[DEFINITIVE] Console of 2005/2006

What next gen. console are you getting?  

702 members have voted

1. 1. What next gen. console are you getting?

• X360
    • PS3
    • Revolution
    • Both, X360 and PS3
    • Both, X360 and Revolution
    • Both, PS3 and Revolution
    • None
    • Don't know yet
    • All 3 systems are coming home with me

Sony is losing $100 per PS3 console, according to rumors. This means it is either v. good or made out of rip-off parts.

Dunno what to think...

Sony is losing $100 per PS3 console, according to rumors. This means it is either v. good or made out of rip-off parts.

Dunno what to think...

586138773[/snapback]

If you think about it losing 100-200 dollars on a console that in all likelihood will launch at 299 doesn't really mean that the console is all that expensive. I am willing to bet that the xbox 360 and PS3 will be about identical in power and probably outpaced by the PC before they even come out. (All these 399 and up rumors strike me as completely bogus and will prove to be so like they were for the PS2. So you can argue 399 all you want, but if history repeats itself for the 3rd time it won't happen).

I am willing to bet that the xbox 360 and PS3 will be about identical in power and probably outpaced by the PC before they even come out. 

586138810[/snapback]

I dont think so.

Xbox 360 is slated for November, right ? ;)

I dont think so.

Xbox 360 is slated for November, right ?  ;)

586139988[/snapback]

So? I bet they will be close after reading and hearing all I could about them. You just base your decisions on timetables and be happy. I will base mine on what the current facts say.

So?? I bet they will be close after reading and hearing all I could about them.? You just base your decisions on timetables and be happy.? I will base mine on what the current facts say.

586140587[/snapback]

lol

Current facts point that Geforce 7800 series and R520 is not Unified Shader technology. Only a fool would expect the launch of Geforce 8 series or ATI's next next before November.

Talk about facts and ignore facts. Nice hypocric;) ;)

lol

Current facts point that Geforce 7800 series and R520 is not Unified Shader technology. Only a fool would expect the launch of Geforce 8 series or ATI's next next before November.

Talk about facts and ignore facts. Nice hypocricy. ;)

586140859[/snapback]

The 48 pipeline unified architecture in the 360 is about equivalent in raw power to 24 current pipelines. Sure if they are coded for they may be more efficient, but I am guessing that within months of the 360 release or around the same time we will have 32 pipeline cards (if not before its release). Also, the PS3 is probably a faster G70 with less memory bandwidth 24 or possibly 32 pipelines and half the memory with the ability to turbo cache in the systems main memory. Either way, I think that come march 2006 we will be seeing PC gpus that outpace the console ones considering the fact that the current 7800gtx is probably not too far off of the RSX in the PS3 or the ati card in the 360.

Furthermore, given the state of the cpus in these consoles, game physics and AI in PC games will probably quickly outpace those that are in new console games. I don't know what about this surprises you, you can't expect a super computer for 300-400 dollars. The PS2 and xbox were outpowered by their releases, why would it be so surprising to have the PC gpus evolve faster yet again. Especially since PC cpus already outpower those of the next-gen consoles.

The 48 pipeline unified architecture in the 360 is about equivalent in raw power to 24 current pipelines. 

586140908[/snapback]

Thanks for putting that before anything else, it saved me from reading the rest of your post. Am I correct in assuming that you are basing that statement on the recent article from Anandtech ?

Sadly Anandtech has hit a new low with its two recent articles on the upcoming consoles. Both of the articles are filled with loop holes basing their arguments on "we think" and "we've heard" logic.

Can you prove that they are wrong?  Or was it just something you didn't want to hear?

586141115[/snapback]

I dont have the energy to prove anybody wrong right now. Just head over to B3D forums and knock yourself out.

Check anandtech.com now and get your proof. :rofl:

586143270[/snapback]

Will do, but on another note, if I seemed like a jackass I was just in an argumentative mood yesterday and was sort of trying to **** (make you angry since this appears to be a weird not allowed, heh) you off for the hell of it. Sometimes I'm weird like that, lol. I feel nicer today, so go me!

I still don't think that such cheap consoles will be as potent as people expect. I'll buy, play, and love them. But I'm not in elementary school saving my pennies for what I think will be a super computer anymore.

I've always been a Nintendo fan for as long as I could remember! I have all of the Nintendo systems from NES to GCN! Nintendo has been in my blood for all these years and it will stay that way! X-box and PS3 are cool, but they just are not for me. Yeah, I can tell those fans talk a lot of trash about Nintendo, but they themselves don't really know Nintendo's real capabilities. Ever since the PS1 came out, and then the X-box, we have always been the underdogs in terms of platform consoles. So what if Playstation has alot of 3rd party games, and Final Fantasy. So what if X-box has there mature games, and Halo? So what? I don't care if they talk trash about what we have, but what comes around goes around. What WE have is the element of SURPRISE, no other fan knows what, code named, Revolution has to offer, and so yeah we may come out a bit later but we will rise out on top! We also have an advantage to see what they have when there's come out before our's. We can learn alot from them. Nintendo has been the longest system running, and we'll never give up no matter what. Yes, we can reclaim our title! I don't care about what those fans have with their Playstation and X-box, I'm just focused on mine! Its all about fun, and we don't need to take it that seriously anyway!

Another controversial topic is the graphics of a system. People, I don't get it. In the upcoming years, graphics won't matter! All of the systems will have almost equal graphics. Besides, what the hell is graphics going to do without gameplay? I ask you this because if anyone has played Super Mario Bros. for the NES, they know that the thing is ancient, yet still more fun than some of the retarded games they have out now!!! So all in all, Nintendo will rise because THEY know what the gamers like. Microsoft and Sony haven't been in gaming as long as Nintendo has. If you don't agree that the Nintendo console systems are the best, then take the portables, for example. Nintendo has the right to say that they are the current rulers of the portable world. I say this because the PSP is just something for gamers to frown upon because Nintendo's DS has made 3 times as many sales as the PSP has so far. I just don't get it people, I just don't...

Please reply with your feelings about my opinions. Actually, I'd like to say that my opinions are FACTUAL.

Nintendo is having a good idea since, revolution in going to be small and cheaper whcih wil make it good for cars with TVs. and they now that ever one doesnt have $+300 for consoles but because they come later, this could happen the xbox360 could drop its price when the PS3 comes out, and the PS3 and xbox360 could drop its price when the revolution comes out.

I am saving up for the X360. :cool:

586167856[/snapback]

:yes: or get it as a X-mas gift :D

We don't know enough about all 3 consoles yet... I say wait a few more months and info will start to leak out before making the final call. So far the PS3 and XBOX 360 look very disappointing and Nintendo hasn't even shown there hand. I'll end up getting a PS3 and revolution most likely... Nintendo is known for innovation and hopefully they pull off something really spectacular this time..

Xbox 360 for me, just love the new sleek design.

Must admit PS3 has pretty good hardware but Xbox360 is not that far behind, Sony are taking huge gamble with Blu-Ray in the PS3 wondering what will happen is Bluray loses the format war (unlikely but still very possible)

im so getting the PS3 because i had a ps1, ps2 :) i also had an xbox but only got it to play halo

but on a side note im avoiding getting an xbox360 is because knowing mircosoft it will have a 360 times more risk of causing a fire in your house....

but i will get one sooner or later as im sure there will be "newer" releases

havent you people notice a 1st few pages in console game forum are MAJORITY about xbox 360 and none other plateforms? :no: I can see what kind of fanboys are in this site. :rolleyes:

ya, not much info out yet about other consoles, excluding xbox360, dunno what to choose yet.