I Switched to from Windows to OSX

It's going to be a slug with 256mb of ram.

586047797[/snapback]

I have some extra ram could I add it? Its PC2100? I should get my package today (saterday) from fedex I HOPE!

G3s DO NOT use DDR. they use PC100 SDRAM I think. Or PC133.

Anyway, GOOD LUCK :cry: with that G3. You'll need it.

I'd miss my athlon if I were you :p

PC100 SDRAM (Noninterleaved, 168-pin, 64-bit-wide 8ns PC100 SDRAM (3.3v).)

I guess I have to run out to best buy and buy some more ram then. My PC2100 wont fit? Dam this sucks now!

has it arrived yet?

586049581[/snapback]

Not yet. Still waiting. I should get it today. The ebay seller lives in california but 5 hours away. So I am hoping fedex comes to my door today :woot:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Tracking number

22841251???????

Ship date Estimated delivery

Jun 9, 2005 Jun 13, 2005

Delivery location Service type

LAPUENTE, CA Ground-Domestic

Pieces Weight

1 33.0 lbs.

Status

Departed FedEx location

Date/Time: Jun 10, 2005 11:59 PM

Activity: Departed FedEx location

Details: 11:59 PM Departed FedEx location

LOS ANGELES, CA

----------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a mini when they came out, and loved it so much I bought a powerbook 2 weeks ago. I found Adium is very close to trillian

586046746[/snapback]

Adium isn't as good as Trillian :(

for a keyboard, logitechs now support both mac and windows and have the apple key on them which is really nice, i have the logitech internet keyboard and it's great

586051738[/snapback]

I think it's quite a bit better actually. I use AIM/MSN clients on Windows. Trillian just doesn't cut it for me.

Your G3 won't chug as much as people say. Don't get me wrong, you don't have the fastest machine in the world, but certainly no dog. The G3 is the same as the G4 aside from Altivec and DDR support. I used a 350mhz for quite awhile and it did the job. Add a gig of ram to her.

for a keyboard, logitechs now support both mac and windows and have the apple key on them which is really nice, i have the logitech internet keyboard and it's great

586051990[/snapback]

Logitech's wireless keyboards aren't officially supported on Macs. They will function like a normal keyboard, but there are no drivers as of yet. And I have yet to see a Logitech keyboard with the apple key.

Logitech's wireless keyboards aren't officially supported on Macs.  They will function like a normal keyboard, but there are no drivers as of yet.  And I have yet to see a Logitech keyboard with the apple key.

586052066[/snapback]

Chad, my mxduo setup has an apple key/alt-option key on it, its simply under the "pc" key images/text.

apple.png

and on that note, take a look-see here for mac osx software.

I just got my PowerBook 2 days ago. And it is SOOOOOO amazing. Wow, it is just no where near the same. Just WWOOOOWWW. Even if it ran windows the PowerBook itself is just built soo well. I made all of my friends jealous and they are going to get macs (probably powerbooks) for college. I can't believe it took me this long. When I got my previous computer (2.5 years) they were no good macs I could get for the money. They didnt have the mac mini yet. eMac was jsut a tad too much for what seemed like not enuff. but WOW. Expose is the most useful thing ever. i cant imagine using mac os with out it.

586051738[/snapback]

What adium is way better, the skins are so much better. i wish there was a windows vertion of adium (miranda doesnt stack up at all)

What adium is way better, the skins are so much better. i wish there was a windows vertion of adium (miranda doesnt stack up at all)

586054443[/snapback]

Gaim?

And I have yet to see a Logitech keyboard with the apple key.

586052066[/snapback]

My experience is quite the opposite. Most of the Logitech keyboards that I've seen had both Windows and Mac keys. I don't know if the wireless ones do, but the wired ones I've seen at Wal-Mart and CompUSA do. In fact, they are the only company I know of that actually puts BOTH sets of markings on their keyboards.

Well I finally got it! :woot:

but sucks because im at work and dont get out until 4pm and I have to go pick up my g/f =( so I wont be home until 6pm the soonest!!! :angry: :angry:

but anyways. I hope to be able to get it started today. I have a 80 GB HD. OSX is installed on the current HD (9GB) is there anyway to image that OS and put it on my HD (80GB) If so please let me know. Thanks alot guys.

Also how would I burn it? Nero? Thanks =)

also we were talking about mouse/keyboard. Well my mouse is usb but not my keyboard so i've been looking and dont have cash to kill right now so how about these keyboards....

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in...7398&pfp=SEARCH

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in...7896&pfp=SEARCH

:woot: :woot:

Edited by zerolimit

Solution: Dump your girlfriend if she makes you so mad.

Then you can go home to your new computer girlfriend everyday. Geez.

Oh, if you install the big HD in the machine you can use Disk Utility to create a backup image of the small drive and then write that image to the big one. Got it?