Google plans to double Gmail capacity

I have used 20MB so far and get no spam... it's a good service, but nothing special. I find it strange that they still haven't released it to the public yet - I imagine it is either clever marketing or there are a lot of legal issues surrounding it. :unsure:

I find it strange that they still haven't released it to the public yet - I imagine it is either clever marketing or there are a lot of legal issues surrounding it. :unsure:

585716459[/snapback]

They explained that in the Google Gulp FAQ I think:

11. When will you take Google Gulp out of beta?

Man, if you pressure us, you just drive us away. We'll commit when we're ready, okay? Besides, what's so great about taking things out of beta? It ruins all the romance, the challenge, the possibilities, the right to explore. Carpe diem, ya know? Maybe we're jaded, but we've seen all these other companies leap headlong into 1.0, thinking their product is exactly what they've been dreaming of all their lives, that everything is perfect and hunky-dory ? and the next thing you know some vanilla copycat release from Redmond is kicking their butt, the Board is holding emergency meetings and the CEO is on CNBC blathering sweatily about "a new direction" and "getting back to basics." No thanks, man. We like our freedom.

Ok enough with the I have "x mb of xxxx mb" posts. We all are getting more space, not just you, everyone who has a Gmail account is getting the same amount of space.

We will know when we check our accounts.

You are currently using 24 MB (1%) of your 2053 MB. this is sw33t

i'm jst waitin for a version of gmail chat to take over messenger :D

that would b cool

blah! i'll just wait untill it reaches 2GB  or more specifically 2048MB ;) though i may not be at home to see it happen :unsure:

EDIT: ok i just experimented and found out that it increases by 0.01MB/sec therefore it increases by 1MB every 1min45sec. so at this rate from the amount it is at (round of to nearest 5 or 10 if you want) how long before it reaches 2048MB? anyone who loves maths wanna figure it out?

585712968[/snapback]

Bad math. That would be a MB every 1 minute 40 seconds

I used the google suggest thing.. everyone suggest a higher attachment limit on  https://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_suggest/ :) if we get enough people saying it, it will happen. im not asking for something too dramatic like 1gb, maybe 100mb? I think that's fair! don't you?  :)  :cool:

585714350[/snapback]

No. There's a reason they don't do that. If they did, you'd really have people using up the whole space, and they don't want that.