Mac OS X "Tiger" Compatibility Thread

Same here, and so is Transmit 3.

585822022[/snapback]

does it work properly connecting to your idisk? Regular ftp works fine for me.

I am having problems accessing Gmail over Pop at the moment it keeps telling me SSL is not supported but it worked before the upgrade and I am following login information on the Gmail site perfectly.

585820209[/snapback]

Gmail is working fine over POP here. I'm starting to think you are having some odd kind of network issue since that and MSN Messenger aren't working for you.

Where did you get the 2.2 update?

I didn't see it on their site & it didn't appear on the software update thing :blink:

585820875[/snapback]

That would be the latest developer seed.

@WinMacLin & PureLogic:

Have you actually tried downloading something with BitTorrent 4.0.1 or did you just start it up? It will start fine here (on both machines) but stops responding when actually connecting to peers. It has been the same with 8A425 & 8A428. Previous versions of BitTorrent would simply crash on launch, never even making it to the main window.

I used it at the beginning of the week to download something, it went okay. Took forever to start up though, it just kept bouncing up and down like a Jack-Russel Terrier (from that fake switch ad). :p

Edited by Wickedkitten

I find that Limewire sometimes bounces for ages in my dock like 20 - 30 times and then I check it, its not responding restart it and it will be fine, it also happened when I tried to get MSN4.0 to sign in and a few times on VNC Server.

Edited by WinMacLin

I used it at the beginning of the week to download something, it went okay. Took forever to start up though, it just kept bouncing up and down like a Jack-Russel Terrier (from that fake switch ad). :p

585822489[/snapback]

Maybe I should let it sit for a while. On every machine I've tried, it shows "Application not responding" and the wait cursor when it starts connecting to peers.

Toast 6.0.9 Clean install.  Problems burning images and data discs.  worked 100 percent with 10.3.9

585823617[/snapback]

Works fine here. I just burned a bunch of discs yesterday and the day before (almost every type except for audio). In fact, if anything, it's more stable.

Yeah but BitTorrent is one messy app.

585822522[/snapback]

Messy? How so? It has the cleanest interface of any torrent client on the Mac, which is why I prefer it. I despise Bits on Wheels for just this reason (even though it works on Tiger). BoW is way too cluttered for my tastes.

Has anyone tried Microsoft IntelliType or IntelliPoint software?

585824060[/snapback]

Not yet but I need to install IntelliType on my wife's machine (the B&W) soon, so I'll let you know.

Don't Work:

Virtue

Works:

Microsoft Office 2004

Macromedia Studio MX

Xfactor

Tomato Torrent

Adobe Creative Suite

VLC

This needs to be repeated over and over though.

StuffIt Expander- Not included on disc, latest downloadable version works temperementally.

Here's a few more for the list.

Working:

Proteus

Menumeters

Synergy

Little Snitch

Colloquy

SubEthaEdit

VoodooPad

Azureus

585822704[/snapback]

Sweet, I love Menumeters.

A coworker just turned me on to it about a month ago, and I was really wondering if it would work with Tiger... Pre-Ordered it right when it was announced you could... 5 days and counting... :woot:

This needs to be repeated over and over though.

StuffIt Expander- Not included on disc, latest downloadable version works temperementally.

585824740[/snapback]

How come everybody is getting temperamental performance out of Stuffit Expander? It works perfectly for me, and I'm thrown quite a bit at it.

How come everybody is getting temperamental performance out of Stuffit Expander? It works perfectly for me, and I'm thrown quite a bit at it.

585825242[/snapback]

Working fine here as well. :huh:

Can anyone tell me if Cisco VPN client is working or not in Tiger? I use 4.0.3. for my university wireless Internet but haven't installed it yet, as today is a public holiday in Australia.

My experiences:

- VLC crashes when you pause/exit fullscreen mode. It also crashes when you attempt to fast-forward or skip to parts of a file sometimes.

- Installed Toast and runs fine, but I haven't burnt anything yet.

- StuffIt seems to be working fine, I'm not sure what everyone else is talking about though with files/folders. It is okay in my case.

- ShapeShifter doesn't work, as noted. I haven't installed it as I like the Aqua theme.

- RCDefaultApp (prefpane) works fine.

- Office 2004 is fine too. I'm not sure about the sluggishness but it works okay.

- LittleSnitch must be using the 1.2b from the official site. 1.1.1. will not work.

- iWork, iLife are excellent, no problems there.

- Eclipse (Java IDE) is fine too, running the latest 1.4.2.07 SDK.

- Azureus 2.2.0.2 installs fine but I haven't downloaded anything yet. It should work fine.

- Acrobat 7 is fine too.

So the only things that seem to be broken for me are:

- VLC

- StuffIt?

- ShapeShifter (after Tiger gets released it will update)

- LittleSnitch (beta for Tiger available now)

I haven't played with Safari yet (no Internet connection) so I cannot say what it is like.

hmm I don't have any problems you guys are talking about...the only one I have is that while I was converting some clips in Quicktime to the H.264 format I minimized it to the Dock and could not maximize it until it finished.