What religion are you?

217 members have voted

1. 1. What religion are you?

• Roman Catholic
    • Protestant (Baptist, Luthan, Methodist, etc)
    • Latter-Day Saints
    • J-Witnesses
    • Athiests
    • Non denominational
    • Jewish (Any denomination)
    • I belive in a God in some form or another
    • I belive in GODS in some form or another
    • Not listed

I belive in my self.. people say that God is every where.. in you, in everything.. so if God is in me.. then all i have to do i belive in my self.. right? and i do that.. i belive in my self.. and my friends, parents.. (maybe my sister :p)

Originally posted by [saint dark]

you hit the nail, religion is all about faith in something, faith, not facts, I dont believe in a god, but I have this idea: "If really there?s a god, Im not going to worship him" but I have that idea because im %100 that there?s no god, and not, Im not sceptical (grammar?) I believe in life outside the earth, etc

b>

Yes, there are facts, but they are disputable. Why if there was in your opinion a God wouldn't you worship him? If He had control over your eternity and you knew this beyond any doubt, are you meaning to say you actually would refuse to worship him? Nothing against you, but that comment if I understood properly is just crazy. Also as far as life outside the earth, I don't think that the Bible or any belief of Christianity or other religions (to my knowledge) as a whole deny that as a possibility.

Im my opinion religions and "God" are there because the exact reason you give me, they are the easy and fast answers to question and things that cannot be proven by wordly things yet, again that?s my opinion.

Its not the easy answer to it actually, its the more difficult answer for those who truly devote their lives to Him. Perhaps easier in your view because you feel that those who believe in a higher being simply cannot cope with the truth of death?

I born in the middle of a strongly christian family, my mother used to go 3 tiams at day tu church, thats insane, now she?s agnostic thanks to my explanations to her, for me is so obvious that there?s no a god.

Why did your mother go to church 3 times a day if you don't mind me asking? Or was it just something she chose to do? I personally would find that crazy as well, but I wouldn't fault anyone for it. And honestly its easy to talk someone out of thinking there is a God because it is human nature to feel that we were denied God's love in hard times, when in fact we were just not accepting it.

btw, about your %76 stat, is %63 now in 2002

That's because people are thinking more and more scienfically but overlook a lot of things. People fail to realize that even looking scientifically there is no real answer for how the universe came to be, much the same way people say how could God have always been.

Just as a note nothing I said was meant to personally offend anyone or anything of the sort, just stating my opinions.

I'm a Christian. Always have been...go to a Evengelical Free church.

Actually...the percentage of those that beleive in a "higher power" is closer to 95%-98%. Everyone of the major religions, except for buddhism, believes in a form of god or another. Since 1947, Gallup has been doing a "do you beleive in God or a universal spirit" poll. It hasn't varied more than 5% (94%-99%) from 1947 up till this year. 93% believe in heaven, and 93% believe that Jesus was born of a virgin.

Yeah...I was pretty offended by some of the comments earlier. Non-beleivers alway complain how Christians try to "convert" them...but its the atheists that usually throw the first punch. And so far its been the only one thrown. Just keep the tone down a bit.

Originally posted by Phinal Phantasm

Also, I've noticed a lot of people discussing Greek mythology... I have a thought... you ever notice how old religions (like the Greeks, Romans, Vikings, Aztec, etc) are now considered Myth? How long until they're talking about the "Christian Mythologies"? What makes modern day religion better than the Greek religion? :ponder:

Agree 100 %...

I'm in that line of thinking...

Before that was called "magic", now is called "religion"...

Same thing, updated and new names....

Like a poet from here said long time ago (free translation):

"I respect all beliefs, all are the same, all are beliefs"... :p

Originally posted by wannabetenor

... And even non Americans are doing it to, it's not just Americans...

Cool... we, the "non Americans", are almost like humans... !!!

Hoooray...!!! :p

Originally posted by otacorb

Some of the post on this topic are totally hogwash. I was raised Catholic, but after reading the BIBLE for myself. I wanted to find a church that was most like what I learned from the BIBLE so, I am now a BAPTIST.

I am not brain washed, weak, unable to make my own decisions. But until you truly had a spiritual awakening or spiritual experience to bring to a spiritual awakening, then you have very little to believe in except what the world gives you too.

I am not here to judge any of you. But I'd much rather spend my life believing that JESUS CHRIST died on a cross for me and that some day I will be with him in paradise, even if I find out its not true, than to live like some folks do only to find it is true. I have lost nothing from my belief in GOD.

Regardless of what any of you folks say, believing as I do has made life much more satisfying and happy. You can attack me all you want, but you won't change what I feel in my heart and know to be a fact, not cause of what the BIBLE says, not because of what some preacher preached, but simply because I have my own personal relationship with my creator, which is GOD!

Call me nuts, call me fantical, call me what you will, it truly matters not to me, cause I am at peace with myself, GOD and this unruly world. What is truly funny to me, is that if any of you found yourself in jeapordy, the first thing you'd do is cry out to GOD, but yet right now he is just a joke, doesn't exist. Uh Huh!

Well GOD BLESS YOU ALL! I can see the pitch forks flying already... I LOVE JESUS!

I totally agree. I am Baptist. I happen to know that God does truely exist. Things have happened in my life that could have only come from God. Certain things happening at the exact right time ... the chances of this being a coincidence are just about nill.

I am sorry if you all feel pressured or pushed by christian to change. Those people aren't doing what Jesus wanted. And if you think those christian Tv stations are horrible, so do I. Have of what they preach is "give me money." Jesus never wanted that.

Look at it this way. If I am right, I have nothing to lose. If I am wrong I have lost nothing. If you are wrong you have lost everything and eternity is a long time to be wrong.

Originally posted by ahodes1

Yes, there are facts, but they are disputable. Why if there was in your opinion a God wouldn't you worship him? If He had control over your eternity and you knew this beyond any doubt, are you meaning to say you actually would refuse to worship him? Nothing against you, but that comment if I understood properly is just crazy. Also as far as life outside the earth, I don't think that the Bible or any belief of Christianity or other religions (to my knowledge) as a whole deny that as a possibility.

Its not the easy answer to it actually, its the more difficult answer for those who truly devote their lives to Him. Perhaps easier in your view because you feel that those who believe in a higher being simply cannot cope with the truth of death?

Why did your mother go to church 3 times a day if you don't mind me asking? Or was it just something she chose to do? I personally would find that crazy as well, but I wouldn't fault anyone for it. And honestly its easy to talk someone out of thinking there is a God because it is human nature to feel that we were denied God's love in hard times, when in fact we were just not accepting it.

That's because people are thinking more and more scienfically but overlook a lot of things. People fail to realize that even looking scientifically there is no real answer for how the universe came to be, much the same way people say how could God have always been.

Just as a note nothing I said was meant to personally offend anyone or anything of the sort, just stating my opinions.

Is good to see a mature response, everything here is objetable, I cant prove the non existence of a god and you cant prove the existance of it, about my mother, I know, thats just insane, she used to be a christian fanatism

that fear is what stops you from doing stupid ****. i believe all people who are atheistic are also inclined to pracitice devious sins (such as homicide, beastiality [:D ]). silly cokeheads. and if you take that offensively then consider my last post that got me banned ( where i felt something was offensive and spoke my mind of it ).

later guys, anthony

btw. i am Baptist and i believe in god and i fear him

Originally posted by fizik3

that fear is what stops you from doing stupid ****. i believe all people who are atheistic are also inclined to pracitice devious sins (such as homicide, beastiality [:D ]). silly cokeheads. and if you take that offensively then consider my last post that got me banned ( where i felt something was offensive and spoke my mind of it ).

later guys, anthony

btw. i am Baptist and i believe in god and i fear him

Bull****! one need look no further than the current pedophelia scandal in the catholic church to realize that religion doesn't preclude one from commiting deviant acts.

More homocides has been committed in the name of religion than for any other purpose.

Originally posted by otacorb

Where does this hogwash about FEAR in religion come from. I have been practicing religion most of my life. The Baptist in fact teach that if someone is saved because they are scared into, then they are in fact not saved. So this is more hogwash you folks are spreading.

Then to the guy that in his hardest deepest moments doesn't need to cry out to God, but only rely on himself. That is what the world teaches people to do and you have simply bought into the lie. Because some believes in GOD, does not mean that don't believe in themselves. In fact my belief in GOD has given my confidence to believe in myself to a degree that I never could before. So again.. HOGWASH!

Right on man. Before I had great relationship with God, I was very introverted. I didn't like not being able to speak out. I was weak. After I started talking to God more and more I began to "grow." I am now 50% introvert and 50% extorvert. Exactly where I like it. Call me weak for having to rely on God and His will but at least it enabled me to change and grow into someone that I never thought could exist

Originally posted by wannabetenor

I can understand those who don't belive in a God because they have no proof. I don't share their belief, but I can see it.

You are talking abut "agnostics". :D

I'm not an atheist because "I have not proof", I'm atheist as product of rational analysis of antropology and the human thinking evolution. As a lot of atheist I know.

Atheist are not "poor people" who needs "to see to believe", we see the things in another way, we see another things.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe we are wrong, but is our "belief"... ;)

Originally posted by Jstphish

Look at it this way. If I am right, I have nothing to lose. If I am wrong I have lost nothing. If you are wrong you have lost everything and eternity is a long time to be wrong.

Its a poor way of justifying a belief, but it is true. But since if that's the only reason you "believe" in God then you don't truly believe, you only view the belief as a backup.

Originally posted by atomoverride

Jedi Knight Order.

LOL naa really I am a satanist. Oh I have a question I keep hearing about this god guy but has anyone met him?

Uhhh...I've never met satan...

Originally posted by [saint dark]

about my mother, I know, thats just insane, she used to be a christian fanatism

There is a difference between fanatism and disillusionment. As far as I can see that is disillusionment as spending that much time at church is all well and good but I'm sure God had different plans and better things for her to do. If she was that fanatical about God she should have started preaching or something. It is a common misconception that all true Christians go to church all the time, and whatnot. Really a true Christian simply believes, trusts, and listens to God.

I beilieve that the divisions in Christianity are rediculous. To split the Christian church over minor disagreements is rediculous and hypocritical, as God would want us to be one, not a thousand different congregations. What truly weakens any religion are those that claim to believe, but it stops there, and their actions don't speak in sync with their mouths.

Jedi Knight Order.

LOL naa really I am a satanist. Oh I have a question I keep hearing about this god guy but has anyone met him?

Yes, but not in the way you are thinking. I have felt his Spirit as have all true Christians.
Uhhh...I've never met satan...

Neither have I, and that's something to be happy for!

be a little bit more considerate... I wont name any names but somebody said that "God was a joke." Personally, I'm offended by that comment. If you have something to say that you know others may be offended by, please don't say it at all. It makes it look like you're only trying to stir up trouble
I agree FULLY with what sp00nman said! I'm persononaly Catholic (roman) and if you people are hiding because of what the press has been saying latly (the sexual abuse), you need to come out of the "closet." Half of what the press says is true, and i can proove this one! I went to the vatican and talked to the pope my self, and personally i thought it was the moment of a lifetime! i talked to him all day, we ate lunch etc.. but anyway i asked him about what the press has been saying, and he told me that "there was a case in california when a schizofrenic woman reported that, and she had a LONG history of doing that kind of thing." then he told me "that was when it all started, and people where reporting fake cases of this and NONE of this is true." Anyways:
twist 100 % atheist, god is a joke.

if i had to choose a religion it would be buddism though

that offended me, and im sure alot more people. i BELIVE in Godand belive all of the things that the catholic church belives. I'm not going to get angry, because of what God [and Jesus] teaches.

I also saw some "church is brainwashing, Blah Blahh" well, i currently go to church once every week (on sundays.) and they dont make you go 5 times a week, So HOW is it brainwashing?

"Thats my 1 cent"

-sMk

Its a poor way of justifying a belief, but it is true. But since if that's the only reason you "believe" in God then you don't truly believe, you only view the belief as a backup.

That is not the only reason I beleive in God! I believe in him because I feel his presence, I see his grace, I know him. I truely do believe and I have a very strong faith in God.

There is a difference between fanatism and disillusionment. As far as I can see that is disillusionment as spending that much time at church is all well and good but I'm sure God had different plans and better things for her to do. If she was that fanatical about God she should have started preaching or something. It is a common misconception that all true Christians go to church all the time, and whatnot. Really a true Christian simply believes, trusts, and listens to God.

I beilieve that the divisions in Christianity are rediculous. To split the Christian church over minor disagreements is rediculous and hypocritical, as God would want us to be one, not a thousand different congregations. What truly weakens any religion are those that claim to believe, but it stops there, and their actions don't speak in sync with their mouths.

Bingo

Originally posted by entr0py

Take a look...

Link removed at the request of the quoted

Many would take offense to that and I think you are rather immature for posting this.

And to think this would have to be my 500th post... jeesh

Originally posted by Jstphish

That is not the only reason I beleive in God! I believe in him because I feel his presence, I see his grace, I know him. I truely do believe and I have a very strong faith in God.

I assumed it wasn't your only reason for believing in God but I just wanted to make that comment in general, it wasn't directed towards you

Originally posted by entr0py

Take a look...

Can you please remove this?! this IS VERY OFFENDING! anyone who is christian would probably take offense to this.

-sMk

[EDIT] Thanks! ;) [/EDiT]

Many have taken offense to lots of things others have said. If you're going to complain about what your 500th post is about, you could have easily posted something else in its place.

Many would take offence to that and I think you are rather immature for posting this.

And to think this would have to be my 500th post... jeesh