[F1 US GP]- 6 Runners!

Anyone watching this madness?

All because Michellin supplied crappy tyres there is only 6 cars running on bridgestones!

Insane.

:angry:

What a disgrace for Formula 1 in USA. Michelin tyres not safe to drive on-and they all go into the pits..

Nine of the ten teams have agreed to leave the pits and take part in the US Grand Prix if a chicane is installed. Ferrari are saying the decision is down to the FIA, who have said no chicane should be installed. With less an hour until the race gets underway, there is still no solution. The following is a statement from Michelin.

The intensive investigations that have been undertaken in the last 24 hours by our laboratory and technical teams in France and United States concerning the incidents that occurred on the Toyota cars during the free practice test of Friday, have allowed Michelin to reach the following conclusions.

Given the combination of oval exit speed of the F1 cars and the subsequent down forces experienced by the tyres Michelin is not able to guarantee that such incidents would not reoccur during race conditions, and therefore Michelin is not able to guarantee the total safety of the drivers.

As a result Michelin, in total agreement with our partner teams has asked the FIA that a chicane, allowing the reduction of car speed be installed at the entrance to the oval. In this condition the Indianapolis F1 GP would be able to take place with the tyres that we used during the qualification.

This proposition answers three Michelin objectives: The safety of the drivers, the support of our partner teams and the interest of the race for the F1 fans.

E.A.

Source Michelin

Well theres only 6 cars racing.. the fans are booing.. many many fans are booing..!!

Shame the FIA couldnt resolve this like adults.!

What happened to everyone else? Crash? Non-start?

586088441[/snapback]

follow the link in post 4 :blush:

That's a joke... Bernie sucksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

and Michelin too :angry:

Why?

586088467[/snapback]

If the tv interview was accurate the reason why they didn't build the slowing chicane is because the Indianapolis staff said they wouldn't have enough time to build it.

I don't think the teams left out are going to be happy about it.

Why?

586088467[/snapback]

Gee I wonder why ;)

I doubt 150,000 people will bother to come watch it after this fiasco.

Gee I wonder why ;)

I doubt 150,000 people will bother to come watch it after this fiasco.

586088491[/snapback]

:D makes sence.. But as long as Ferrari wins, I don't care how, I'm happy :p

I personally agree with the Michelin teams decision to withdraw, no one wants to see some one die, AFTER they had be warned that could happen, especailly as the Indy walls are steel re-enforced. They could of sorted this out last night but they failed to do so, so the blame so far looks to be equal between the FIA and Michelin.

I personally am ANGRY with the US fans for throwing objects onto the circuit, thats endangering lives of the 6 drivers racing, and just shows how dumb americans can be. A F1 car doing 170mph, hitting a 800ml drinks bottle, could cause MAYHEM, think about it.

I personally am ANGRY with the US fans for throwing objects onto the circuit, thats endangering lives of the 6 drivers racing, and just shows how dumb americans can be. A F1 car doing 170mph, hitting a 800ml drinks bottle, could cause MAYHEM, think about it.

586088518[/snapback]

Totally agree, I think i've seen a bottle of water and a beer can thrown on there now, that's just stupid and dangerous for the drivers :(