I Switched to from Windows to OSX

Southern Patriot
so for 450 mhz put a jumper on the First Pins and on the Third Pins?

so I would need two jumpers only? Is that correct?

586109987[/snapback]

For 450, you would put a jumper on just the 4th set of pins (look where the S is on the chart). For 400 you put one on the 1st and 3rd set.

You only need jumpers at the locations marked with an S on the chart. Remember, this is working from the jumper closest to the back (#1) to the front (#4). If you have the side of the computer opened towards you, it will be just as it's shown in the chart.

zerolimit

: : : : : :

1 2 3 4 5 6

P

(P = Pin)

Ok making sure this is right. Only need 1 jumper on the 4th Set Of Pins? No other jumpers needed?

That correct?

Southern Patriot
:  :  :  :  :  :

1 2 3 4  5  6

P

(P = Pin)

Ok making sure this is right. Only need 1 jumper on the 4th Set Of Pins?  No other jumpers needed?

That correct?

586110032[/snapback]

Here is another article that has some better pictures. It should make things clearer for you (hopefully).

I have never done this personally (my upgrade had a seperate set of jumpers for the settings), so I'm just reading the same article you are reading.

Overclocking a Blue & White G3

zerolimit

Also with this new ram (Total 512 PC100 Ram) should I leave panther? Or get Tiger 10.4.1? What do you guys say?

Edited by zerolimit
Southern Patriot
Also with this new ram (Total 512 PC100 Ram) should I leave panther? Or get Tiger 10.4.1? What do you guys say?

586110128[/snapback]

Personally, I think Tiger would be your better choice. It seems slightly faster on my iBook than Panther did.

REM2000

Sorry for the out of subject/topic remark, but that is one cool avatar you have there Roadwarrior. :D

Southern Patriot
Sorry for the out of subject/topic remark, but that is one cool avatar you have there Roadwarrior. :D

586110361[/snapback]

Thanks. I found it on some web site a while back, but I forgot where. I always collect little things like that.

Payton
Congrats on the switch if that's gonna make you happy. Macs aren't really any better or different than PC. It's more a feeling of belonging to a "special" group of people who are smaller in number when compared to the larger society.

586040667[/snapback]

Well, OS X is a personal computer operating system... and yeah, it is, a lot different (and many would say has some much more advanced featyres) than Windows if that's what you're talking about.

zerolimit

UPDATE!!!

Comp works Great the memory helped alot! if anyone know were I can get a 256 PC100 let me know.

I tried that clone thing. But comp froze so I rebooted and now comp keeps freezing! I had to remove the 80GB HD because comp would freeze! :( Any idea guys?

would this work..........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

Edited by zerolimit
girl7
I tried that clone thing. But comp froze so I rebooted and now comp keeps freezing! I had to remove the 80GB HD because comp would freeze! :( Any idea guys?

While over at xlr8yourmac trying to figure out how to overclock your processor, perhaps you spend a little time reading about the rest of your B&W G3...

Have you checked to make sure all of the firmware updates for you specific model have been applied? These can be found in Apple's support pages.

According to the auction details, you have a Rev. 1 board, which has well documented problems with the IDE controller and drive corruption on larger and/or slave drives.

The best way to deal with this is, as I previously stated in my post at the bottom of pg.7 of this thread, to add a PCI ATA/133 card.

Doing so will completely bypass the drive size and corruption issues...

If you want to read a more detailed explanation of the problem and your options, try here:

http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/g-li...om/1542897.html

or do a Google search for _Apple B&W G3 Rev. 1_

Again, instead of trying to clone the old system from the old (different) drive, it would be best to install a fresh, new OS on the new drive from a real (legit) install disk.

zerolimit

ah!

good idea. but all this cost money$$$$$$$$$

OSX 10.4 = $130

IDE = $60

Ram: $30

B&W Sys: $130

-------------------------

Total: $350

$200 more and I can get a mac mini, but then again I want to wait for the intel ones but!!!! ofcourse that wont be for a few years.

iconboy

a few years? errr try 10-14 months.