Another BitTorrent site goes bye-bye

oddcrap

Im talking to "lowkee" on MSN, he said that the he shut down the site because the judge apparently ordered it to be shut down untill the trial is complete.

If you look were the images are they are at Loki's server:

http://lokitorrent.com/mpaa.gif

This proves that he shut down the site, and not the MPAA.

Vice

All I can say is hahahaha

If you gave him money you are a sucka. To funny.

Hey anyone want to give me some cash? I promise to use it to err fight the MPAA.....

MateoGWJ
Wow... the site gets shut down and people immediately start accusing the guy of stealing the money. Well, that might indeed turn out to be the case, BUT it is too soon to tell and you are all talking out your behinds - no-one knows yet.

585447768[/snapback]

No honor among infringers, huh? :laugh:

Bhav

updated.

mufftorrent on the other hand has a completely different message.

YBG

I didn't donate, I knew they'd be shut down sooner or later.

Dacracka

Seriously, what did you expect.

Valiant
Im talking to "lowkee" on MSN, he said that the he shut down the site because the judge apparently ordered it to be shut down untill the trial is complete.

If you look were the images are they are at Loki's server:

http://lokitorrent.com/mpaa.gif

This proves that he shut down the site, and not the MPAA.

585447778[/snapback]

The judge ordered him to shut the site down and put up text and images that make it look like he got his ass kicked by the mpaa.

Yeah right. :blink:

oddcrap

Well, thepiratebay.com isn't going to get shut down

+dave164

Its happening, what we need now is some british ones :p Cos ISP's cant give out ur information on what u have been downloading so therefore they can shut down as many sites as they want but not be able to get the people whom download the stuf :)

Sites will just keep popping up

MateoGWJ

585447826[/snapback]

Why, jsut cause Mr. Madsen says so? Cross your fingers. :D

Dane
All I can say is hahahaha

If you gave him money you are a sucka. To funny.

Hey anyone want to give me some cash? I promise to use it to err fight the MPAA.....

585447795[/snapback]

HAHA I was just thinking that!

oddcrap
Why, jsut cause Mr. Madsen says so? Cross your fingers.  :D

585447831[/snapback]

No because it's located in Sweeden. :)

mattisking

I'm not going to speak against stopping piracy. I understand it, and to a point I might go as far as saying I aplaud it... I dunno. When I was a few years younger I think I probably had a slightly different opinion on it (read radically different but work in any of these industries for a while and you'll understand).

At any rate, what does **** me off is that torrents, while frequently used for "stealing" I suppose, music sometimes, though usually software and movies, is a method for retrieving data on the internet and it's not always used illegally. The most common way I personally use torrents is for downloading episodes of TV shows I missed. Sure, that's corny, but it's what I do and I'm not stealing from anyone. Sometimes I come home and for some reason the digital cable box reset (turned off) so my Tivo only recorded black, or I forget to set up a recording, or it got moved because of a sporting event or something, or... whatever. Lokki was a very consistent place for me to get my show and watch it and now it's gone too.

If groups like the RIAA and MPAA want to attack websites for this kind of thing I really wish they'd find a way to do it without punishing those that want to use it legally... or at least in a way that's not purposefully illegal.

Blindlabel013

585447826[/snapback]

Dude people like you and everyone talking about bittorrent needs to shut the **** up. Expecially you, oh yeah atleast "insert site address here" is still around. Good job retard, you just obviosly helped them out... The MPAA and the dirty ****tarts sueing.

Elmo

bet the git ran off with all the donations lol

Rix

Won't be missed by me tbh, seeing as that

*cough*snarf-it*cough*

was launched recently :happy:

Samoa

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, STOP BUYING MUSIC. STOP GOING TO MOVIE THEATERS. FIGHT THE MPAA AND RIAA. THEIR TATICS ARE ILLEGAL. FIGHT THEM WITH A BOYCOTT.

Raven_Nights

Screw this s**t :angry:

+forster
SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, STOP BUYING MUSIC. STOP GOING TO MOVIE THEATERS. FIGHT THE MPAA AND RIAA. THEIR TATICS ARE ILLEGAL. FIGHT THEM WITH A BOYCOTT.

585447856[/snapback]

Dont be silly :rolleyes:

Bhav
Dude people like you and everyone talking about bittorrent needs to shut the **** up. Expecially you, oh yeah atleast "insert site address here" is still around. Good job retard, you just obviosly helped them out... The MPAA and the dirty ****tarts sueing.

585447850[/snapback]

i think he says that because piratebay has had loads of threats by loads of companies, but because they're located in sweden they can't be touched.

Rivers

585447850[/snapback]

Indeed.. some noob has just done the same on the actual loki forum.

I couldnt fricking believe it :no: :rolleyes:

entropyx

Public trackers suck. I'm glad Lokitorrent is gone.

MateoGWJ
I'm not going to speak against stopping piracy. I understand it, and to a point I might go as far as saying I aplaud it... I dunno. When I was a few years younger I think I probably had a slightly different opinion on it (read radically different but work in any of these industries for a while and you'll understand).

At any rate, what does **** me off is that torrents, while frequently used for "stealing" I suppose, music sometimes, though usually software and movies, is a method for retrieving data on the internet and it's not always used illegally. The most common way I personally use torrents is for downloading episodes of TV shows I missed. Sure, that's corny, but it's what I do and I'm not stealing from anyone. Sometimes I come home and for some reason the digital cable box reset (turned off) so my Tivo only recorded black, or I forget to set up a recording, or it got moved because of a sporting event or something, or... whatever. Lokki was a very consistent place for me to get my show and watch it and now it's gone too.

If groups like the RIAA and MPAA want to attack websites for this kind of thing I really wish they'd find a way to do it without punishing those that want to use it legally... or at least in a way that's not purposefully illegal.

585447839[/snapback]

They haven't filed an injunction against Bram Cohen from further development of Bittorrent, so there is some recognition that it's not the code, its how the code is used.

There are lots of legitimate uses: downloading linux distros, FilePlanet uses a version of it (as I understand), Legaltorrents.com (great little site, BTW), etc. Anything where large files need to get moved from one point of the ether to another.

But are you sure that TV shows are "fair use"? I can't find anything that supports that.

nvizible
Not really a surprise, they will get to all of them sooner or later. I'm waiting for PirateBay to get threatened to be really worried. :D

585447676[/snapback]

umm piratebay HAS been threatened :p just that they r in sweden, so no probs there :rofl:

and they post the threats + their very funny and humiliating replies on their site :) most amusing if u ask me ;)