[VS] Luna Element 2

Why would anyone want to save an image in bmp. PNG is compressed and lossless, and it even support transparency.

585858019[/snapback]

Well, someone explained it for me, but I will create a PNG version and post it up as well... I was just doing this as something to give back to a great theme though, not to become the recipient of insult... :(

Post is edited up above w/ PNG version as well.

EDIT: For some reason I can't edit that only post, here's the PNG version....

right-click to save

Edited by slyydrr

any update on that trillian skin?  the old element trillian skin just isnt doing it for me.

585858388[/snapback]

Its being worked on. I'm one of those testing it for Steveofc, and It looks good so far.

em3,

Thanks again for a nice piece of work, as I have always enjoyed the first Luna Element!

Fully aware that you have just completed this, I just upgraded to the latest Sun Java JRE5.0_Update3 (ala 1.5.0_3), and man is it worth the installation...

But when I opened up the Java.cpl icon in the Control Panel (WinXP SP2), yikes there were no boxes to uncheck the darn jurchsed.exe update service:

element28wg.jpg

I had to switch to default WinXP Luna to be able to view the entire Sun Java Control Panel Console...No biggie as I'm sure that you will be updating this nice work, as your past VS was so clean!

Cheers... :laugh:

P.S. Yes thanks to Dazzla for the nice matching shellstyle, as we all know they are absolutely no fun to make...a lot of time consuming effort.

Edited by gahbmwM5

Wow, thanks for much-needed shellstyle Dazzla!

em3...you definitely need to see if Dazzla will let you just include his shellstyle in your VS. Even if you don't understand the big deal, I'd use Dazzla's. :yes:

Did you only notice it in Firefox? :laugh:

585858202[/snapback]

I guess I've been surfing the internet for a long time until I noticed that.

When I read your comment, I opened up My Computer and I guess its for all apps. :pinch:

Well, someone explained it for me, but I will create a PNG version and post it up as well... I was just doing this as something to give back to a great theme though, not to become the recipient of insult...  :(

Don't worry about it dude. I've seen this happen so many times before. Somebody will make a visual style that's generally well liked and then all of sudden their head swells to an un-Godly size that their neck can't support their ENORMOUS head and they start acting all crazy....not going to name any names or anything but I wouldn't let it get to you. :p

Ah, the price of fame on Neowin. :laugh: :laugh:

any update on that trillian skin?  the old element trillian skin just isnt doing it for me.

585858388[/snapback]

:yes:

I will be updating the one I made soon

Don't worry about it dude.  I've seen this happen so many times before.  Somebody will make a visual style that's generally well liked and then all of sudden their head swells to an un-Godly size that their neck can't support their ENORMOUS head and they start acting all crazy....not going to name any names or anything but I wouldn't let it get to you.  :p

Ah, the price of fame on Neowin.  :laugh:  :laugh:

585859351[/snapback]

Trust me, em3 knows full well that he's being an assh$le and we of course wink an eye at him because he's an artist and so far whatever he touches turns to gold. Kick us, spit on us, we don't care. Just release Luna Element 3.0 :rofl:

I have a suggestion -

When I set the titlebar font to 8pt instead of 10pt it makes the title bar smaller, but I dislike the way the minmize, maximize, and close buttons look. If you make the white X, square, and underscore slightly bigger, it will look great.

Example for above description here:

minmaxcloseandwhite0rv.png

And instead of the compact start bar, and compact start menu, keep the start bar exactly the same size, but make the start menu look exactly like this - with your luna blue colored scheme of course.

smallstartmenu1sf.th.png

And for the white collumn tabs within Windows Explorer - they are white, and I think they should match the rest of the tan interior of the window.

Make:

badtab7rc.png

look like:

goodtab4nr.png

Otherwise, the skin is GREAT. I love it. :) I am just extremely picky. :(

Thanks.

Well, someone explained it for me, but I will create a PNG version and post it up as well... I was just doing this as something to give back to a great theme though, not to become the recipient of insult...  :(

Post is edited up above w/ PNG version as well.

EDIT: For some reason I can't edit that only post, here's the PNG version....

right-click to save

585858348[/snapback]

I am sorry that you feel insulted. I apologize.

Its a shame that many people just don't understand an author or creator's plight.

Work your ass off to make something for someone or even worse, the general public. Release it, and find out that 30 people love it...but they'd like something changed. And then you gotta wade through the **** all over again till the day after forever to make everyone happy.

Its enough to **** you off. ;)

I have a suggestion -

When I set the titlebar font to 8pt instead of 10pt it makes the title bar smaller, but I dislike the way the minmize, maximize, and close buttons look. If you make the white X,  square, and underscore slightly bigger, it will look great.

And instead of the compact start bar, and compact start menu, keep the start bar exactly the same size, but make the start menu look exactly like this - with your luna blue colored scheme of course.

And for the white collumn tabs within Windows Explorer - they are white, and I think they should match the rest of the tan interior of the window.

Make:

look like:

Thanks.

585860033[/snapback]

For the titlebar issue, where you set the font size and such you have anb input box just over it, which value will decrease when choosing smaller font, just set it to 21 which i believe is standard for compact and you are set to go.

I have a suggestion -

When I set the titlebar font to 8pt instead of 10pt it makes the title bar smaller, but I dislike the way the minmize, maximize, and close buttons look. If you make the white X,  square, and underscore slightly bigger, it will look great.

[snip]

[snip]

Make:

[snip]

look like:

[snip]

Thanks.

585860033[/snapback]

Being this vs is so Excellent as it is, IMO anything more than maybe a minor tweak would detract from this already superb and usable style.

I love this vs and have been using it since the first release. It never seems to get old because it's so Beautifully done, not over-done.

Keep up the Great work em3, and thanks again.

Its a shame that many people just don't understand an author or creator's plight.

Work your ass off to make something for someone or even worse, the general public.  Release it, and find out that 30 people love it...but they'd like something changed.  And then you gotta wade through the **** all over again till the day after forever to make everyone happy.

Its enough to **** you off.  ;)

585860147[/snapback]

It's easier to ask somebody what they want changed, than what they want to be included. Think about it lamebrain.

And even if he asked for it or not, I would still give it to him.

I have a suggestion -

minmaxcloseandwhite0rv.png

smallstartmenu1sf.th.png

Make:

badtab7rc.png

look like:

goodtab4nr.png

Thanks.

585860033[/snapback]

This is one of the things I myself like a lot about this theme, hence my screenshot. Like someone stated, though, you can actually set the size of the thickness of a bar, regardless of how small the font is, so you can get your buttons the way you'd like 'em. Tailoring the theme to be anything different would go against original intentions of the theme, and seeing as you can size the bar anyway you want regardless of the font size, it seems like there's no reason :)

Oh and em3, apology accepted, not a huge deal. Just keep up the great work! :woot: