Mac desktops

OMFG!!!!!!!!

These desktops are sooo dam Freeken sexy!

Im about to get an iBook, and was wondering if I could run the serene screensaver as my backround with an 800mhz iBook?

Also the theme cappuccino on a mac is what finaly made me "switch".....OMFG! I love cappuccino soo much man, I cant describe!

I have it on my xp pc, but Im getting to the point at which I shudder at the thought of using this stupid operating system, on a bulky and useless laptop!

Wish me luck with my "switch" and Ill probable be PM ing some of you for "help" in the next week or so! :)

You can use any screensaver as your background using this program Backlight. I think the 800 mHz iBook takes advantage of quartz but I am not entirely sure.

Anyways Here Is Mine:

Wallpaper: Cadillac 16 (Has a V16 engine!!!!!) By Me

Theme: Smooth Stripes

Icon: Emoticons

post-100-1043023417.jpg

OMFG!!!!!!!!

These desktops are sooo dam Freeken sexy!

Im about to get an iBook, and was wondering if I could run the serene screensaver as my backround with an 800mhz iBook?

Also the theme cappuccino on a mac is what finaly made me "switch".....OMFG! I love cappuccino soo much man, I cant describe!

I have it on my xp pc, but Im getting to the point at which I shudder at the thought of using this stupid operating system, on a bulky and useless laptop!

Wish me luck with my "switch" and Ill probable be PM ing some of you for "help" in the next week or so! :)

Yes you can run any screensaver as your background, even on the iBook. Thank Quartz Extreme for that. There is a simple terminal command to enable it but I can't recall it.

There is a simple terminal command to enable it but I can't recall it.
/System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine -background &

:)

A simple terminal command indeed. :blink:

Tell me what you think... What should i add to the wallpaper or anything else?  Any suggestions on anything?  Thanks.

tell me how to get the dock like that :)

also, where can I find more programs that have little menu items in the top right corner like that?

to get the dock at the end position of the screen, i used tinkertool. I used cleardock with application enhancer to make the dock clear, and then i just made a space for the dock in photoshop so it looks like that is actually my dock. From left to right, on the menu bar, i have synergy, tigerlaunch, (the note is still part of synergy), weatherpop, the wireless signal, clock/date, launchbar. Go to google and search for them. Thats the best way. Maybe try mac google at www.google.com/mac

how do you get your desktop to show how many gigs you have on your computer ?...i see that lots of people have it...like bassfaces desktop

In Jaguar, you just make the Desktop active by clicking on it, then go to Show View Options, in the View menu, and tick the box titled "Show Item Info".