AIM Triton beta 0.1.12

anyone no how to change your font color and background color and check away messages :blush:

585829532[/snapback]

change the font color using the toolabr in the IM window. to read away messages, simply open an IM window without IM'ing the person. It shows their info, along with away message, on the top half of the window.

Troll elsewhere. Your post contributes nothing to the thread. For those people saying it's cluttered or whatever, just look at the default msn7 contact list.....'nuff said.

585829489[/snapback]

I wasn't trying to troll...I mean come on....there haven't been a DECENT AIM release for awhile now...every time...the release is bloated and useless...and I am a AIM user my self and I to be honest really don't want another version of AIM that really don't improve the program it self and is buggy...i just want something that works...

sure hope ya'll know where I am comming from...

Wow. It looks great. I like the new look AOL is going for. Does anyone know of a patch to remove those of so ugly adverts? I hate AOL for it! Anyone notice their email service is stuffing up? The pages wont load for me or I get errors.

that only chagnes the imediate text i think by what your saying, im talking about the whole window

also how do you get rid of that annoying bump sound it makes, i thought i turned all the sounds off but it still does it??

This new AIM beta looks great. I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy it when it comes out of beta.

Of course, I on the other hand don't care much for the eye candy of modern apps like this and prefer to stick to GAIM and skins for my apps that are just simple. I even use Windows Classic on XP.

Oh well. People will like this release none the less.

I can download the net installer (AOLDNLD.exe), but that keeps erroring out when I run it. Does anyone have the actual installer, and are willing to share?

Can anyone mirror this, I can't download.  The accept button is broken.

585829580[/snapback]

Here's the net-installer: LINK

...if you get that to work, can you put the actual installer on YouSendIt.com?

/TIA

It actually looks nice, gotta get rid of those ads though. I'm sure there will be some sort of ad hack when it's official.

585829628[/snapback]

I'd say there will be one within the next week or so.

It does look very nice. The only real problems I've had to far is that I was downloading a Fedora disc, and had to pause the download because it was lagging AIM. Strange. :unsure:

just to all let u know, this is not aim 6.0., and it will not replace aim 5.9..

585829640[/snapback]

then what is it, sherlock?

Well AIM installed other services I didn't want running. When I closed AIM, because it lagged, I couldnt close the other 'AOL Connect' icon without the task manager. I want to chat with people, not all that crap. gAIM does what this does, its faster and it is a lot less glitzy. I had it installed for 3 minutes and took it off. That is my opinion, maybe final will be better.

Mirror :happy:

Enjoy!

Please don't link directly to the file. Use the link above instead.

585829627[/snapback]

Mirroring AOL? AHAHAHAAHA!!! You have to be kidding me. Do you know the kind of bandwidth they have? :laugh:

It has been confirmed that this is not AIM 6.0 and will be released with a future suit of applications (just like AOL Communicator in 2004) with another major AOL milestone program that is currently in beta development.

As far as a hack, since this is not built on the same platform of AIM and more of an AOL platform (notice the connection to the AOL Address Book and the memory leak, as well as a lack of main AIM features) it is doubtful that a hack for the one ad will be developed/released.

To all the AOL haters, when you can bring something to the table that is as compact and simplistic as this program that connects to the 'most widely used' service, let us know. As for now, this is a HUGE step for AOL and the AIM service. Goodbye grey gui, goodbye AIM Today (ad [welcome] screen), goodbye 15 IM windows...today is a new day...now if only we can have some basic features back and some that have been on a wish list since the beginning of time.

For all official information on phase releases/screenshots/downloads/message boards head over to the offical beta area for this test: http://beta.aol.com/projects/tritonbeta/

Edited by netlooks