how many times have you been refused?

Originally posted by SOOPAH256

once.

i've been too afraid ever since then. :: sigh ::

:paranoid: :ponder: :dead:

plus, there's only been one other girl i've had my eye on since then too. but i still don't have all the feelings that i had from my first.

That is so me! My first love in middle school denied me... so I moved on and have been with a bunch of other girls but I just don't feel the same as I did with her... I'm still friends with her which is nice though... after a couple of years not talking.

2 out of 6 here, but dont be so harsh on yourself. Some girls just have a different opinion and image of what is their boyfriend supose to look like.

I have just one thing to say, dont be pathetic and keep asking them and bothering them, keep going to the next one, there are millions of girls out there, and they are pretty sweet loking :)

Originally posted by frod

anyways, i got cheated on by my first gf because i wouldn't put out, how sad is that? :(

and now i'm single... because i'm too weird

Hey man, at least you stand up for what is right... it's commendable to do it the traditional way. don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

My problem is that I don't know what to talk about with a girl. It gets kinda awkward when conversation runs out. I'm interested in world affairs and politics and stuff, not to mention computers. There is a slim to none amount of girls at my school interested in computers and most couldn't give a damn about the world outside their own... and the ones that do are slightly strange...

Maybe my standards are too high? Is asking for a girl that has a balance between normalcy and paralleling interests to ask for?

The only thing that keeps me going is knowing there are more women than men in most parts of the world, if not the whole world.

If someone says they've never been refused before it's because they're either lying or they've never asked a girl out in their life. EVERY guy gets confused, at least once in his life.

I've been refused a couple times myself.

Growing up sucks.. I'm in my "dark age" where I haven't been with a girl for a long time. What is the "dark age," do you ask?

Let me explain...

You're in your first or couple years of high school, and all the girls are going for the "older" and more "mature" guys (juniors, seniors, etc). Little do these girls know is that they are being corrupted as we speak, as these guys are manipulating their lives by getting them drunk and having sex with them. This "dark age" also happens to be the worst point in puberty: the acne invasion. Yes, it's happen to most of us.. and I'm getting some of it now. The worst part is, I'm too lazy to get any of that treatment **** so I just hope it goes away, and sometimes it does I guess? Anyway, as hard as it is to go out with a girl when older guys are reeling in all the fish, then you realize you don't even have a fishing rod: that being a car/driver's liscense. Yes, it's worse. Every night you sit at home thinking "I wish I was doing this" or "I wish I was with her" or "I wish she liked me." It's awful. Acne Invasion + Older Guys in the way + No car + Depressing Thoughts = no girls whatsoever. It's a hard stage for me right now, and I'm sure some of you will or have felt this way before.

Plus I'm not really the "outgoing" type, I'm kind of shy around girls. I'm used to them coming to me, or becoming friends with a girl over time and then starting to go out. At least that worked in my earlier years (Junior High), but do those even count? I need motivation. :(

the girls you are focusing on (the ones that you can go fishing for with a car and driver's license) are probably that last girls you want to be with anyways. if a girl is going to love you for anything it should be who you are as a person and not because of the type of car you drive or if you drive at all.

actually, i know people who have married the first person they had asked out and they are the happiest couple ever.

anyways, i've been alone most of my life and i really hate it but there's not much you can do about it. going out and looking for girls usually just makes you desperate and you end up dating people that you don't even remotely match. sure love is the greatest thing ever but don't worry about not having it for a while. stress is pointless, if you're too busy stressing about finding a gf you'll never be yourself and you won't get any long lasting relationships that way.

so just take it easy and let things flow. if you see a girl you like start conversation. don't be trying to date her immediately. get to know her, start a friendship and then see how things go. that's probably your best bet.

and yeah xeon i know how you feel. i don't know what to talk about either. i can talk about cars a little and computers and music. but not many girls really want to talk about that. music i can get by sometimes but my passion for music is so huge that it usually freaks out people when i talk to them about how much i love it. i can't really talk about religion because most people believe in god in some shape or form and i don't and it usually just makes people hate me for some reason.

i also have a problem with being stubborn and butting into conversations. i need help :(. oh well

the girls you are focusing on (the ones that you can go fishing for with a car and driver's license) are probably that last girls you want to be with anyways. if a girl is going to love you for anything it should be who you are as a person and not because of the type of car you drive or if you drive at all.

actually, i know people who have married the first person they had asked out and they are the happiest couple ever.

anyways, i've been alone most of my life and i really hate it but there's not much you can do about it. going out and looking for girls usually just makes you desperate and you end up dating people that you don't even remotely match. sure love is the greatest thing ever but don't worry about not having it for a while. stress is pointless, if you're too busy stressing about finding a gf you'll never be yourself and you won't get any long lasting relationships that way.

so just take it easy and let things flow. if you see a girl you like start conversation. don't be trying to date her immediately. get to know her, start a friendship and then see how things go. that's probably your best bet.

and yeah xeon i know how you feel. i don't know what to talk about either. i can talk about cars a little and computers and music. but not many girls really want to talk about that. music i can get by sometimes but my passion for music is so huge that it usually freaks out people when i talk to them about how much i love it. i can't really talk about religion because most people believe in god in some shape or form and i don't and it usually just makes people hate me for some reason.

i also have a problem with being stubborn and butting into conversations. i need help :(. oh well

No.. it's not just some girls, it's all girls. This is high school, remember? :(

Oh well, I'll be a soph in a few months anyhow and I get my liscense October 1st so hell should be over by then. :D

no it's not all girls because i dated two girls in high school that weren't like that ;).

Believe me, it is at my school.. maybe there are a couple but they are all "occupied" so to speak. Plus any others are probably non-attractive and aren't interesting. Maybe you got lucky with some good ones?

Only once :( , and it was with a girl i really wanted to be with....

But she's now with another guy, but as long as she's happy, that's all that matters............. :)

Radish.

Sp00nman: Hold out dude, you will find a girl. I know what it feels like, I was single for a year then two girls came along. Yeah it's tough but it'll come around. Beware though, a lot of girls like messing with guys heads. It's happened to me a couple of times now and it's really annoying. But then you find someone real nice and she'll make you feel great. As deathlace said, girls can make you feel great but they can also make you feel like ****.

- Zero

Dude, something similar just happened to me the other night. We were all out in my village, I was with a real nice girl I like a lot, and then one of my mates, well call him 'D', decided he'd go for her too. Fair enough he didnt know I liked her, so I just backed off.

But if your friend knows that you like her LOADS, then he shouldn't be doing that at all. If you compete and he says 'If you try anything you've lost a friend' or something, then dont back down. He knows you liked this girl before him. Hey, if you need any advice in real time contact me on MSN (dalettanner@hotmail.com). Trust me, if this dont work out then you'll find a girl soon. And theres nothing wrong going for a girl a couple of years younger than you. Just not too young.

- Zero

Originally posted by ZeroXero

Dude, something similar just happened to me the other night. We were all out in my village, I was with a real nice girl I like a lot, and then one of my mates, well call him 'D', decided he'd go for her too. Fair enough he didnt know I liked her, so I just backed off.

But if your friend knows that you like her LOADS, then he shouldn't be doing that at all. If you compete and he says 'If you try anything you've lost a friend' or something, then dont back down. He knows you liked this girl before him. Hey, if you need any advice in real time contact me on MSN (dalettanner@hotmail.com). Trust me, if this dont work out then you'll find a girl soon. And theres nothing wrong going for a girl a couple of years younger than you. Just not too young.

- Zero

Yeah man, thanks for the advice. "T" really ****ed me off today because now he says to me, "Yeah, I don't know if I'm going to go with ______, because she seems like she's hard to get" and yadda yadda yadda. I'm like "Okay, so basically you ruined the end of my night yesterday for no reason?" I was really ****ed off, but I hope he's telling the truth. From the looks of it I don't think she's attracted to him because when he asked her to dance she seemed like she didn't want to and they didn't talk the whole night basically.

By the way, she's younger than me but only a year.. so it's cool. :)

Keep your head up man, sounds like things are gonna be ok. If she didnt hardly talk to him that probably means she dont like him that much. Girls tend to have a way of knowing when a guy is hesitating over them and they dont like it at all. I'm guessing she'll pass on that guy, maybe she even likes you and is holding out for ya. As I said you're always welcome to add me to MSN for a chat, I'm usually on, but I'm on cable so if it says away I'm more than likely not at the comp.

Dont give up man, I reckon this will work out and above all dont stress about it, cause it's not worth stressing about.

- Zero

hey hey..then if its like that..i guess the fren of yours wouldnt be engaging with the gurl though..make some conversation with him like..for ex. ask him whether he still does call her and stuff like that..if he doesnt..then might as well u go for it...

1st way to get to her is by having self introductory conversation or find a way..to know her frens and know her..just try to get along..understand what`s her tiny heart speaking and stuff like that..:lick: :lick: ...

well....later on..try to know what she likes and what she dont..try asking indirect questions ex. like do u like guys who smokes?

haha..u got to make some sacrifice though if u really like this gurl of yours...eheh..well...sometimes your soulmate is hard to find or hard to seek if u never bother approaching..and giving it a Go..

u cant just sit down there though..build up your guts..and go for it..gurls sometimes are easy going..try to be interesting and making nice going jokes..and not lame ones..well for me..i know how to advice and myself isnt any good either..sighs! :( :(

well...about your fren..screw him..haha..gurl of your dream wont come every year of everyday of your life man..that`s just the way it is...good luck...:D :D

-wuik- -> spoonman

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Your advice really helps and I have a feeling if I follow some of it I could succeed. Basically I'm just gonna forget about my friend "T" and just go for the girl.. I met this kid who is good friends with her, so hopefully he can hook me up with some info about her and her friends... should work out pretty well. :) I'll let you know how things turn out over the long run. Again, I really appreciate it!

Good on ya man, I'll be interested to see how it turns out. Sounds like you have some inside info eh? ;) You're welcome for all the advice, glad I could help. Just shows what a nice community Neowin is :D

- ZX

no probs spooniee..ermm..well...waiting for gurls just aint me.. though..coz` i aint that good looking..so far..i`m already 19..and i only got 2...refused by about 1 gurl..if u are good looking etc and very great personality..then probably the gurls will come to u..

but i aint that good looking though..so...sighs! :( :(

hmm..spooniee..keep us updated!

haha..we are glad we can do something nice to fellow neowinian :p :p

well heres my situation

I like this girl since I started college, the problem is that she liked my cousin first but he "dont like her", now that she almost forgot him, he talk to her (sunday june 2) and he say that he like her. I talked with her too, but she doesnt know what to do, shes very confuse. Tomorrow shes going to talk with my cousin and I think shes going to pick him and shes going to refuse me :( :( :(

I love her very much and Im not going to quit

you people dont know how much I love her :sleeping:

sorry for my english :ermm:

bua, let me count.. one.. two.. three.. four.. five... mmmm... mmmmmmmmmmmmm......... mmmmmmmmmmmmm........ mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ....... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ 1.000.222.300.433.. mmmmmm.... etc. etc. etc. +^~

@ KoL: Dont give up man, she might not choose him. She may think 'Well he didnt want me when I liked him...' etc. If theres one thing I've learned from my contact with women, it's that they're damn strange and you'll never understand them. That and they smell nice. :) Does the girl know that you like her? Cause if not then she may well choose your cousin. Talk to her, I know it's hard, but have a beer and a chat with a close friend to get your confidence up and just go do it. Girls like it when you're open with them, and you never know, you might end up getting her. Hope this helps at least a bit.

- ZX

thanks a lot SeroXero

yep I told her

she said to me that she doesnt know what to do, she never say no, but tomorrow shes going to talk with him and I know shes going to say no to me :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: