Another BitTorrent site goes bye-bye

But the credit card companies may have to give the information out becuase they are bound under certain legla duties to pass over information to another agency that asks for it to tackle fraud or criminal activities!

585449108[/snapback]

But how would they prove that donations would be illegal or fraudulous?

well there paypal account will have all activity in it. im sure MPAA is WELL aware of this, and have already taken it over. What about downloading tho? im sure lokitorrent kept records of all IP address that uploaded torrents. i just thank god i only download (which is a crime itself) and not upload. sucks for all of us tho. i guess christmas is coming earily this year, MPAA letters for all!

But how would they prove that donations would be illegal or fraudulous?

They don't need to prove it they just need to have suspicion that the donations could be used to aid in the illegal transfer of files i.e making donations to keep the site open

please read this post!  do not skip passed, this one is IMPORTANT.

does this means that lowkee sold us ALL OUT!  he gave up logs and all information about DONATORS! and people who signed up and download!  meaning were all in serious ****!  how can somebody do this to US?  why couldn't he just destroy all records of BT users, donators and other information, and call it quits?  the ****** gave us all up!  i wish i could ring his neck right now

source: isohunt.com

585449053[/snapback]

He didn't have any other option he HAD to comply.

this man made a lot more enemies today then one man should make in a life time. he should stay low, if he knows whats good for him.

and the MPAA is once again just spreding FUD that will eventually come back to haunt them.

Oh man that Rated I thing is ****ing cheesy. Good game MPAA, I hope you can show me more commercials from guys that work on the set crying about how much movie piracy hurts them.

lol...

I doubt that the MPAA has the resources or time to sue all the people who ever used LokiTorrent... and the donaters- I doubt they could legally do something to them all, without an uprising in the country. Even if they could, I don't care because I wasn't stupid enough to donate!

Hmm... does it not seem odd that earlier today, after seeing that MPAA message on the main website, I was able to access the forums (http://forums.lokitorrent.com) and now, the forums have that same message?

Why would the MPAA, if it is truly them, take out the forums as well? Something doesn't seem right here...

585448930[/snapback]

Unless the forums is on the same server, it just proves the host just screwed the donators.

^i will read it then rip it up as well... im in canada so i doubt they will even send one.

585449825[/snapback]

I'm in Canada as well... maybe I'll frame it to remind myself why I'm glad I don't live in the United States. :p

^i will read it then rip it up as well... im in canada so i doubt they will even send one.

585449825[/snapback]

Ya but ISP's love sending them out... grr... then they'll take you to court if you get too many warnings. Every time I try to download a movie they send an e-mail. I dunno how they can get so good at tracking everybody down when so many people download movies...

Ya but ISP's love sending them out... grr... then they'll take you to court if you get too many warnings. Every time I try to download a movie they send an e-mail. I dunno how they can get so good at tracking everybody down when so many people download movies...

585449876[/snapback]

I've never gotten a letter from my ISP for anything... do you live in Canada? If you do, it's not illegal to download anything... only upload.

wow 40k! thats insane

Hey if someppl donated 40k to me i would do a runner =D

seriously download sites like loki, supr etc dont last forever, why would you bother donating to keep it alive.. its not like you can hand over 40k to a judge and say here you go we are staying open now..

Ah well.. you will learn :p

I'm in Canada as well... maybe I'll frame it to remind myself why I'm glad I don't live in the United States. :p

585449837[/snapback]

HAHAHHA!! thats a good idea, i think i will do that too :D

I've never gotten a letter from my ISP for anything... do you live in Canada? If you do, it's not illegal to download anything... only upload.

585449894[/snapback]

you do know downloading MOVIES is illegal in Canada right? downloading music isn't. sharing music and sharing movies are both illegal in Canada. chances of you getting caught cause your not an american... Priceless. Foreverything else, theres Canada