Mac OS X "Tiger" Compatibility Thread

I have received Tiger and installed IntelliPoint & IntelliType 5.1 since asking the question and both work fine with my Wireless Optical Desktop Elite.

585853818[/snapback]

Downloaded version 5.0 and installed it, now it works. I was installing 5.1 before and it didn't want to work. 5.0 works great now. :D

Does not work:

Cabos

Desktop Manager

Virtue

iSnip

Growl

HTTPmail

Mail.Appetizer

Works:

Poisoned

AbiWord

MacJournal

CocoViewX

RSSOwl

Sidenote

Yum!

SizzlingKeys

Tigerlaunch

More to come,

DP

Growl works fine for me, using 0.6.2.

585860788[/snapback]

I just d/led Growl 0.6.2 and it works. However, my Adium .8bc3 is not working with Growl, I can't seem to find the plugin either :crazy: . Help guys?

DP

I just d/led Growl 0.6.2 and it works. However, my Adium .8bc3 is not working with Growl, I can't seem to find the plugin either  :crazy: . Help guys?

DP

585861723[/snapback]

When you ran the Adium 0.8 beta it should have asked you to install Growl 0.6.2 anyway... try removing the 'Adium 2.0' folder from the Library in your user directory, and running Adium again. You'll have to reconfigure everything but it should pick up on the new Growl.

Either that, or you simply haven't set notifications to 'visual' in the Adium preferences.

KisMAC doesn't work, the kext crashes and prevents the airport driver from coming back up.

I'm hoping there will be an update, I *love* KisMAC.

Oh and darwinports works fine, had a few things that did not like GCC4 but overall, it's great.

KisMAC doesn't work, the kext crashes and prevents the airport driver from coming back up.

I'm hoping there will be an update, I *love* KisMAC.

585862031[/snapback]

Which version are you running? I'm running 0.2a (a beta version) fine, but I'm using a Prism based USB network device, not Airport.

Kismac works fine here. I'm pretty sure they just released a new version for Tiger.

I'm using the APE card. I'm part of the email forums and I just saw it, didn't have a chance too look at it yet.

EDIT: Here is the link: http://alpha.binaervarianz.de/

I didn't try it out yet.

Edited by mikedc1760

When you ran the Adium 0.8 beta it should have asked you to install Growl 0.6.2 anyway... try removing the 'Adium 2.0' folder from the Library in your user directory, and running Adium again. You'll have to reconfigure everything but it should pick up on the new Growl.

Either that, or you simply haven't set notifications to 'visual' in the Adium preferences.

585861956[/snapback]

I was asked to install Growl .6.2 but nothing happened. I can't seem to find the plugin for it either, it's not listed. I tried deleting the 'Adium 2.0' folder but that was a no go. :no: How do I set the notifications to 'visual' in Adium?

Oh and update: Desktop Manager .5.3 now works with Tiger! :) Anyone know if Virtue is Tiger compatible or that if the project is still alive? Thanks.

DP

I was asked to install Growl .6.2 but nothing happened. I can't seem to find the plugin for it either, it's not listed. I tried deleting the 'Adium 2.0' folder but that was a no go.?:no:: How do I set the notifications to 'visual' in Adium?

585864360[/snapback]

Screenshot to help.

Edit:> Adium 0.8 came out of beta today, the final candidate is up on the usual page. Probably be publicly released on the main site later today or tomorrow. Growl 0.6.2 final is included, so that might fix your problem.

post-27178-1115136623_thumb.jpg

Edited by toastyghost

Screenshot to help.

Edit: Adium 0.8 came out of beta today, the final candidate is up on the usual page. Probably be publicly released on the main site later today or tomorrow. Growl 0.6.2 final is included, so that might fix your problem.

585866683[/snapback]

Thank you toastyghost! That was very helpful. I was able to find my growl plugin (yay spotlight) and after adding that to the list and setting my event notifcations to growl, things started to show up. I appreciate your help :D.

Anyone here use Extensis Suitcase? If so is it working for you?

Suitcase is "working" for me, but it seems to be the cause of some definite instability. I went to their website and saw nothing about not working with Tiger, so I am curious as to what others have experienced with Suitcase if there is anyone out there that uses it too.

TIA, DL

DeskShade's locking feature doesn't work so well :/

Radish?

BitTorrent 4.0.2 with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger support has been released, not sure if anyone mentioned it before.

585875466[/snapback]

Must have been in the last day or two because I checked Monday I think and it wasn't out yet. Thanks for the info!!!

I've noticed Quicktime is pretty much a POS in Tiger. I'm unable to view most mpeg files I download, and I'm unable to do a SINGLE thing with this: http://boss.streamos.com/download/intersco...at_feeds_hi.mov It's on the NIN homepage, and opens up a nice window with the QT logo, which proceeds to sit there until kingdom come, and trying to do QT's open URL and pasting it fails as well.

I've noticed Quicktime is pretty much a POS in Tiger.  I'm unable to view most mpeg files I download, and I'm unable to do a SINGLE thing with this: http://boss.streamos.com/download/intersco...at_feeds_hi.mov  It's on the NIN homepage, and opens up a nice window with the QT logo, which proceeds to sit there until kingdom come, and trying to do QT's open URL and pasting it fails as well.

585878979[/snapback]

That's a pretty big file, took me over a minute to be able to play it, but it did play. I'm on a cable connection. I haven't run into to many issues yet with quicktime since upgrading to Tiger.

Same thing happened to me when I tried to play the Tiger Seminar. Here is what I did to fix it, go to the Quicktime tab in system preferences>advanced>transport setup>custom and change it to HTTP instead of UDP. Worked for me.

That's a pretty big file, took me over a minute to be able to play it, but it did play. I'm on a cable connection. I haven't run into to many issues yet with quicktime since upgrading to Tiger.

585879060[/snapback]

Yep, played fine here, the only thing is that Quicktime doesn't give any indication that it is caching the file (took about 45 seconds @ 4.8Mbps here). It seems to cache that entire file before it starts playing. The only way I knew it was doing something was by watching my bandwidth meter.