Google plans to double Gmail capacity

I don't know why they have it going to 2075 MB instead of 2048 MB, but my guess is that once you have used 2048MB, they might start warning you that you're dangerously close to the limit, and you get 25MB allowance... although, the whole point of having x GB of mail storage was that it would be virtually impossibly to reach without the assistance of overlarged attachments. Then again, they could have done that from 2000 to 2048MB.

Maybe after the guaranteed 2048MB they stop accepting attachments over a certain size or something - then it would take a fair few emails to rack up the extra 25MB threshold.

These are just guesses though, I really don't know what's going on :)

Edit: hold on, what was the reasoning behind suggesting that it is going to 2075MB?

Edit #2: Oh, I see. Carry on.

Edited by scaife

No, the new storage plan is called Inifinity+1 for a reason, because the space limit is going to gradually go up constantly for the forseeable future...

all u gotta know:

It will keep going up and up.. just slower than it did till 2GB... Google said that it would increase infinitely.. "we can't reach infinity" duh... it just goes up.. by next year u'll have ur 4 GB dont worry ;)

at the mainpage of gmail there is the value showing the incresing storage, no need to refresh pages.

When is it gonna stop?

585713864[/snapback]

have you read anything in this topic?! it'll just keep going up, and so will your storage.

I'm happy gmail increased the storage to 2050MB though i don't need that much. haha..but it doesn't hurt to have more.. *hint hint* google..:p :laugh:

If thats true then we should be getting about 2.7MB extra storage a day

585713887[/snapback]

****, thats like my gmail account increasing by my hotmail account every day, 3 mb per day. one hotmail account every day added to gmail. cool.

well 2.75 MB per day isn't bad, seeing how at this rate it will just keep increasing.. :)

so we should get an extra GB in approx. 1 year from now.

Lol what ive been doing this morning, ive added the counter to my desktop :p

I just cant find a decent color to match yet