What religion are you?

217 members have voted

1. 1. What religion are you?

• Roman Catholic
    • Protestant (Baptist, Luthan, Methodist, etc)
    • Latter-Day Saints
    • J-Witnesses
    • Athiests
    • Non denominational
    • Jewish (Any denomination)
    • I belive in a God in some form or another
    • I belive in GODS in some form or another
    • Not listed

Originally posted by locke

I worship Kol, he's better than those missionaries at converting :D

lol :D

Originally posted by Keldyn

organised religion depends on fear, and uncertainty. It places doubts in peoples minds. It is a "fear factory" if you will. It is a voice of false truths, deception and lies. Designed to corrupt the mind and rob people of their own free will and beliefs. Religion is nothing more than a tool by which mankind can blame, their weaknesses, insecurities and conscience on. It sickens me to see people preaching such falsities day after day... Preying on those lacking in self confidence, free will with little or no drive in life. These people plant their insidious seed of hope in their mind. Twisting and corrupting them. Throwing a veil of lies in their face and telling them their life can be so much better if only you let yourself believe. They are like vultures in this sense. They feed on the weak, the vulnerable...they take advantage of their low self esteem, their insecurities and attempt to mold them into the "faithful".....

bravo, Im gonna use that in my website if thats ok with you :D

organised religion depends on fear, and uncertainty. It places doubts in peoples minds. It is a "fear factory" if you will. It is a voice of false truths, deception and lies. Designed to corrupt the mind and rob people of their own free will and beliefs. Religion is nothing more than a tool by which mankind can blame, their weaknesses, insecurities and conscience on. It sickens me to see people preaching such falsities day after day... Preying on those lacking in self confidence, free will with little or no drive in life. These people plant their insidious seed of hope in their mind. Twisting and corrupting them. Throwing a veil of lies in their face and telling them their life can be so much better if only you let yourself believe. They are like vultures in this sense. They feed on the weak, the vulnerable...they take advantage of their low self esteem, their insecurities and attempt to mold them into the "faithful".....

Very well said, religion is a brainwashing agent.

my god is the same as yahweh and allah. i believe god is more of a lifeforce and our souls are merely a piece of this vast lifeforce. I believe in karma ,yin and yang as well as the ten commandments. i believe in reincarnation to be when your body breaksdown into the soil and your genetic code becomes plant food. you don't actually get to come back but you do get to be a part of new life. i believe "hell" to be as if you never existed not infinity in fire. i believe satan to be nothing more than negative energy or chaos. God is reason and positive energy.

I believe the catholic church itself (not the followers) has corrupted christianity since it's concept by way of altering it's teachings. i believe saturday is the sabbath and to keep it holy but i am not jewish nor adventist. SUNday is for SUN gods. I don't believe anyone should force their beliefs on anyone. judge not less ye be judged. i believe reality is what you make-believe it is and normality is only mass histeria. i don't believe god is male or female. what would god need with reproductive organs? i only refer to god as him out of traditional habit. i believe all religions to be right. They all have the same basic rules just different perceptions. i believe it's the end of the world as we know it and i feel fine.

religion doesn't make you blind. false truths make you blind. i agree that there is a lot of brainwashing with modern christianity. that is why i avoid churches. besides that i haven't found one that shares all my beliefs. i believe that if you want to be a christian all you need is a bible to reflect on and to maintain a personal relationship with god. i believe god created all things by way of evolution. something had to miake and mix the gases that made the big bang.

extremely lapsed Catholic that was educated in a damned quaker school

if I had to pick one though I'd go old school and worship Zeus and that

Greek Mythology is cool

Originally posted by Wickedkitten

Greek Mythology is cool

I agree on that, I was an avid consumer of Greek Mithology when I was a kid (hint below) ... :D

P.S.: Look at my nickname... my last name is Ares... for real... ;)

I agree 100%. Note though that I don't mind at all if people are religious, as long as they don't talk to me about it, and tell me how "good" they feel :p

[edit] Oh and I forgot; I am completely atheist. I find the whole idea of a god or higher power completely absurd, to be honest. [/edit]

Originally posted by JHAres

I agree on that, I was an avid consumer of Greek Mithology when I was a kid (hint below) ... :D

P.S.: Look at my nickname... my last name is Ares... for real... ;)

nah, keldyn has the coolest last name in the world if you're into reading dragonlance

Originally posted by Wickedkitten

nah, keldyn has the coolest last name in the world if you're into reading dragonlance

hehehehe... nope... I'm not in that reading... going to search about.... ;)

Anyways, I'm not saying I have a cool name.... just stated the cause for my interest in Greek Mithology... :p

I think i'm agnostic myself. I tend to look at it both ways, if god exists, or if he doesn't, and why. Though, i think there's more proof tlo the non-existence of God. You can't say God doesn't exist because you think so, but then again, you also just can't say God exists because the bible says so, or any other sacred book says so, because i bet most of the sacred books themselves have no proof or proper authority.

I am a Bhuddist, and i think Bhuddism is one of the religions which teaches you to be for yourself, have a neutral mind, and it doesn't force you to beleive in something. My whole family is Bhuddist, so are most of the people here, because Bhuddism is Thailand's major religion. :)

I will raise them up a Prophet

from among their brethren,

like unto thee,

and I will put my words in his mouth;

and he shall speak unto them

all that I shall command him

( HOLY BIBLE ) Deuteronomy 18:18

SAY: DO YOU SEE? WHETHER THIS MESSAGE BE FROM ALLAH

(God Almighty), AND YET YOU REJECT IT, AND A WITNESS FROM

AMONG THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL BORE WITNESS OF ONE LIKE

HIM......"

(SURA AHQAF) Holy Quran 46:10

Originally posted by yashiro

What no JEDI option? tsk..tsk.. :)

a famous comedian once said:

Those of you who believe in telekenesis, raise my hand...

Originally posted by mrdan1286

hahaa i'm the only jewish person on neowin. i wouldn't be surprised if i was.

well u're not :)

i'm jewish, but i'm atheist. i'm jewish cuz thats how i was born, but i don't believe in any god, except for myself of course..;)

a famous comedian once said:

Those of you who believe in telekenesis, raise my hand..

lol:D