AIM Triton beta 0.1.12

Wow.

Wow.

Really nice of AIM to (finally) do this. Once they've got logging, I'll wait for an ad patch, and then I'm definately coming from DeadAIM+5.2 to this.

I can't wait!

You two who say "figures" need to get a grip.

First BETA.

Anyways, this thing works like a dream for me. Uses like a total of 70 Megs of RAM, but I will use it unless I am using one of my graphics programs. It is GORGEOUS.

heh, stick to 5.x atleast it doesnt install 1000000 new services :) thats right.. check task manager for those lovely aol services which are stealing all your information! :p

lol I was just going along with the other guy who was having problems.

So far I actually enjoy the new interface (even though I can't log in). It's definitely a huge step forward, possibly some day I'll use it instead of gaim.

You guys are whiners. Didn't you know that you can remove all the ads with currently available online 3rd programs?

585829334[/snapback]

Not everyone does, no. But frankly, I shouldn't have to run a patcher or nab a resource editor just to get rid of them. This is instant messaging, and supporting their IM service takes a fraction of AOL's resources. AOL has enough revenue from their ungodly membership charges to pay for the service. They probably pay more for their support staff than they do in upkeep for the AIM servers.

I may be mistaken, but don't paying AOL users have to put up with adverts as well? You can't even pay to get away from the ads unless you're savvy enough to mess around with the app, and unfortunately I'm in a position where I have to support the result of this advertising industry. I'm sure many of you understand the hassle of dealing with family members when they call "the computer guy in the family" to do tech support. These are people that don't know any better, and don't want to. The industry takes advantage of them, and then IT guys have to deal with the fallout. Wonderful.

End of Rant.

Is it possible to install this and make sure that it doesn't mess with your original AIM installation?

585829384[/snapback]

It installs to a completely different directory, don't worry. I have 5.5 and 6.0 running side by side.

Is it possible to install this and make sure that it doesn't mess with your original AIM installation?

585829384[/snapback]

I don't think it does, it installs in C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\AIMBeta\

Edit: Got beaten :p

It installs to a completely different directory, don't worry. I have 5.5 and 6.0 running side by side.

585829401[/snapback]

haha, wow the same sn open twice? ;) thought that was impossible :p

haha, wow the same sn open twice? ;) thought that was impossible :p

585829417[/snapback]

its been possible since 5.5. It's called "concurrent sessions", but no I was using two different screen names.

You guys are whiners. Didn't you know that you can remove all the ads with currently available online 3rd programs?

585829334[/snapback]

Perhaps if you actually explained a little further what you meant, we'd all respond to your message, but you make no sense. Are you saying that you could use third party programs to remove the ads? If so, which ones, and link to them instead of calling people names. This just makes you look like a fool.

Heres what I mean by the :) emoticon...

585829448[/snapback]

I hope that can be disabled. I don't need epileptic fits from my IM app. There are definitely a lot of nice "extras" in there though. The transition between tabbed IM's is awesome.

umm I have to keep entering my user name and password everytime I restart it...

585829463[/snapback]

it's a beta. It doesn't have the niceties such as saved login information and such yet.

wow...another version of AIM...oh dear god please make it stop...:cry:

585829474[/snapback]

Troll elsewhere. Your post contributes nothing to the thread. For those people saying it's cluttered or whatever, just look at the default msn7 contact list.....'nuff said.

wow...another version of AIM...oh dear god please make it stop...:cry:

585829474[/snapback]

And leave us with the same outdated crap? Why are you objected to improvements for the software you use (Juding by the AIM button on your post)