[DEFINITIVE] Console of 2005/2006

What next gen. console are you getting?  

702 members have voted

1. 1. What next gen. console are you getting?

• X360
    • PS3
    • Revolution
    • Both, X360 and PS3
    • Both, X360 and Revolution
    • Both, PS3 and Revolution
    • None
    • Don't know yet
    • All 3 systems are coming home with me

Xbox 360 and it's Beautiful interface/faceplate and Free Online is gonna OWN PS3 and Revolution!!!

Although, PS3's Blue Ray Technology is nice.

Is there anywhere Video download of experts comparing these two/three??

585979620[/snapback]

No LOL, there is no final product for comparison.

Well considering the 360 has a trillion floating point operations per second, i think it's safe to say that i will be purchasing one as soon as humanly possible... making sure that i customize my shell with an awesome fascia. 'Fo Shizzle'. :p

For what it's worth, the X360 looks the ugliest out of the 3. It gets even worse when you add on the 'stickers' or whatever it is that they wrapped around the console.

most likely the 360 will be in my home, maybe not right at launch, but will be when halo 3 is released. i would possibly buy revolution, but with the little information known right now, i won't decide until its released whether i want it.

are you people on crack? did you see the videos that PS3 showed? It rips the fawk out of 360. Yea its 6 months ahead but still.

it was a video of the game not even on the PS3 :alien:

PS3 and Nintendo R for me.

I stopped buying American Stuff along time ago.

i stopped buy cheap made stuff along time ago or may be just kid made stuff :ninja:

I'll be getting an XBOX 360, it has the games I want first. Plus if you look at numbers the XBOX 360 will probably be a par if not more powerful than the PS3. It's not all about big numbers and Sony has a lot of useless floating point capability while forgetting about the rest. We'll see. It might actually be more powerful than the 360 or not. Let's just wait and see.

Ok, well I just saw the Killzone Next-Gen video on IGN and all I got to say is...WOW. I think I will change my mind and get a PS3. ;)

585937144[/snapback]

rumor has it that the killzone video was a fake. nobody actually admitted to being the one who played it. i can't remember what site i read it on but the asked a bunch of big names in the industry (not microsoft people) what they thougt of it and they all said no way. cutscene maybe. actual gameplay, no freaking way.

For me it's the Revolution.

I'm no longer the super hardcore gamer I used to be console wise so I want a relatively cheap machine, so the Revolution should fit that bill for me, I really don't want to fork out over 200 dollars for a game system anymore, not when my rifle needs more rounds for the range.

Of this generation the only games that I miss now that I've sold my systems are the Metroid games, so being able to use the Revolution to play those games will be a boon for me. And I love the new Zelda look, Zelda and Metroid have always been my favorite console franchises so I'll go whereever they go.

I can't wait to play the old SNES classics like Shadowrun, Zelda:ALTTP, Super Metroid, or NES classics like Legend of Zelda, and Double Dragon.

Really looking forward to Revolution.

Edit: Oh, and 4 player Super Bomberman!

Edited by mAcOdIn

im gonna get the 360 and the revolution. online play is what rules now. and if i can download AAAALLLLL those nintendo libraries onto the REV', its a WRAP!!! sony has always lied about what they had, foolin the gullible public. ps1 had overheating problems, ps2 to had heating problems as well, and a fake harddrive. (yes, its fake). im also on my 2nd psp. and now, they wanna try n trick u with the killzone demo. i wanna believe that thats the graphics, and im hoping 360 will look like that.

i remember when Saturn 1st came out. the public said it was too expensive at $399, and the programmers said it was difficult to program for. so sega came out with dreamcast, but EA sh*tted on them, and the crowd ignored them for ps2. then microsoft enters the picture with a great but ugly console, and money, and cant be dismissed. its easy to program for, has online play, and the best graphics. yet, some people r still tryin to say its not a great system. NOW, its 360's turn. price should be around $349. reasonable. easy to program for. 500 mil polys a sec. BROADBAND online play. backwards compat. etc, etc. lets see what the problem is now.

ps3 will be a RIDICULOUS machine, if its all tru. but im already hearing about $100 dollar games, hard to program for, harddrive is in question, no solid online structure, and a $500 dollar price. not to mention the threat of overheating and other bugs sony has a history of having. and i dont wanna be locked into there products, like the psp is, without hacking.

bottom line for me? if it dont have online play, i wont buy it. i just dont have time to play one person games anymore, unless its helping me in some way online.

da relic

if i can download AAAALLLLL those nintendo libraries onto the REV', its a WRAP!!!

It has been stated that only Nintendo made games are, at this moment in time, going to be available for purchase. They are talking with third parties, however, so nothing is definite. But don't bank on every game being made available.

By the way, a GameCube + GameBoy Player is an absolutely amazing system for single player content.