Official WinHEC 2005 Thread

How much time does it take to install? I am were it says that setup is starting...this may take up to an hour...I have been 3 hours and still nothing.

585844436[/snapback]

It took me about 45 minutes to Install on a 2.53 GHz PC.

:)

Doug, why not post the actual slides :) They're on the DVD

585845669[/snapback]

oh i thought only few slides were on it? lol :blush: so many sessions they said 'this one i left on your slides' or similar...thought they slides on the dvd were crippled

Hi all!

So, do u want to taste this fonts for XP right now, without Longhorn?

Am i hear 'yes'? If so, let me link all of u there...

blog page about this fonts (pls visit it!)

direct download this fonts pack (!!!)

P.S. And one thing else, blog and fonts pack are courtesy of ZoRoNaX! (dont let's forget it!)

585839316[/snapback]

which font does the Longhorn set-up use?

oh, and the links are dead. :( anyone have the packs?

• 4 weeks later...
which font does the Longhorn set-up use?

oh, and the links are dead. :( anyone have the packs?

585845703[/snapback]

Neither of those links were dead now when I just tried.

I think they're VERY nicely designed fonts, definitely fit to take over Arial & co. :)

I especially like the new monospaced font. Take that one, apply ClearType and set it to 10 pt size or something like that. Use it in Visual Studio, and programming bliss. :)

Okay, I have a MSDN subscription but for some reason I cannot find Longhorn. Was it removed?

585990688[/snapback]

4074 was pulled and I don't think 5048 was ever posted.

4074 was pulled and I don't think 5048 was ever posted.

585990950[/snapback]

UGH!!!! Will it ever be posted? This thread rekindled my love interest with Longhorn...

UGH!!!! Will it ever be posted? This thread rekindled my love interest with Longhorn...

585991006[/snapback]

Doubtful, given its been almost a month since the build was given out at WinHEC and with beta 1 being right around the corner. MSDN targets software developers, and 5048 was missing WinFX, so it doesn't really make sense to release it to MSDN anyways.

Doubtful, given its been almost a month since the build was given out at WinHEC and with beta 1 being right around the corner. MSDN targets software developers, and 5048 was missing WinFX, so it doesn't really make sense to release it to MSDN anyways.

585992584[/snapback]

Beta 1 is June 30, right?

last I heard, that was the targeted date. I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped a week or three past it though. :\

585994035[/snapback]

its really no surprise ...

quote from scoble on channel 9

It's not coming in June. The public date we're talking about is "sometime this summer."

• 1 year later...