Legalise Marijuana?

Should the governments legalize cannabis?  

432 members have voted

1. 1. Should the governments legalize cannabis?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont care

i know pot is not in the same class of addictive drugs as say coke or heroin, but it is addictive, and there all withdrawal symptoms, and yes, i know a few pot smokers who cannot quit because they are addictive, no they don't go withdrawal like somebody on crack, but they have many typical withdrawal symptoms, similar to cigarettes i would say, as this study documents

http://www.druglibrary.org/crl/behavior/kouri-01.pdf

I'm a firm believer in every man's right to **** up his own life. Who cares if someone else goes and smokes themselves stupid? It doesn't seem like we care too much if someone drinks himself poor...

I'm voting legalize. I've smoked weed for many years, among other drugs I've done. I've been through addiction and recovery. I've seen people going through life threatening withdrawal from alcohol and opiates. I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone convulse from not having their daily dose of THC. Alcohol on the other hand is another story. I've also never seen nor heard of a pot head passing out behind the wheel and taking out a group of people standing on a corner. Anyone in their right mind mind can't possibly say that alcohol is safer than THC. Yet alcohol is legal.

Sure THC can be and is abused. It can have some negligable side effects. However, alcohol (our legal depressant saviour) destroys countless lives daily. Go figure.

For the record, I don't smoke anymore but I'm all for those who chose to do so.

It's better for you than drinking.

I'm all for legalizing weed, I have been smoking it off and on for around 14 years and have had 0 probs (mental or otherwise). When I'm not smoking up for long periods it doesn't bother me (0 withdrawls), It's all in the mind. I have been smoking cigs for 16 yrs. and will probably die from cancer before anything else. I got alcohol poisoning when I was 22 (started drinking at age 12) and pretty much quit afterwards and if I do drink now it's only for special occasions (weddings, birthdays etc..).

So in my mind alcohol and cigs are a lot worse than marijuana.

Reform marijuana laws today!

Peace :whistle:

-edit- I have done a lot of other drugs in my life and weed is the less harmful of them all. The worst drug I did was crack because it was the worse one to quit because it was so addictive unlike all the rest.

As has been repeatedly stated in this topic, PHYSICAL addiction is different from MENTAL addiction. Being "aggressive" after you stop smoking Marijuana is a result of some people not being able to handle giving something up. They'd be aggressive after they lose anything they enjoyed using/having. A PHYSICAL addiction would manifest itself in a physical sickness or other symptom that is not created in the mind.

FOR EVERYONE WHO SAYS NO:

Alcohol = Legal

Marijuana = Not legal

Explain to me why this is.

585862382[/snapback]

Alcohol requires making a still and easily spotted by nosey neighbor that reports you. Mary J. hidden among the Petunias (sp) and hard to spot by nosey neighbor.

Goverment taxes be-jesus out of alcohol because they know it's hard to make and hide so you'll pay out the nose for it. Mary J., easy to grow, even can be grown inside, goverment gets no taxes and can be easily hidden. In other words it boils down to $$$$. No flames please as I don't smoke or drink.

Cody

Alcohol requires making a still and easily spotted by nosey neighbor that reports you. Mary J. hidden among the Petunias (sp) and hard to spot by nosey neighbor.

Goverment taxes be-jesus out of alcohol because they know it's hard to make and hide so you'll pay out the nose for it. Mary J., easy to grow, even can be grown inside, goverment gets no taxes and can be easily hidden. In other words it boils down to $$$$.  No flames please as I don't smoke or drink.

Cody

585864760[/snapback]

You can have a homemade still in your garage. Cannabis plants smell, the neighbors would definitely know...

To grow INSIDE you need an extensive ventilation system, let alone outside.

As has been repeatedly stated in this topic, PHYSICAL addiction is different from MENTAL addiction.  Being "aggressive" after you stop smoking Marijuana is a result of some people not being able to handle giving something up.  They'd be aggressive after they lose anything they enjoyed using/having.  A PHYSICAL addiction would manifest itself in a physical sickness or other symptom that is not created in the mind.

585864758[/snapback]

Abstinence symptoms during withdrawal from chronic marijuana use.

by Kouri, Elena M.; Pope, Harrison G.

from Experimental & Clinical Psychopharmacology. 2000 Nov Vol 8(4) 483-492

http://80-web24.epnet.com.www.libproxy.wvu...AG-237874976-10

You can have a homemade still in your garage.? Cannabis plants smell, the neighbors would definitely know...

To grow INSIDE you need an extensive ventilation system, let alone outside.

585864771[/snapback]

I said I didn't smoke or drink, I didn't say I never did. I was born and raised in southern Arkansas and half my family made moon-shine. Sour mash stinks like crap, even small batches of wine smell of rotting fruit. I grown pot in my closet in a basket with a florescent (sp) light on the floor and the plant upside down so it would grow down to the light on the floor. (THC collects in higher amounts) with almost no smell what-so-ever. I didn't fall off the turnip wagon yesterday and like I said the goverment can't figure out how to get taxes from pot so it stays illegal.

Cody

Abstinence symptoms during withdrawal from chronic marijuana use.

by Kouri, Elena M.; Pope, Harrison G.

from Experimental & Clinical Psychopharmacology. 2000 Nov Vol 8(4) 483-492

http://80-web24.epnet.com.www.libproxy.wvu...AG-237874976-10

585864792[/snapback]

And this is what older people with AWS (alcohol withdrawal syndrome) have to look forward to..

Withdrawal occurs because the autonomic nervous system (which control muscles for the heart, stomach, intestines, and glands) becomes over-reactive and the body becomes stressed. A person?s vital signs, such as blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and rate of breathing may increase.

This process of withdrawal can cause significant physiological changes for some older adults. Older adults may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, or seizures. If the older adult is not able to safely withdraw, she or he can end up in a withdrawal crisis, which may include hallucinations, stroke, seizure, or coma. Left uncontrolled, these physiological effects can be hazardous and life threatening.

Which would any of you rather deal with?

I said I didn't smoke or drink, I didn't say I never did. I was born and raised in southern Arkansas and half my family made moon-shine. Sour mash stinks like crap, even small batches of wine smell of rotting fruit. I grown pot in my closet in a basket with a florescent (sp) light on the floor and the plant upside down so it would grow down to the light on the floor. (THC collects in higher amounts) with almost no smell what-so-ever. I didn't fall off the tutnip wagon yesterday and like I said the goverment can't figure out how to get taxes from pot so it stays illegal.

Cody

585864806[/snapback]

The goverment can't figure out how to get taxes from pot?

I doubt it, it's just there afraid to make it legal.

i know pot is not in the same class of addictive drugs as say coke or heroin, but it is addictive, and there all withdrawal symptoms, and yes, i know a few pot smokers who cannot quit because they are addictive, no they don't go withdrawal like somebody on crack, but they have many typical withdrawal symptoms, similar to cigarettes i would say, as this study documents

http://www.druglibrary.org/crl/behavior/kouri-01.pdf

585864728[/snapback]

Interesting study, small sample though, and spoke of chronic users. No realistic individual doubts the existense of various issues, but the original point was are they dangerous enough to allow strict penalties and enforcement. Most would agree that should not be the case. Again, I strongly urge that you arrange an interview with addiction center social workers to get their one on one experiences with problematic addictions.

I like this one summary though, this is the best way to approach weed laws, slowly and carefully with unbiased monitoring:

"The Christchurch Press reported on March 22, 2005, that "The lead researcher in the Christchurch study, Professor David Fergusson, said the role of cannabis in psychosis was not sufficient on its own to guide legislation. 'The result suggests heavy use can result in adverse side-effects,' he said. 'That can occur with ( heavy use of ) any substance. It can occur with milk.' Fergusson's research, released this month, concluded that heavy cannabis smokers were 1.5 times more likely to suffer symptoms of psychosis that non-users. The study was the latest in several reports based on a cohort of about 1000 people born in Christchurch over a four-month period in 1977. An effective way to deal with cannabis use would be to incrementally reduce penalties and carefully evaluate its impact, Fergusson said. 'Reduce the penalty, like a parking fine. You could then monitor ( the impact ) after five or six years. If it did not change, you might want to take another step."

its proxied to me, hold on

web archive, think that only works in ie

Results

Approximately 70% of potential participants calling in response to the newspaper advertisements were excluded on telephone screening because they did not meet inclusionary criteria. The most common reasons for exclusion were inadequate use of marijuana, excessive past use of alcohol or a drug other than marijuana, current use of psychotropic medications, and evidence of a current DSM-IV Axis I disorder. Fifty participants met initial criteria on telephone screening for entry into the current user group and were brought to the laboratory for screening. Fifteen of these participants were subsequently excluded at the baseline interview for the following reasons: 10 had used alcohol or drugs other than marijuana more than 100 times in their lives, 3 reported insufficient lifetime use of marijuana to meet study criteria, 1 had a history of a clinically significant neurological disorder, and 1 met criteria for a current DSM-IV Axis I disorder. After meeting the baseline requirements, an additional 5 participants from the current user group were withdrawn during the course of the study for the following reasons: 1 was found to not have marijuana in the urine at baseline, 2 failed to return to the laboratory after Study Day 0 and presumably resumed smoking marijuana, 1 tested positive for cocaine during the first week of the study, and 1 was found to have increased THC-COOH levels in the urine, which was indicative of marijuana smoking during the first week of the study. Thus, 30 current users completed the study and were evaluated. Approximately a third of the current users in the study indicated that their motivation to participate in the study was to decrease or stop smoking marijuana. Another third reported that they participated to prove to themselves or others that they could quit if they wanted to but intended to resume smoking at the end of the study, and approximately a third of current users reported they were interested in receiving the payment and had no intention of remaining abstinent after completing the study. All current users included in the study met DSM-IV criteria for cannabis dependence.

Forty-six participants met telephone screening criteria for the control groups (former users and nonusers) and were brought to the laboratory for baseline evaluation. Fifteen of these participants were subsequently excluded at baseline for the following reasons: 3 had used too much alcohol or too many drugs, 5 met criteria for a current DSM-IV Axis I disorder, 4 reported a lifetime history of marijuana use inappropriate for either of the two control groups, 1 had a history of a clinically significant neurological disorder, 1 withdrew voluntarily after the baseline evaluation, and 1 was withdrawn for administrative reasons. After baseline, 1 participant was withdrawn for not complying with the study protocol. Of the 30 controls completing the study, 16 met criteria for the former user group and 14 met criteria for the nonuser group. The large majority of control participants took part in the study for the financial compensation. The demographic characteristics and drug use history of the study participants are displayed in

Table 1.

A comparison of the baseline levels of the daily diary items using one-way ANOVAs revealed that there were no significant differences between the three study groups on any of the measures except for the variable ability to concentrate. Current users differed significantly from the nonusers in their reported ability to concentrate at baseline, F(1,42) = 6. 5, p =. 01, with the current users reporting significantly lower scores at baseline (?x = 6. 0 ? . 35) than the nonusers (?x = 7. 5 ? . 40). Baseline levels of the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale and Hamilton Anxiety Scale scores did not differ among the current users, the former users, and the nonusers.

An initial analysis comparing the two control groups (former users vs. nonusers) on the daily diary items showed no significant differences on any of the measures studied. Therefore, scores from these two groups were combined for an analysis comparing the current users with this new control group comprising individuals who had not smoked marijuana in the 6 months prior to the study and therefore were not undergoing acute withdrawal. A repeated measures ANOVA comparing the two groups over time revealed the following significant effects: For irritability, Group ? Time interaction, F(1,28) = 2. 6, p < . 0001. For anxiety, Group ? Time interaction, F(1,28) = 2. 0, p = . 001. For mood, Group ? Time interaction, F(1,28) = 1. 7, p = . 01. For physical tension, Group ? Time interaction, F(1,28) = 1. 7, p = . 01. For appetite, Group ? Time interaction, F(1,28) = 2. 3, p = . 0002. For physical symptoms, main effect of group, F(1,58) = 4. 2, p = . 04.

Figure 1 -

Figure 1 %Mean values of withdrawal symptoms observed in the current marijuana users and controls over the 29-day study. Vertical lines depict standard errors of the means. Asterisks denote significant differences between the two groups (p < . 05). \. illustrates the pattern and magnitude of withdrawal symptoms observed in the current users and the controls over the 29 days of the study. The variables sleep and ability to concentrate did not differ significantly between current users and controls. The two groups did not differ on use of tobacco, alcohol, or caffeine, either.

Table 2 depicts the number of current users and controls reporting a change of at least 3 points from baseline in each of the symptoms measured with the diaries.

We performed an additional analysis designed to identify the pattern and magnitude of withdrawal symptoms in chronic marijuana users during abstinence using one-way repeated measures ANOVAs on the daily diary items from the current users only. The purpose of this analysis was to identify which daily diary items changed significantly as a function of days of marijuana abstinence. The following time effects were significant: for appetite, F(28,812) = 2. 7, p < . 001, with appetite being significantly lower than baseline on Study Days 1-9; for anxiety, F(28,812) = 3. 4, p < . 001, with anxiety being significantly higher than baseline on Study Days 1-11; for irritability, F(28,812) = 4. 1, p < . 001, with irritability being greater than baseline on Study Days 1-14; for mood, F(28,812) = 1. 8, p = . 005, with mood being significantly lower than baseline on Study Days 3 and 9; for physical tension, F(28,812) = 2. 8, p < . 001, with physical tension being higher than baseline on Study Days 1-10; for physical symptoms, F(28,812) = 1. 9, p = . 002, with physical symptoms being greater than baseline on Study Days 1-8, 10-13, 15-18, and 27 (see Figure 1). The measures ability to concentrate, sleep, desire to use marijuana, desire to resume using marijuana after the study, and use of tobacco, alcohol, or caffeine did not change significantly as a function of marijuana abstinence.

Analysis of the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale scores comparing the current users with the controls revealed a significant Group ? Time interaction, F(1,3) = 5. 3, p = . 001. Post hoc analyses indicated that the current users had significantly higher scores than did the controls on Study Day 1 (t(46) = 2. 1, p =. 03) and Study Day 7 (t(46) = 3. 2, p = . 002). Analysis of the Hamilton Anxiety Scale scores revealed a significant Group ? Time interaction, F(1,3) = 5. 8, p = . 0009. Post hoc analyses indicated that the current users had significantly higher scores than did the controls on Study Day 0 (t(46) = 2. 2, p = . 02), Study Day 1 (t(46) = 2. 3, p = . 02), and Study Day 7 (t(46) = 3. 3, p = . 002).

Figure 2 - Mean values of the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale and the Hamilton Anxiety Scale in the current marijuana users and controls during the 29-day study. Vertical lines depict standard errors of the means. Asterisks denote significant differences between the two groups (p < . 05).

Figure 2 illustrates the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale and Hamilton Anxiety Scale scores for the two groups.

Urinary THC-COOH levels dropped sharply during the initial days of abstinence and more slowly thereafter (see

Figure 3 - Mean 11-nor-9-carboxy-Δp < . 05).

Figure 3). Paired t tests comparing THC-COOH levels from each study day with the levels from the previous day revealed statistically significant differences for the first 5 days of abstinence.

Discussion

The findings from the present study reveal that chronic heavy users of marijuana experience a number of withdrawal symptoms during abstinence. Specifically, participants in our study experienced increases in anxiety, irritability, physical tension, and physical symptoms and decreases in mood and appetite. These symptoms were most pronounced during the initial 10 days of abstinence, but some of the symptoms were present for the entire 28 days of the abstinence period.

To our knowledge, this is the first published prospective investigation of marijuana withdrawal in individuals with long-term heavy marijuana use. Our findings are consistent with those from a number of case reports (Duffy & Milin, 1996; Mendelson et al. , 1984; Rohr et al. , 1989) as well as laboratory studies (Haney et al. , 1999b; Jones et al. , 1976; Jones, Benowitz, & Herning, 1981). However, our results expand on these previous studies in that our participants were allowed to continue their normal daily activities and were closely monitored for a relatively long period of time. Allowing individuals to continue their normal daily activities significantly increases the external validity of our findings by measuring withdrawal under naturalistic conditions.

Another advantage of our study design was that it included two control groups: (a) former marijuana users and (b) individuals who had hardly ever smoked marijuana during their lives. It is noteworthy that the diary scores of these control groups were indistinguishable from one another, whereas both sets of scores were significantly distin- guishable from those of the current marijuana users. This observation can be used to argue that the elevated diary scores of the current marijuana users were attributable to marijuana withdrawal rather than a mere history of marijuana use or some other aspect of participant selection or study design.

However, it is important to note that among the current users, irritability and physical tension remained significantly higher for the entire duration of the withdrawal period and did not return to baseline as did the other symptoms. Thus, it is possible that these two symptoms represented a premorbid characteristic of the current users and were not a result of marijuana withdrawal. If this is the case, the fact that the former users did not have elevated scores on these two items may reflect a characteristic that potentially differentiates between individuals with a history of heavy marijuana use who have successfully stopped and individuals who continue to smoke marijuana regularly.

Our findings may help explain the lack of agreement in the scientific community on whether a clinically significant marijuana abstinence syndrome exists. Even though our participants were heavy chronic users with an average of 22 years of marijuana use, not all of the participants experienced significant symptoms. On average, only about 60% of the participants experienced a change in symptoms of at least 3 points in magnitude (see Table 2). In addition, no significant increases of marijuana craving during the abstinence period were reported, perhaps suggesting that physical dependence on marijuana is not as strong as that observed with other drugs of abuse. However, as a group, participants undergoing withdrawal from marijuana experienced significantly more symptoms than did the controls. The role of these withdrawal symptoms in perpetuating marijuana use is not clear. Even though the increases in abstinence symptoms were statistically significant, they were not severe enough to interfere with the participants' everyday lives or their ability to remain abstinent for the duration of the study. Nevertheless, a number of participants reported anecdotally that when trying to remain abstinent in the past, the presence of abstinence symptoms had played an important role in their relapse. Thus, alleviation of abstinence symptoms may contribute to the maintenance of daily marijuana use in chronic users.

The findings from the present study should be interpreted in the context of several methodological limitations. First, we studied only individuals (a) who did not meet criteria for any current DSM-IV Axis I disorder, (b) who did not report using substances from any other category of illicit drugs more than 100 times over the course of their lives, ? who were on average 40 years of age, and (d) most of whom were men. Therefore, our participants represented only a subgroup of the overall population of chronic marijuana users, and our findings may not be generalizable to other subgroups of marijuana users. Second, it should also be noted that despite our monitoring with daily observed urine samples, the possibility remains that some participants might have surreptitiously smoked small amounts of marijuana at some point during the abstinence period. However, if this was the case, the magnitude of the withdrawal symptoms observed in the present study would simply represent a somewhat conservative estimate of the actual magnitude of the symptoms. Third, because our baseline levels were determined at a single interview during which participants were asked to describe their behavior during the past 6 months, it is possible that this estimate may not have been an accurate reflection of the participants' true baseline levels. However, even if the baseline time points are not included in our analyses, the elevation of symptoms during the initial days of abstinence still remains. Finally, because the severity of marijuana withdrawal symptoms has been shown to be correlated with psychiatric functioning (Budney et al. , 1999), our decision to not include individuals with any current Axis I disorders in the study may have contributed to an underrepresentation of the severity of marijuana withdrawal.

In conclusion, this study is the first prospective naturalistic investigation to demonstrate that withdrawal from marijuana after chronic heavy use is associated with increases in irritability, anxiety, physical tension, and physical symptoms and decreases in mood and appetite. These symptoms appear within 24 hr and are most pronounced during the initial 10 days of abstinence. However, the increases in irritability and physical tension can be observed for up to 28 days after beginning abstinence, and thus we cannot exclude the possibility that they reflect a baseline characteristic of the current users uncovered by abstinence from marijuana and are not a result of marijuana withdrawal per se.

mikey1001: i am an agnostic catholic and a liberal democrat, my view on this is based on science and what is best for my country

physical_symptoms.zip

The goverment can't figure out how to get taxes from pot?

I doubt it, it's just there afraid to make it legal.

585864821[/snapback]

And how are they going to get taxes from 40 million people growing it in their back yard. Alcohol requires the correct amounts of indgedients, brewed at the right temp for the right amount of time, then aged correctly. You can't make booze as good tasting as you can buy. Pot on the other hand requires the seed and little care and it tastes about the same. Granted it requires more smarts to grow a good hybrid but it can be done.

Cody

It's a lot more practical to buy it unless you consume massive amounts of it. Even if it was legal to grow it, I doubt most people would spend the money and time learning how to grow it.

Think of how many things you can grow easily(herbs for cooking, vegetables for eating) or make/build, and how many people actually do that, as opposed to doing it themselves.

its proxied to me, hold on

web archive, think that only works in ie

mikey1001: i am an agnostic catholic and a liberal democrat, my view on this is based on science and what is best for my country

585864830[/snapback]

Thanks for the zip.

Not really a fair study, this was of heavy chronic usage of marijuana (spanning 22 years), while marijuana has one of the highest discontinuation rates (which suggests these users were more prone to addiction in the first place). And only 60% of these extreme cases even experienced greater than average withdrawal symptoms.

"While 77% had used the drug, 74% of those had not used in the past year and 84% had not used in the past month." - Preliminary Estimates from the 1993 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse, Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (1994).

And how are they going to get taxes from 40 million people growing it in their back yard. Alcohol requires the correct amounts of indgedients, brewed at the right temp for the right amount of time, then aged correctly. You can't make booze as good tasting as you can buy. Pot on the other hand requires the seed and little care and it tastes about the same. Granted it requires more smarts to grow a good hybrid but it can be done.

Cody

585864842[/snapback]

Good point but if legal then not all people are either able or good enough to make some good bud so would have to buy it from a shop/store. It still shouldn't be all that hard to tax it. If they are afraid of people growing it and not buying it then they can make money from seeds as well.

The usa should just take a page out of amsterdam's book, whether it's legal or just tolerated amsterdam from what I have heard has less problems with crime ect. because of it.

OK. this thread is dumb. Everyone has an opinion. Mine is to legalize it. I find nothing wrong with marijuana. Ive been smoking for 6 years, everyday for 2 years. Im still alive and kickin. So, I dont care what others have to say about no legalizing it... mainly because those who say that have yet to experience it.

lol, youre so f*ckin full of yourself. youre 'smart'. youre not the only one. I am a GENIOUS.

585862321[/snapback]

I'm curious... did you know that smoking this stuff will shrink your testicles? You testicles are a major site for endogenous cannabinoid receptors... just for your information.

-MD

thats it, enough of your clueless babblings and speculations.

Why When And How:

marijuana was banned in the state of Texas sometime in the 1930s because the Mexicans who illegally crossed the border often carried weed on them. It was then used as an excuse to harass and deport Mexicans. None of the other states seemed to want to make it illegal. Then, after multiple failed efforts to criminalize the drug, the government launched a propaganda television campaign that swayed the public opinion and made everyone believe that marijuana led people to murder rape etc. From that point on it was illegalized. Then the US gov took it one step further with its influence in the UN and made a pact with all other UN countries to illegalize marijuana forever (that?s partially the reason why Amsterdam doesn?t have it legalized - though its just profit for the most part).

LONGTERM Effects:

These are the effects that me, and my fellow stoners agree on:

Constant marijuana use destroys short term memory. Stuns growth. It causes erectile dysfunctions and decreases sperm count (if you ooooveruse).

Most other effects you read about are what happens when you?re high, and what goes away after you?re not high.

---

Marijuana is no more harmful then alcohol and cigarettes. if you smoked weed as much as you drink (assuming every friday and or saturday) you would barely feel any of the long-term side effects. One joint causes 2x the tar of a cigarette?- you dont smoke more then one joint, but you smoke more then one cigarette.

Another reason some potheads seem so retarded is because they smoke the drug at every available opportunity. Surely if it was legalized this outlook would change. Just look at pre prohibition post prohibition periods: during prohibition drinking was the thing to do, everybody went to bars and got ****faced, after it died down. Its logical to theorize the same thing would happen, plus the state could pull in some $ with a tax.

One more thing:

marijuana, in its current criminal state, is slowly destroying the nations youth. Everything illgeal is always appealing to youths, and as logic would dictate, marijuana is appealing. Right now, in california at least, it is the NUMBER ONE social activity amongst teenagers. as nationwide highscool polls show over 80% (its more, but i dont remember the exact number, so i dont want to overestimate) have tried marijuana at least once in their life. This drug does not cause destructive behavior, it only produces crime (because its illegal) and wastes taxpayer's dollars. Im not sure what the percentage of people in jail are there for possesion, but i wouldnt be surprised if the number exceeded half.

Edited by NyaR

It's a lot more practical to buy it unless you consume massive amounts of it.? Even if it was legal to grow it, I doubt most people would spend the money and time learning how to grow it.

Think of how many things you can grow easily(herbs for cooking, vegetables for eating) or make/build, and how many people actually do that, as opposed to doing it themselves.

585864854[/snapback]

Well that may all be true but I know if people could grow (which is legal) tobacco and process and make a cigarette as good as they buy, the cigarette companys would be broke in no time. It boils down to money, the goverment knows you and I can't grow and make a decent tasting cigarette so they tax it like crazy and allow it to be legal to grow your own. They know you can't but pot on the other hand can be just as good grown by me (had experience) or joe blow who has no experience at all. By the way I'm not for making it legal, I voted no but I also look at it this way it has to be no worse than alcohol or cigerattes.

Cody

I'm curious... did you know that smoking this stuff will shrink your testicles? You testicles are a major site for endogenous cannabinoid receptors... just for your information.

-MD

585864877[/snapback]

I doubt it shrinks your testicles, I have 2 kids and would have had more but I don't want anymore right now.

I also heard it makes you sterile but no it's just bs.