[DEFINITIVE] Console of 2005/2006

What next gen. console are you getting?  

702 members have voted

1. 1. What next gen. console are you getting?

• X360
    • PS3
    • Revolution
    • Both, X360 and PS3
    • Both, X360 and Revolution
    • Both, PS3 and Revolution
    • None
    • Don't know yet
    • All 3 systems are coming home with me

im going to get the xbox360. i hope it will not be a year later or more like my DC,Gen,saturn,NES and xbox. most likely will have it when my mom gets her income tax.

• 2 weeks later...

I was already going to get the 360, but with Sony making it sound like the PS3 is going to be so expensive, I think they have scared of a lot of customers.

my console line in chronological order of me getting them:

atari - sega - n64 - ps1 - ps2 - xbox 360

maybe ps3 when the price is down, and if the Rev makes anything of it self cant see why not that.

If there's a FF7 remake for the PS3, I wouldn't really have a say in the matter. Until it is announced I have freewill. =P

But seriously, probably PS3 for the RPGs, High Def-ness, and removeable hardrives. Am I the only one that likes the fact it doesn't come with a HD? The PS3 is cheaper and if I want one I can pick the one I want, instead of playing for the PS3 and the HD then replacing it with a bigger/faster one.

If there's a FF7 remake for the PS3, I wouldn't really have a say in the matter. Until it is announced I have freewill. =P

But seriously, probably PS3 for the RPGs, High Def-ness, and removeable hardrives. Am I the only one that likes the fact it doesn't come with a HD? The PS3 is cheaper and if I want one I can pick the one I want, instead of playing for the PS3 and the HD then replacing it with a bigger/faster one.

586317771[/snapback]

if you want one why wouldnt you. this is a good idea for sony they could sell a HD for 4 times its price. i have my xbox HD and its not even at 1/4 full i have 4 diff costum soundtrakes and over 15 games saved on it. and i didnt have to pay more money for M cards.

the reason i hated my Dreamcast

Microsoft and Sony haven't been in gaming as long as Nintendo has.

586143867[/snapback]

and here they are selling more than the Gamecube. Sony has beat Nintendo in this generation and the last one. Nintendo really needs to work hard to gain mass appeal for its home consoles again. Something I hope will happen.

How can this be a poll when none of the consoles have even started final production. Anyone that picks now is making a big mistake :/

LOL... the PS3 is getting it's ass kicked on this pool... go figure...

:devil:  :blush:  :laugh:  :rofl:  :p  :rolleyes:

586345074[/snapback]

Go figure. Everything about Xbox 360 has been announced. It might as well have been released already. PS3, on the other hand, is much farther away, Wait till we get more details, specially concrete pricing and features ;)

• 2 weeks later...
ive been a nintendo fan ever since i can remember, and ive been an xbox fan ever since halo: combat evolved

im getting both the xbox360 and the revolution :happy:

i really dont care about SONY and their ps3

585937224[/snapback]

well said. im through with the ps2 and Sony's console market, although i still like there other things :)

Go figure. Everything about Xbox 360 has been announced. It might as well have been released already. PS3, on the other hand, is much farther away, Wait till we get more details, specially concrete pricing and features ;)

586393978[/snapback]

yeah, i too would like to know what actually is going to end up in the ps3, after then cutting the specs down (quietly of course) and removing features..

I'm getting all three, but in order of excitement...

1. Xbox 360

2. PS3

3. Revolution

586437362[/snapback]

I'd put the Revo before the ps3, just cause nintendo is sexy, but the 360 is where its at :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

PEOPLE OPEN YOUR EYES, sony is phony. The reason this is the case is because sony has always made false claims about what the systems can do. I don't know if you people were reading gamepro back in 1999 but there was a section that said that it would be possible that the ps2 could render toy story quality graphics. :no:

Now 5 years later they put this insanely beautiful trailer of killzone claiming that the ps3 can handle that :woot: I am by no means a xbox fanboy, i just want people to open their eyes and see that sony is poisoning the gaming world

• 4 weeks later...

Xbox 360 and Revolution.

Xbox because I love KOTOR and Halo and Fable and Perfect Dark and Battlefield 2 and (Deep breath.) Dead or alive and Star wars games and the hard drive and Xbox Live and the controller and crimson skies and Splinter cell+aformetioned live play and...

I like the revolution because it's just that. A revolution. I want to be there when that happens, also I love Mario and Zelda and Resident Evil and Sonic and Metroid

Im gettin the PS3 for sure, but im also tempted to get a 360 to tide me over till the PS3 comes out. :)

586636120[/snapback]

Same here, just sell the 360 when PS3 is released.

• 3 weeks later...

Last time, we got a gamecube and Xbox both. The xbox gets played a lot by me. But my wife didn't care for Mario Sunshine at all or the luigi game either. So I think Nintendo better think less about strange controllers and more about winning back die hard fans that enjoyed Mario in the days of Mario 64 and what not. Just judging from my own household. Anyway, I prefer shooters so I'm sticking with MS and getting a X360.

yeah, i'm also waiting to get Revolution. once game developers realize what the Revo's controller can do, i'm sure there will be quite a few FPS's on it. imagine what kinda good stuff they could do with it though...... have like...... an ACTUAL sword fight with someone via online play...... without just pressing like..... A for a weak attack, B for a strong attack, X for a lunge, Y to defend. it's gonna RULE. i think it's controller and variety of uses for it is what will draw quite a few people more towards Revo than 360/PS3.

oh, and for those who are not sure what we mean about the controller, look here

I don't play to many video games (I play PC games) but I must say the Revolution is going to be a revolution or a big flop.

So I'm getting a Revolution! :D