Google plans to double Gmail capacity

It is gonna stop at 2075mb probably, and google will manually add storage on, as if you put your system clock a year forward it says 2075 megabytes (and counting).

God this 2050mb -> 2075mb is awkward when you know what its gonna be :(

585714210[/snapback]

i agree...it is a bit wierd when you know the outcome, also spoils the fun :p

Who really needs to email 700mb files? If your gonna be transferring something that large, you'd be best hosting it. Same with something 100mb in size.

This mainly seems like people asking for gmail to be an online drive, which, although possible to do with the extension, gmail isnt gstorage. yet . . .

Who really needs to email 700mb files? If your gonna be transferring something that large, you'd be best hosting it. Same with something 100mb in size.

This mainly seems like people asking for gmail to be an online drive, which, although possible to do with the extension, gmail isnt gstorage. yet . . .

585714341[/snapback]

maybe you should suggest they make it an online drive as well!

I add the Gmail counter to my website too www.lucmar.com :D

maybe you should suggest they make it an online drive as well!

585714365[/snapback]

why not? :p

Edited by Kalphegor

have you read anything in this topic?! it'll just keep going up, and so will your storage.

585713872[/snapback]

not really :blush: kinda lost track, topic says double storage and on gmail mainpage there was the image about infinity+1.

100MB attachment is too much to ask from Gmail, an email provider not a host site.

20MB is more realistic and has a much higher chance of getting approved.

100MB attachment is too much to ask from Gmail, an email provider not a host site.

20MB is more realistic and has a much higher chance of getting approved.

585714782[/snapback]

Just wondering what this bit is about 10MB limits on attachments. I had no idea there was a limit, and I posted to myself a 15MB powerpoint presentation, and it handled it fine! :rofl:

The problem with having a very large attachment size is the uploading time. Imagine uploading a 100MB file, that would be ridiculous and there are implications such as timeouts and what not.

even with the current storage , gmail is so much better than yahoo & hotmail , making it bottomless would just make them the best .

just saw this topic and logged in on gmail, 2050mb :D

gmail really kicks ass. just hope it dont starts to be slow now

but is the limit on each mail still 10mb?

The problem with having a very large attachment size is the uploading time. Imagine uploading a 100MB file, that would be ridiculous and there are implications such as timeouts and what not.

585714811[/snapback]

I had that problem using webmail on dialup... it'd be nearly there then the connection would timeout :(