Do I Hit On 1 Of My Friends?

I have liked her for a long time now, So it has been playing on my mind for quite a bit, Just that her becomin single has come out of the blue.

We go out regulary as mates on thursday nights to a club, (She always leaves her Boyfriend at home) and when we leave each other on a night, its like we dont wonna, (If u get me) so i think there might be something there.

I do some extreme sports, but this is really scaring / Confusing me

Originally posted by Deckhand

whip out your laptop and say (with a Butthead voice [from beavis and butthead]) "Hey baby, im a 1337 neowin poster, want me to show you how fast i can write a post?"

:)

haha..lmao

and never break up with one girl for another....well i did....backfired like a ***** :s .....now im all alone :disappoin

Well you have to remember that, even though the situations may sound similar, they are all going to be different. There is such a thing as destiny. If you were meant to be together, you will be. The worst thing you can do is hurry the situation. Especially when she's coming off another relationship.

Lets say you tell her you like her. Two things can happen. A)she feels the same and all is fine. b) she doesn't feel the same. If that happens, no matter how hard you try, things will be different. Once that boundary is broken, she may not confide in you as willingly as before. Gotta remember if she does like you, she probably won't be trying to date other guys. And if she does like you but decides to date another guy in the future, personnally that would turn me off. Who wants a girl who likes you, but dates other guys.

I would say just keep hanging out with her. Maybe lay out some hints of your feelings and see how she responds. I was watching something on the Discovery channel the other nite (or was it TLC)...but they were talking about telltale signs to look for to know if someone likes you. Different sitting postures, hand and should gestures, etc. Maybe do some reading on that type of deal so you know what she is thinking by her actions around you.

bull****!!! anyone who said no... well, dont listen to them! from experience and logic, i say just do her, go for it... you're not gonna be friends with her the rest of ur life.

i dont know about you, but i cant stand having girls as friends unless ur dating (and f**king) them, otherwise theyre pathetic and annoying to be around, its ok to hang out with the girl friends a couple times a week, but its the buddies that count more...

I'm a firm believer in the "When Harry Met Sally" adage: A man can't be just friends with a woman he fancies... saying that, me and my gf started out as friends - she was seeing someone else - anyways we grew closer, they split up, we fell in love. Awww lol

If things are meant to be they'll be. Just be wary of the rebound effect. Think of it this way: if it works out though, ya could end up with a gf who's also a great friend.

Hope things work out. Good luck.

bbaahh Im going to talk with her this sunday :) wish me luck guys ;)

thanks a lot :D

Good luck mate, think I am going to see how things go on Friday night when I take her out.

Think I got a line that?s going to give me a good answer from and and let me know how i stand, but also not put her on the spot to much.

Cheers for the advice people, very much appreciated

Will let you know what happen's:)

... I'm in the same situation :( I know (from what people have said in this thread), that I should ask her, but it ain't as simple as that. I've known her for 7 years, plus rejection is bad enough as it is, never mind the rejection being from someone you'll still see everyday! I'm confused :(

Also, I like my best friends girlfriend, and I know she fancies me (he doesn't know). Only three people know. Her, Me, and my sister (one of her friends). What do I do here?! Do I go with my best friend, or my best friends' girlfriend?! Do I leave them both? DO I leave one, and not the other?!

CONFUSING! :s

I agree with cheekymonkey.

Friends that more than just respect/appreciate each other.. going onto the like/love stage can't be friends forever... eventually they'll make out..

Who knows, you might just become friends with benefits... but I'm guessing you actually want to date her.. well just go for it...

i hit on almost all o my female friends :D....theyre hot...what can i say...especially one of em who lets me rub her boobies :D.....my point is if u really like her dont actually hit on her just try to be a good friend to her and shell come to you ;)

fool proof....unless ur really horny, take my advice :)

Originally posted by Signum

Don't go for your Friends Bird. its nnot worth it. You mates is so much more important than any lass / shag.

TRUST ME!!!

yeah... Bros before hoes EVERYONE must remember that. I learned that the hardway. I ruined 6 months of my life... I regret it so much from what I did... I only got fux0ed in the end.

Send her a printout of this post, then she'll see what a gent you are for actually valuing her friendship and resisting all these suggestions to "go for it!" :)

I'm kinda in the same situation but with a twist. I've really liked a girl for an age, and another girl (gonna put names now so it dont get confusing), my friend Christina has been helping me out with it. Well friday night me and Christina were talking but we were also really close. Since then my brain has decided to really like her too. But I still really like the first girl. Confused? I am. On top of all this, Christina's sister is one of my ex's and is one of the first girls friends. Agh! I think I kinda like Christina more though. Any advice?

- Zero

Data: Captain, I believe I am feeling anxiety. It is an intriguing sensation. A most destracting...

Picard: Data, I'm sure its a fascinating experience, but perhaps you should deactivate your emotion chip for now.

Data: Good idea, sir. (Data jerks his neck, and you hear a little beep) Done.

Picard: Data, there are times that I envy you.

:D

Originally posted by Signum

Difficult Situation....

Do I hit on one of my best Female mates?

She jsut finished with her Boyfriend and i like her. Do i try my luck with her and risk changing the relationship we have atm for the worse, OR just leave it?

Help Me ppl :ermm:

Tag it and bag it......

you've got to see how much you like her...longest relationships usually work out if you've been good/best friends with the person before...'coz when you reach that point, you can't go back from being best friends even if the relationship doesn't work out...

just depends on how good of a friend you are with this person...'coz depending upon the closeness, she does deserve to know the truth...you shouldn't be left with that 'what if...' feeling in your mind..