What religion are you?

217 members have voted

1. 1. What religion are you?

• Roman Catholic
    • Protestant (Baptist, Luthan, Methodist, etc)
    • Latter-Day Saints
    • J-Witnesses
    • Athiests
    • Non denominational
    • Jewish (Any denomination)
    • I belive in a God in some form or another
    • I belive in GODS in some form or another
    • Not listed

Originally posted by Ravager

I agree. Man, I'm not meaning any disrespect to you or any religious believers at all. I respect what they believe in. I just can't see how God can exist when I've never seen him. I'm the type of person who believes on in what he sees... so many things that say God doesn't exist make more sense to me than the things that say he does.

I understand where you are coming from and I used to think the same way, I'll say this though, if you open yourself a little bit you may just start to feel him, and if you do proof just starts sprouting up. Arguing over which is true in itself will never convince anyone that God does or does not exist, it takes a personal experience.

Well... also look at the Catholic Church Scandals... if God exists he probably wouldn't have let this happen. I can't explain this well... but a church sexually harassing people doesn't really reinforce the idea that God exists.

Originally posted by ahodes1

It ends upleasently only because immature people make it do so. We continue because, while futile, we want to make our points heard, and dispute others points. It gives us the opportunity to take in new ideas, even if they aren't radically different from those we already have accepted.

I suppose so, yet if someone's beliefs were challenged, and they wish to confirm it with someone. They would undoubtedly go to someone who they trust; and those who he/she trusts would probably be someone who holds the same belief as the person asking for confirmation, thus rendering all previous attempts to educate and/or challenge that person useless. However there could be a possibility that someone might change their mind or at least consider the alternate beliefs.

Well... also look at the Catholic Church Scandals... if God exists he probably wouldn't have let this happen. I can't explain this well... but a church sexually harassing people doesn't really reinforce the idea that God exists.

You cannot judge a religion by the face of its followers, much the same as you can't judge a book by its cover. You have to look deeper to make a proper judgment.

Originally posted by ahodes1

You cannot judge a religion by the face of its followers, much the same as you can't judge a book by its cover. You have to look deeper to make a proper judgment.

Agreed.

Originally posted by liferay

I suppose so, yet if someone's beliefs were challenged, and they wish to confirm it with someone. They would undoubtedly go to someone who they trust; and those who he/she trusts would probably be someone who holds the same belief as the person asking for confirmation, thus rendering all previous attempts to educate and/or challenge that person useless. However there could be a possibility that someone might change their mind or at least consider the alternate beliefs.

And that is why most people seem stubborn.

Its strange but i feel really different now!

I fighting evil every day!

Sometimes i think i will lose my mind!

Its strange!

I dont go to church and things like that yet,or meet christian people but im in a transition fase i think?

I can feel something inside me,i get tears in my eyes!

I now i will survive!

I actually care more about everything around me!

But im still depressed,evil tryes to break me,i encounter strange people and end up in strange,bizzare situations,yes!

I think that god is testing me,what do you think about all these things?

One of the other reasons is that there are SOOO many religions in the world. There's Allah... buddhists have many gods... you have your one supreme God, the people of Athens believed in several gods like Zeus. Just like you people probably don't believe Zeus existed in real life I don't believe a real God exists. I think they're stories to explain the unexplained.

And people please remember this is a mature thread, don't go around throwing sarcasm and anti-religious comments and the such... we don't want this to turn into an online bloodbath.

Originally posted by Cuzzo

Its strange!

I dont go to church and things like that yet,or meet christian people but im in a transition fase i think?

I now i will survive!

But im still depressed,evil tryes to break me,i encounter strange people and end up in strange,bizzare situations,yes!

I experienced those too. It was the period when I questionned my faith. You're not the only one to go through times like these... if you don't think you're questionning your faith I'd say you're just having a bad day/week/month or something, just a time in your like when odds are against you... the world functions a way that doesn't benefit you.

very lapsed Roman Catholic

i asume you are talking to me, since im one of the only catholic's here. I think that was a line to get me upset, though it doesn't.. "You think what you'd like, and i'll think what i like!"

Can We all just agree to Disagree?

-sMk

Its strange!

I now i will survive!

You are definitely being tested. Stay strong :)

Originally posted by sMk

i asume you are talking to me, since im one of the only catholic's here. I think that was a line to get me upset, though it doesn't.. "You think what you'd like, and i'll think what i like!"

Can We all just agree to Disagree?

-sMk

we can, but like ahodes1 said, both sides must have their own chance to present their own beliefs

What did those so called Gods do?

Please tell me

I tell you they did nNOTHING AT ALL!

Why?

Because they arent real!

Cuzzo, although we share the same beliefs, try to back up your points with valid reasons... not just "THEY AREN'T REAL!!"

Comments like that don't stand up very well.

I experienced those too. It was the period when I questionned my faith. You're not the only one to go through times like these... if you don't think you're questionning your faith I'd say you're just having a bad day/week/month or something, just a time in your like when odds are against you... the world functions a way that doesn't benefit you.

Those are the times you must use your faith to support you rather than question it. Had you done that things would have appeared quite differently.

Cuzzo, although we share the same beliefs, try to back up your points with valid reasons... not just "THEY AREN'T REAL!!"

Comments like that don't stand up very well.

yet most religious people I personally know often respond with comments similar to because God/Bible tells the truth

Originally posted by liferay

yet most religious people I personally know often respond with comments similar to because God/Bible tells the truth

Their opinions are invalid because they can't stand having someone argue their beliefs.

I only wish he could speak to me :(

Maybe im not pure enough?

Let me tell you something strange,i had a dream some time ago and i asked(God,Jesus)im not sure who it was,about when Jesus will come back and someone/something said in 25 years!

Have anybody else had a similar experiance?

Please,dont make fun of me!

What makes you think it was Jesus or God?

I think it was a dream that you're interpreting. I've heard about tons of people who dreamed of things like you did and more, such as meteors coming down on earth, armageddon.

I remember watching a documentary when I was very young and a woman claimed she saw God in her dream and he said the Apocalypse would come in 2001 and fire would rain down on our cities... guess what, we're in 2002 and no apocalypse!

Is God real or not? thats a question that every single person has to decide upon. If they chose to follow the ways that God has layed out for us, go right ahead, but if they choose to do something else, like worship buddism, its ok. To have a belief, it makes the person whole with themselves and their surroundings. A religion make them feel like part of a group that they can share their feelings and inner thoughts. So why shall we have a thread like this where people try to make them question about who they are and what they're really on this "Earth" for. Thats all i have to say.

Nestea, we're doing this to share our different opinions and practices. We're exchanging reasons as to why each of us believes in our religions... as well as exchange inquiries as to why they do so.

Im not sure about who it was.It was not a nightmare anyway with bizzare symbolic and movie like situations with me in.

All i know is that it was a strange wispering voice that filled my head,it made me remember.It was like no other dream i had.

It was abit uncomfortable,i felt weird some hours after that dream.