick to that schedule, we might well see 10.3.9 before Panther, which is scheduled sometime in H1 2005.

Dougal.

Ahh! I can't wait for this OS. Apple is teasing me, releasing 10.3.8 and all... so CLOSE!

585450552[/snapback]

Yeah once they're past 10.3.9 Apple can't release any other updates than 10.4 anymore. Maybe they'll reserve the x.x.9 spot if something really serious comes up. Unless they go the 10.3.9.1 way :laugh:

Yeah once they're past 10.3.9 Apple can't release any other updates than 10.4 anymore. Maybe they'll reserve the x.x.9 spot if something really serious comes up. Unless they go the 10.3.9.1 way :laugh:

585451229[/snapback]

Wrong. The third digit in their version numbers can go above 9 (although it never has before). Therefore, we could see 10.3.10 or 10.3.11, etc.

Wrong.  The third digit in their version numbers can go above 9 (although it never has before).  Therefore, we could see 10.3.10 or 10.3.11, etc.

585451293[/snapback]

lol really? That looks like crap :p

Yea, version numbers don't follow the standard decimal system, so you can go past 9 and on to 10 or 11 and whatnot.

585451626[/snapback]

In that case Apple should go for Mac OS X 10.10.10 :p

Mac OS X certainly has the "X" factor.?:pp

585451760[/snapback]

lol yeah, I think a lot of people will feel a certain need to purchase Mac OS X X X.:pp

Apple does have a problem nothing will sound as catchy as Mac OS "X", Mac OS XI doesn't really have the same effect.

they mite just go the Windows XP route and drop numbers altogether with

Mac OS <InsertAnimalNameHere>

Mac Os Eagle

Mac Os Hawk

so on... (if they go with birds that is?)

585452725[/snapback]

I will shoot those birds out of the sky if they do that. :p

A single number sounds better than those corny names Microsoft uses like eXPerience, Millenium etc.

they mite just go the Windows XP route and drop numbers altogether with

Mac OS <InsertAnimalNameHere>

Mac Os Eagle

Mac Os Hawk

so on... (if they go with birds that is?)

585452725[/snapback]

No, they're going to go with dogs. Mac OS Beagle, Mac OS Chihuahua, and so-forth.

it isn't "mac oh ess ex"

it's "mac oh ess ten"

everyone says ex, but it's wrong. it's ten.

585456583[/snapback]

Even at Keynotes it's called Mac OS X instead of Mac OS 10. They should stick with Roman numbers, looks cool :)

Even at Keynotes it's called Mac OS X instead of Mac OS 10. They should stick with Roman numbers, looks cool :)

585457544[/snapback]

The only roman number that has the 'X' factor is.. well, 'X'. :p Have heard some people called it "OS ess" and they are die hard Apple fans too. I guess everyone understands it anyway.

One thing I love about OS X (I say 10, personally) is the names. Panther, Tiger, Jaguar - all sounds so cool! Not sure about the dog idea ;) Birds of pray would be cool.

One thing I love about OS X (I say 10, personally) is the names. Panther, Tiger, Jaguar - all sounds so cool!

I think I know what you mean...

post-20672-1108220661.jpg

Edited by Koyder