The OFFICIAL Windows XP SP1 Thread

Originally posted by werejag

great but can you atleast spell werejag correctly!!!!

also you dont have to unpack the sp1 to provide commandline switches to the update exe!

I was aware of this, but attempted to make the guide as simple as possible for everyone to follow.

I think I achieved this.

R517

Ps sorry for mispelling your name the q in qweerjag was a typo (the q is right next to the w). Hope you understand.

:) :p

Originally posted by CoolShady2002

With Build 1097 of SP1 you do not need to delete or replace any files. The issue with slipstreaming causing a corporate version to require retail keys has been fixed.

Oh well this debate is defunked then - as it was inevitable it always would be. The fact that this was happening anyway was probably just the result of a bug with the service pack, with files not being copied correctly. Ironic though that there should be a debate about a process that wasn't even necessary. I like everyone here simply assumed it was on the advice of other posters here and responded accordingly. It was all a big old waste of time and energy really. Nonetheless the slipstreaming guide (which is just a reprint/adpation of bink's method) might prove helpful to someone.

Hey ho, time to move on - I wonder what the next big issue will be?

R517

I've downloaded sp1 1097, but when i try to install it, after unpacking and verifing the files, when I accept he EULA, the installation simply stop, and a window saying SP1 installation cancelled appear. Anyone has the same problem?

I have xp corp 2600, recently reinstalled, but i'm using the same key that let me install the sp1.1081.

Originally posted by shodan

I've downloaded sp1 1097, but when i try to install it, after unpacking and verifing the files, when I accept he EULA, the installation simply stop, and a window saying SP1 installation cancelled appear. Anyone has the same problem?

I have xp corp 2600, recently reinstalled, but i'm using the same key that let me install the sp1.1081.

I have to say, I installed 1090, then tried 1097, and it told me I would have to reactivate my OfficeXP. I wiped my disk and did a clean in stall.

I had the exact same problem

Are you using XPAntiSpy? If so, fire it up, go to the bottom section (with the DLLs) and reenable them, there should be 3 of them

I had the Problem of service packs not installing with every service after version 1089 i sorted this out by uninstalling the service pack which then took me back to version 1086 then 1097 installed ok

errors include service pack 1 setup cancelled and error in update.inf - just uninstall the current one :)

Originally posted by CdCViRus

I had the exact same problem

Are you using XPAntiSpy? If so, fire it up, go to the bottom section (with the DLLs) and reenable them, there should be 3 of them

Yeah, Xp-antispy contributes, so does an already installed beta pack.

Never had a problem w any of the prior service packs but when i double click 1097 and it extracts the contents every time it gets to the end and says it's corrupt. I've dled it 4 times from different sources, so I'm pretty sure that the file is fine. Anyone else had problems like this?? Thanks in advance for all your help =]

Just an update...

I tried extracting w winzip and it also finds an error. Is there a bad copy of this floating around, or something on my computer that could be causing every single sp1 dl to become corrupt?? =[ this is just plain weird. Everything has gone fine until 1097!

Originally posted by PlaceMat

Yes the last leaked build is build 1097, and the key changer file is linked to earlier in this thread.

i looked all over the thread and i didn't find the key changer..maybe one of u guys can just help me =)

Tried to do the change key thing and it still says its the same ole one. Anyone else have this problem or can tell me what I'm doing wrong please e-mail me or pm me please.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by jfaught

Tried to do the change key thing and it still says its the same ole one. Anyone else have this problem or can tell me what I'm doing wrong please e-mail me or pm me please.

Thanks in advance.

First of all, n00b, this has been asked a lot of times here, in this thread, I think, and I myself have explained the solution to THIS exact problem. Dig around. If you still cant find it, I will help you, but only after you have tried to find it yourself.

Hint: Are you using XPAntiSpy?

P.S: Welcome to NeoWin! ;)

/werejag yawns

is there a crack so the fckg key will work on sp1??

/werejag pulls out his ddos tool luanches 1000 infected computers on the noobs.

Die die die.

learn to read!!!!!

if u wanna change ure xp key w/o reinstallin use to tool on this page:

http://www.********.net/modules.php?name=D...download&cid=38

if u wanna slip stream sp1 into windows xp home/pro and even make the cd bootable :) look at the how to on this page:

http://ranmascan.dhs.org/tsuki_yomi/tools/...hell.org/winxp/

edit: top link is censord so direct link to the file is

http://downloads.come2store.com/RedTerror1...key.changer.zip

Originally posted by Zerosignull

if u wanna change ure xp key w/o reinstallin use to tool on this page:

http://www.********.net/modules.php?name=D...download&cid=38

if u wanna slip stream sp1 into windows xp and even make the cd bootable :) look at the how to on this page:

http://ranmascan.dhs.org/tsuki_yomi/tools/...hell.org/winxp/

edit: top link is censord so direct link to the file is

http://downloads.come2store.com/RedTerror1...key.changer.zip

Thank You

Mmm this is getting old, there is no need to replace files anymore if you want to slipstream the service packs, not since 1097 at least. So I would ignore that if I were you and just do a normal slipstream.

There was a big hooha about changing files on this thread before but it turned out to be so much hot air about nothing. By the time folks figured out how to corp the sp a corp sp was released. Anyway what I'd like to know is if when this new XP media edition is likely to leak? It will have to be a leak, as it won't be avaible to buy, unless you want to trade in your PC for some half baked clone from Dell or Gateway or whatever. It shouldn't be too hard to get the compatable components their on about, like the TV card or whatever - and if it needs activating it could always be corped. Well anyway the SP1 debate is pretty much over, so I guess this will be the next big thing folks will be waiting for.

R517

As for a corp version of the sp, read back on the thread a little, there is now no distinction between the corp SP and the 'standard' sp, they = the same thing. Ie if you slipstream any service pack after 1097, you don't need to change files anymore.

And why would I want Media Centre? Well I never really said I wanted it, I just said I wonder if it will leak. But I guess I could use it on an okd kt133 1.2 Ghz machine I have laying around. I dunno, I'm downloading two seperate Linux distos too right now, desktopLX and Xandros (formerly Corel Liniux) as my past experiences with Linux have been fairly negative. Both these companies promise some radical advances on previus attempts at user friendlyness compared to other distros. I also have FreeBSD 5.0 developers preview.I don't know, I'm a beta freak, I just like playing with things and leaning about them. If Media center becomes avaialble I might download it, mod my old machine and give to my niece or something. I don't think you really need much more of a 'reason' to download something than that.

R517

Originally posted by raid517

As for a corp version of the sp, read back on the thread a little, there is now no distinction between the corp SP and the 'standard' sp, they = the same thing. Ie if you slipstream any service pack after 1097, you don't need to change files anymore.

Ok, I am not saying I dont believe you, but I just wanna know where you got this info from

About Media Center, doesnt it require a special video card, or some'n like that?