After a year of unemployment and a year of prison

Good luck buddy, I know Razor1911 :woot: haha ! :) Hope you get the job bud, all the best you will get it anyway no need to stress :p

He's going to need security clearance for that. Which probably means that he''ll have to be pardoned for his previous crimes, esp since they were computer related.

Shane, I wish you luck. Hopefully they'll hire you, you seem like a nice guy.  :yes:

Have you ever considered retraining for another industry, especially since computer related hobbies/activities related in imprisonment? Personally speaking, I would hate to work with computers afterwards.

585858968[/snapback]

Believe me, there have been times that I wished that I had never seen a computer. But alas, it's pretty much all I've done. I mean I've been at it for so long, and to be honest, technology is still my passion. I don't think I would enjoy working outside of some sort of tech field.

Personally, I think that with your experience, you will have no problems getting the job.

And btw, what Operating System do you use?

585859227[/snapback]

Currently I run a little bit of everything. Windows 98, XP, XP MCE, 2000, 2003, Linux, OS X. I've ran more OS's on more machines than I can remember.

hi there , i read all 22 pages , i have to say i'm impressed by your skills ,anyway , here comes the flood of questions.

what about the rest that were convicted along with you , what happened to them and do you still keep in touch with some or none?

what was your role in razor , just coordinating or supplier/cracker ?

what about the job ? still no news ?

well answer those and i'll come up with more :p

I do hope you get the job m8. I know your feelings of not having a job. I do seriously hope this works out for you.

Aaron

hi there , i read all 22 pages , i have to say i'm impressed by your skills ,anyway , here comes the flood of questions.

what about the rest that were convicted along with you , what happened to them and do you still keep in touch with some or none?

what was your role in razor , just coordinating or supplier/cracker ?

what about the job ? still no news ?

well answer those and i'll come up with more :p

585862615[/snapback]

I don't know what happened to the rest of the crew, or if any of them are still involved. I haven't spoken with any of them since I got busted. I only read about one other member actually getting time out of all the mess, and I hope the rest were smart enough to get out while they had the chance.

I had many roles through the years ranging from BBS SysOp to actually running the group.

Still no news on the job per se. I did just get invited to come back down and have lunch on Wednesday with several of the people from the IS department including 2 department heads and the department VP. Hopefully I'll have better news after that.

I don't know what happened to the rest of the crew, or if any of them are still involved. I haven't spoken with any of them since I got busted. I only read about one other member actually getting time out of all the mess, and I hope the rest were smart enough to get out while they had the chance.

I had many roles through the years ranging from BBS SysOp to actually running the group.

Still no news on the job per se. I did just get invited to come back down and have lunch on Wednesday with several of the people from the IS department including 2 department heads and the department VP. Hopefully I'll have better news after that.

585862912[/snapback]

I hope so.

Believe me, there have been times that I wished that I had never seen a computer. But alas, it's pretty much all I've done. I mean I've been at it for so long, and to be honest, technology is still my passion. I don't think I would enjoy working outside of some sort of tech field.

Currently I run a little bit of everything. Windows 98, XP, XP MCE, 2000, 2003, Linux, OS X. I've ran more OS's on more machines than I can remember.

585860871[/snapback]

hm... that's a lot of OS...

linux is free

but what about the rest???? how much did all those OSs cost when u *bought* theM? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :shifty: :shifty: :o :o :p :p :blink: :blink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

585862912[/snapback]

That actually sounds quite promising. If its what I think it is, they've made their decision and its a follow up fluff (likely, but not always) interview where the big wigs want to meet you and give their approval. As long as you dont look or jabber like a monkey, the bosses usually differ to the supervisor who approved you, and you should be good to go.

Heh ;)

Was this how Neowin was in the old days? Actually some interessting threads? Nice read ... and yes shane, you're 101% right ... The scene isn't worth jack **** in real life ... I'm just happy I found that out on my own (extra bonus fot that!), and got out 'just in time' ...

Heh ;)

Was this how Neowin was in the old days?? Actually some interessting threads? Nice read ... and yes shane, you're 101% right ...The scene isn't worth jack **** in real life> ... I'm just happy I found that out on my own (extra bonus fot that!), and got out 'just in time' ...

585863886[/snapback]

I agree! I have not been happy with the quality of threads and posts for the most part. I mean congratulate me on how many post I have threads and so on. I dont have that many post and only really post when I have something constructive to say. I find myself visiting neowin less and less ass time goes by. But anyway.........

Shane I have also read every word in this thread and I check for updates everyday. I hope everything works out for you. Everybody makes mistakes and everybody deserves a second chance. So good luck! Keep us updated!:))

Also take a look at my quote!

hm... that's a lot of OS...

linux is free

but what about the rest???? how much did all those OSs cost when u *bought* theM?  :whistle:  :whistle:  :whistle:  :shifty:  :shifty:  :o  :o  :p  :p  :blink:  :blink:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

585863779[/snapback]

To be honest most of them came with the machines that they are running on. The ones that didn't are legal retail copies bought locally.

Edit: Thank you all again. I'll keep you posted on the situation as I find out more.

Anything new?

585870454[/snapback]

I go back today for lunch with my friend and one or two of the department heads. They may possibly try to get me in to see the VP of the department as well. Hopefully I'll know more when I get back this afternoon.

Hehe, started reading this a bit late.

Good luck with the job Shane :)

585870767[/snapback]

Same here , i know what it feels like , i still havent managed to sucessfully escape from Jail .

Anyways it feels good to stand back on one's feet again .

best of luck brotha.............

Edited by Rahul

I go back today for lunch with my friend and one or two of the department heads. They may possibly try to get me in to see the VP of the department as well. Hopefully I'll know more when I get back this afternoon.

585870944[/snapback]

Now that and the lunch sounded promising - If they weren't interested in hiring you, they wouldn't have likely bothered with all of these things. :)

Sounds like you may be only a short time away from officially getting the job - Just keep hopeful & doing what you've been doing so far. :D

585870944[/snapback]

Sounds to me like you already have the job =)

Well, I'm back home now. I had lunch with my friend and several people from the department. We didn't get an opportunity to talk to the department VP. I know that they interviewed someone this morning, and according to the person I spoke with in HR yesterday, that was the last interview. I guess it's just a matter of being patient and waiting to hear something.

hell you have skills. they can probably use those skills. if they're worth working for they will have the skills to realise that you have skills. provided nobody else applying for the same job has more skills, then your skills (combined with your potential employers' skills) will enable you to (skillfully) get the job.

what the f? stop drinking coffee....! :D

Still waiting to hear something. My friend that works there told me that the IS manager who interviewed me wasn't in today, and nobody else knew what the status was. Maybe I'll find out something tomorrow.

:unsure: