Mac OS X Tiger News?

wow that's awesome! so it means it could be shipping around the time of my b-day! i'll see if i can convince uncle jobs to send me an iMac along with it :ninja:

Well a price hasn't been set but this is the most major upgrade of Mac OS X ever so there is no doubt it will be $129, I'm glad development is slowing down and we won't see yearly upgrades. Its getting to expensive

Sorry if this is off topic, but will our 3rd party applications still work in Tiger? Also, would we be able to transfer our plist's over so we can have our settings? Thanks.

Sorry if this is off topic, but will our 3rd party applications still work in Tiger? Also, would we be able to transfer our plist's over so we can have our settings? Thanks.

585604298[/snapback]

Sorta and yes. Some third-party applications may break because they're using undocumented APIs that can change at any time.

Sorta and yes. Some third-party applications may break because they're using undocumented APIs that can change at any time.

585604497[/snapback]

Best to do archive/install or backup/erase?

Radish?

its best to do a backup of all your stuff format your HDD and install tiger.

Many people had problems after upgrading from Jaguar to Panther so learn the lesson and not upgrade but instead format and install...

I will most likely backup my whole laptop to my desktop format / install then put the things most important to me back.

any place we can preorder?

585604035[/snapback]

When an official date has been announced by Apple, we can pre-order at Apple Stores and Apple Store Online. ;)

Edited by Phillip

Best to do archive/install or backup/erase?

Radish?

585604513[/snapback]

I would do a erase. A lot of Tiger's frameworks are different from Panther's, that way you'll know for sure nothing old is left behind that might compromise Tiger's stabili:). :)

tried amazon.co.uk but it didn't have a pre-order set.

guess it's for the US only atm.

585608169[/snapback]

Why do you want to pre-order, I doubt they'll run out of Tiger DVD's :p

Any seed notes?

585629858[/snapback]

From what I read there were problems with iDisk syncing, JavaScript, some Lexmark printers and I think that is it.

What system are you running it on? I've got a G4 iBook with 768 mb RAM and am hoping it'll run very well.

585441055[/snapback]

it does, or atleast the WWDC build does.

Does anyone know whether Tiger will natively write to NTFS drives?

Radish?

585630350[/snapback]

I think it will, one of the big features of Tiger is the fact that it will play better with Windows.

Looking forward to Tiger and will upgrade in the summer when I also intend to buy an iMac G5 (first revision). Lets hope third party developers are ready from the get go!