What religion are you?

217 members have voted

1. 1. What religion are you?

• Roman Catholic
    • Protestant (Baptist, Luthan, Methodist, etc)
    • Latter-Day Saints
    • J-Witnesses
    • Athiests
    • Non denominational
    • Jewish (Any denomination)
    • I belive in a God in some form or another
    • I belive in GODS in some form or another
    • Not listed

A circle implies it is flat....

A sphere implies that it has a z-axis

don't twist the words of the 'holy bible'

Originally posted by frod

it was also man's interpretation of god's words at the MOST. .

The day someone proves to me that there is a god i will buy into the religion thing. I am supportive of what other people want to believe but it is just not for me.

Originally posted by Wickedkitten

yeah but the point is that you're cutting and pasting from a webpage, why don't you just post the link to the page and kill a lot of birds with a shotgun instead of throwing large and annoying pebbles at them.

i am not cutting and pasting from a web page

these are from a book(s) i have they are not on the web

if so i would follow your directions

Originally posted by azazel-

A circle is not a sphere. A circle, being a two-dimensional object, would be quite flat when laid on it's side. Thank you, drive through.

And this (devo*****) reminds me of one of my favourite quotes; "I don't mind Jesus, it's his fanclub that sucks".

Quit preaching. One of the biggest gripes I have with your little religion is the fact that it's practitioners cannot accept the differences of others. Crusades? Grand Inquisition anyone? Yeah...love thy brother my ass.

so your saying if jesus where here and you told him you worshiped satan he would say that is fine? or any other god besides his father

i dont think so

he taught his follows there is only One God

Originally posted by devo*****

i am not cutting and pasting from a web page

these are from a book(s) i have they are not on the web

if so i would follow your directions

so you mean to say that you actually are taking the time to type all of that stuff out of a book?

:ponder:

I think you need to take some time off the net and go look for Jesus cos you've got too much time on your hands.

Why Has God Permitted Wickedness?

go easy on the quoting, that was quite a speech ;) Dazzla

so we humans are being tested

It sounds like this story was made up by a person in a mental institute. Would you believe this if Dell or something came up with an exact same story upon how their first computers were made?

"he taught his follows there is only One God" - Actually, no. He taught his followers they must accept God, not have him forced upon them. He preached *choice*. Christianity has only been around for around 2000 years, give or take. You're telling me that everyone that died before Jesus started bebopping around spreadin' love is burning in hell right now? Or what about say, brazillian forrest tribes that have never seen the bible, let alone read it. Do they burn in eternal hellfire because they haven't accepted Jesus as their one true savior? What about the native americans that lived for who-knows-how-long, practicing their own tribal magic and religion...they burning too? Too many holes in the story kiddo, and too much damnation for me, thanks. And besides, if you need to read a book to teach you not to kill people or steal...well...I think you've got more pressing problems to work out.

And for the record, I don't worship satan, nor do I believe in him, in the sense of him being christianity's scapegoat. Open your mind a bit, you might be amazed what's out there.

"he taught his follows there is only One God" - Actually, no. He taught his followers they must accept God, not have him forced upon them. He preached *choice*. Christianity has only been around for around 2000 years, give or take. You're telling me that everyone that died before Jesus started bebopping around spreadin' love is burning in hell right now? Or what about say, brazillian forrest tribes that have never seen the bible, let alone read it. Do they burn in eternal hellfire because they haven't accepted Jesus as their one true savior? What about the native americans that lived for who-knows-how-long, practicing their own tribal magic and religion...they burning too? Too many holes in the story kiddo, and too much damnation for me, thanks. And besides, if you need to read a book to teach you not to kill people or steal...well...I think you've got more pressing problems to work out.

And for the record, I don't worship satan, nor do I believe in him, in the sense of him being christianity's scapegoat. Open your mind a bit, you might be amazed what's out there.

2 points here

1st

matthew 4 10

then jesus said to him 'go away satan for it is written it is jehovah your god you must worship and it is to him alone you must render sacred service'

mark 12 29-30

jesus answered 'the first is hear o israel jehovah our god is one jehovah and you must love jehovah you god with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strenght the second is this you must love your neighbor as yourself there is no greater commandment than these

2nd

i never said there was a hell

the bible never says there is a hell

the words in the bible hades and sheol which in some translations are translated hell refer to the common grave of man not a place of firey torrment

extra

revelation 12 9

so down the great dragon was hurled the original serpent the one called devil and satan who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth and his angels were hurled down with him

Originally posted by Mozart

"ooh goody religious debate ;).

i came up with a saying that i don't full heartedly believe but it's fun to see religious people's reactions sometimes:

religion was created for those of us who are too afraid to believe in themselves.

myself? well i'm an "i don't careist" hehe. that is i don't care how we got here and i don't care where we go when we die, all i know is that i'm not going to let anything restrict what i want to do in life whether that is another person or another god."

"It's fun to see religious people's reactions sometimes."

This statement proves my point completely that all you want to do is thow out a flame, and hope it catches fire somewhere. This is your statement, full and unedited. Did anything I quote from you have it's meaning changed? No. You just wanted to make a point that all religious people are blind, stupid idiots.

So it's idiotic people like me who steered you away from God? Have you ever read the Bible? Do you know anything about it? If you let someone like me or anyone else steer you away from knowledge, who's the real idiot?

I would appreciate it if I would be left out of any further comments. If you wish to continue to belittle and insult religion, be my guest. I'm outta' here.

"This conversation can serve no purpose, goodbye".

HAL 9000

"Let us have peace".

Ulysses S. Grant

did i ever say religious people are blind or stupid? nope. the only time that has been said between us was by you. your interpretation of my words has nothing to do with what i am actually trying to say. now a less jumpy person would respond to my little post with an intelligent responce showing why my statement is wrong and such ( in my later posts i even went on to denounce the statement ). instead i get you who is disregarding all logic and saying that i'm trying to start a flame war about religion when in fact i did not even insult religion. if you wanted to take my post to the extreme you could say that i was insulting people who are religious, but most people wouldn't look at my post that way ( and even if they did, my post wasn't near as bad as some others, why don't you flame them instead? ).

why did i say it was fun to see religious people's responses sometimes? well you're a perfect example of that. someone who is so completely blinded by his/her religion that they can't take a statement like that without trying to escalate it into a full on holy war. and yes it was idiotic people like you who steered me away from god or at least organized religion in the beginning, and yes i have read the bible, twice in fact, but most of that 'knowledge' has been forgotten since i am not christian anymore. idiotic people like you i say because i looked at people who considered themselve christian (my religion at the time) and what i saw was nothing but a bunch of hypocrites who don't respect other people and most of the time don't even respect themselves, so i gave up the church and later god in entirety. also, saying that i'm ignoring knowledge because i don't follow the bible is essentially just saying that all non-christians are idiots. so who's the one insulting who now?

saying you want to be left out of comments after making a comment with no logical support is the equivalent of saying "i don't want to hear because what i say is right and it's final". reminds me of my mother when she knows she is wrong.

so please stop putting words in my mouth and stop trying to prove to me how much of an idiot i am because i don't believe in your religion. open your eyes. there is no proof that god exists just like there is no real proof he doesn't. you and i both have a 50% chance of being right. so what you say is in no way more correct then what i say. so stop acting like it is.

Um...is it just me, or did devo***** just fall off the deep end. I have *no idea* what relevance any of what you said has to anything I had posted. All you did was spout more diatribe from the bible, and now we're gonna (yay!) argue semantics over the meaning of hell! Yippy! Since you apparently completely lost the point of my post, I'll break it down for you, and I'll use small words so that (hopefully) you'll be able to finally grasp a fraction of a clue; What about the people that had/have never heard of christianity, the bible, christ, etc etc? What happens to them when they die? There are so many religions in this world, yet you steadfastly clutch to the idea that you *have* to be right. Open your eyes. Religion, reguardless of which one, are like many paths, all leading to the same destination. I live my life the best I can, never try to hurt anyone, try to help those that I can. To have someone sit and tell me that unless I concede to worship a deity and accept this concept as "God" I will be forbidden heaven and cast into the "common grave of man"...well...so be it. Obviously he/she/it isn't a "kind and just" God after all. And before you respond to this again, please try to glop together some form of concept, I'm not interested in reading more poorly-quoted and mispelled bible scriptures...I know more than enough about that book already, thanks. :evil:

Um...is it just me, or did devo***** just fall off the deep end. I have *no idea* what relevance any of what you said has to anything I had posted. All you did was spout more diatribe from the bible, and now we're gonna (yay!) argue semantics over the meaning of hell! Yippy! Since you apparently completely lost the point of my post, I'll break it down for you, and I'll use small words so that (hopefully) you'll be able to finally grasp a fraction of a clue; What about the people that had/have never heard of christianity, the bible, christ, etc etc? What happens to them when they die? There are so many religions in this world, yet you steadfastly clutch to the idea that you *have* to be right. Open your eyes. Religion, reguardless of which one, are like many paths, all leading to the same destination. I live my life the best I can, never try to hurt anyone, try to help those that I can. To have someone sit and tell me that unless I concede to worship a deity and accept this concept as "God" I will be forbidden heaven and cast into the "common grave of man"...well...so be it. Obviously he/she/it isn't a "kind and just" God after all. And before you respond to this again, please try to glop together some form of concept, I'm not interested in reading more poorly-quoted and mispelled bible quotes...I know more than enough about that book already, thanks. :evil:

sorry for not makeing myself clear

sorry for my spelling

as to the question of the people that have never heard of the bible

when you die your dead thats it no hell you are just dead

what about heaven you ask

well the bible only states the 144000 go there

to rule as kings and priests

but there will be a resurrection ( people being brought back to life here on a paridise earth )

the 144000 and jesus will rule over

rule as in instuct and teach not control selfishly like the governments

man has created

hope this helps

Originally posted by khalsa

I think u should put more religions in the poll.

I think editing the poll after it starts makes it invalid, as you can't change your vote.

when you die your dead thats it no hell you are just dead

I agree on that... but there is another 50 %:

- There is not heaven too... :D

butt there will be a resurrection ( people being brought back to life here on a paridise earth )

Just an observation... each time you must write "but", you wrote "butt".... reread your paragraphs...

Some kind of "fixation" or what... ???? hehehehe.... j/k... :p

Since when did religion become synonomous with God(s)? And since when did God(s) become synonomous with spirituality? And while we're at it, when did we start needing to explain things that we obviously couldnt?

My take on it: a couple hundred years ago, if you mentioned waves to someone they would have though you were nuts. Now, everyone knows what a wave is even though it takes instruments to prove their existence [rather than straight human senses]. So who's to say that what we cant measure now, that we are totally oblivious of, isnt still their all around us? So I guess that puts me in the agnostic category.

Now, as far as a God goes - I may think Schr?dinger was one fat cat, but I dont worship the guy. Just because there is [maybe] a being(s) out there much smarter then us, doesnt mean we need to kiss its ass. I dont dig dictatorships among our own populations, let alone by some other species or entity. But my take on the literalist approach. Personally I think its all euphemisms anyway - words put to a feeling that we really got no words for - yada yada yada.

Now, if for some reason the 3rd place religion [christianity] happens to be the reality - my vote goes to that satan guy cuz he didnt take no poo. He wanted equality - what the hell's wrong with that? And besides, look at all the stiffs that are gonna be in heaven - B O R I N G !!!!!

;))

Originally posted by khalsa

I think u should put more religions in the poll.

Yeh, where's Islam and Hinduism?

it should be called what Judeo-Christian religion are you?

Originally posted by baphomet_irl

Sorry about that. I had no idea this would become as...popular as it did ;)

I was raised as a person.

Not as a catholic, not as an athiest, not as a _________.

I didn't attend church. I didn't read the bible, talk of god or have any beliefs forced upon me. Sundays weren't for waking up early, sitting on a wood bench and listening to some man talk. My mother didn't expect me to believe in anything or to not believe in something. My mother allowed me to grow up and form my own opinions on what I felt and what I believed. But she also encouraged me to support others beliefs. Live and let live...I feel that one can believe in anything he/she wishes to believe in. As long as he/she doesn't try and force their beleifs upon me, I have no problem with it. And I will not try and force my beliefs upon them.

I feel that if you start a child young...sit them down and tell them to believe something--whether it be religion, racism, etc--they will believe it. Children that young rarely will go against their parents, etc. Maybe when they grow older they will decide their own opinions, but often they grow up with it to where it becomes a part of them...and they wont question it.

To me that is the worst thing that could happen to someone. Don't ever stop questioning things. Use your mind, read up on things, expand your mind and possibly change your views on things. But don't shut your mind down and refuse to question what is around you.

so don't try to justify your religion by trying to put all of the idiots of the world in my group.

Which is what everyone does....

When are people going to grow up and accept responsibility for what is theirs?

Originally posted by postertoad

And besides, look at all the stiffs that are gonna be in heaven - B O R I N G !!!!!

;) [/b]

I thought it is boring too... hahahaha

Originally posted by baphomet_irl

Unfortunately, not many think that Islam or Buddhism or Hinduism is a religion... I think Buddhism is a religion based on philosophy and logic... It is in a way like teaching science, philosophy, and logical thinking... I guess it is in a way true to nature...

anyone else wonder why jews, christians, and muslims can't get along? i mean all three religions are the same except for the addition of one guy in each :p. judaism + jesus == christianity, christianity + muhammad == islam. ehh oh well.

anyone else wonder why jews, christians, and muslims can't get along? i mean all three religions are the same except for the addition of one guy in each :p. judaism + jesus == christianity, christianity + muhammad == islam. ehh oh well.

Now I kinda understand the "elite of the elite" war... :)